Leopard No Sound

nlbailey

27 posts in this topic

On my macbook, i'm getting sound only through the internal speakers; even though the macbook recognizes I have put an audio jack into the line out socket.

I tried replacing a couple of kext files. (IOAudio,Apple02Sound, etc). Using the tiger (10.4) kext's, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Erik006

On my macbook, i'm getting sound only through the internal speakers; even though the macbook recognizes I have put an audio jack into the line out socket.

I tried replacing a couple of kext files. (IOAudio,Apple02Sound, etc). Using the tiger (10.4) kext's, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Erik006

YES! Thats exactly the same thing that is happening here! My line-in works, but my line-out doesnt. It is also recognisex by OS X but there is no sound output!

I use the headphone jack a lot and I need my headphone jack to be fixed. Are there any solutions...

Jeff

I guess we will have to wait until the next builds. I tried loading the tiger kext's on the leopard install. But they're not compatible. The only solution I see it (re)compiling the tiger extensions for leopard, and then loading them. But I don't think the source is available from apple.

Erik006

• 1 month later...

Hmm...

Any technical documentation on how the headphones are loaded? I'd love to help, and I do have a bit of knowledge. 

Anyone tried calling Apple about this?

Wow.

Bump, but several issues with leopard-I thought an easy-fix solution would be to plug in my Griffin iMic-it doesn't work on my MBP either, and it DID work with Tiger, I swear. And I actually just put it in my iBook G3 and it's fine. Also tested with my Mac mini, and iMac G3.

• 1 month later...

Well nt my exact problem, but the sound on my MBP is very loud even at 1. I have to ue the itunes slider sontrol to liten to my music. The thing is that on my PB, there are no hardware problems at all. Sound, display, speed. Nothing.

• 4 months later...
i've a MacBook Core 1 Duo (the old one that came out around back to school last year (august)). audio's working fine for me, both headphones & built in speakers.

Working fine? How you do that? Could you describe to me please?

If I cleand install 9A410 to my MB, is it can work fine?

Oh........~!~!~! :)

Working fine? How you do that? Could you describe to me please?

If I cleand install 9A410 to my MB, is it can work fine?

Oh........~!~!~! :thumbsdown_anim:

i used an external hdd formatted using a GUID partition table and then, using disk utility, restored the OS X leopard image onto the external hdd (after opening & mounting it). then i rebooted my mac with "alt" pressed down, chose EFI Boot in the menu and proceeded with the install.

i used an external hdd formatted using a GUID partition table and then, using disk utility, restored the OS X leopard image onto the external hdd (after opening & mounting it). then i rebooted my mac with "alt" pressed down, chose EFI Boot in the menu and proceeded with the install.

Is that clean Install? or Upgrade?

I think similar install process.