• 29 posts
That's good news, Nice job!

checcco

checcco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
These are great news hjs89!!!! This make me hope for my 5650! Did u edit your atiframebuffer.kext following bcc9 guide?

Fiber

Fiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Now up to internal display ;) Hope that somebody can make a guide for it when it works.. Yay!

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

WOORRKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally QE/CI was enabled on my 4570m!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it yet :) :thumbsdown_anim:

- Translucent Toolbar
- Wavy effect on Dashboard
- DVD player loads
- Front Row works

But it's not perfect for the moment.

- As you can see my apple at the up-left corner it's green. The same happens with HD 4350 (desktop version of this chipset).
- Internal Display it's black, but HDMI port works, this might be improved editing the framebuffer.
- The resolutions of my HDMI display and my LVDS display are switched, but I can fix it with the SwitchRes Tool :thumbsdown_anim:, maybe when the LVDS is correctly working it'll be fixed.

About how it worked:

- You must be in Snow Leopard 10.6.6
- You must add your deviceID to ATI4600Controller.kext, mine is 0x95531002, it can variate in each case.
- Edit ATIFramebuffer.kext with modified Vervet framebuffer, maybe others will work, but now is which I'm using now.
- Bootloader with ATI injector configured with Vervet Fb. You can use Kabyl's boot if it works with your graphic card or modify other bootloader.

Congrats! I will try to duplicate.
Still need internal display though.

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :censored2:

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. -_-

Summary of Kext:

-ATI4600Controller: From Lion with my DevideID add in Info.plist
-ATISupport: From Lion, stock.
-ATIFramebuffer: Lion, stock.
-ATIRadeonX2000.kext (and its plugins): From Snow Leopard 10.6.6, I didn't edit anything because my DevideID is in the kext.

I don't know how exactly works Lion's FB, but it's different that Snow. I've tested a lot of FB and a lot of them give me teh same result. So you can use usual booters.

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :rolleyes:

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. :wacko:

Summary of Kext:

-ATIRadeonX2000.kext (and its plugins): From Snow Leopard 10.6.6, I didn't edit anything because my DevideID is in the kext.

I don't know how exactly works Lion's FB, but it's different that Snow. I've tested a lot of FB and a lot of them give me teh same result. So you can use usual booters.

Have you tried putting in your EDID as per this post?
http://www.insanelym...hp/t208410.html

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Have you tried putting in your EDID as per this post?
http://www.insanelym...hp/t208410.html

I think that EDID is injected well. I want to compare it with one extracted under windows, but I don't know how to extract it. And Edid Viewer doesn't work for me.

I've tested VGA port and it's working well :).

The only issues that I've now is:

- Wrong colors in LVDS.
- HDMI audio is not working.

Exactly, this is what I see.
Posted Image

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

I think that EDID is injected well. I want to compare it with one extracted under windows, but I don't know how to extract it. And Edid Viewer doesn't work for me.

Try this tool

http://www.entechtai...il/moninfo.shtm

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :)

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. :P

Summary of Kext:

Finally! I got external monitor working with QE/CI. Yes, got output at external monitor. Which framebuffer are you using? I'm using Vervet.

Next phase, getting HDMI audio working.

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I've dumped with these tool the EDID under Windows and is the same as in IORegestry. Any idea? Maybe if we can understand how works Lion's framebuffer we can try to fix this issue.

Finally! I got external monitor working with QE/CI. Yes, got output at external monitor. Which framebuffer are you using? I'm using Vervet.

Next phase, getting HDMI audio working.

Congratulations!! What about your LVDS?

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

Congratulations!! What about your LVDS?

No output on the LVDS though. Maybe it is because I'm using Vervet?

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

You can obtain EDID in windows using "MonInfo" software.

To get the HDMI audio working, you'll need to go through almost the same process as you do/did to get the audio working (codec dump, obtain pin config, patch AppleHDA, etc), if I remember correctly. you'll need to inject HDAU device in DSDT.

c0ke

c0ke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:multimedia interaction design.

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :)

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. :P

Summary of Kext:

good news!!
tried as suggested above (thank you very much hjs89 !!!!) got same result on my hd mobility hd4330:
- woodstock "peace and love" on my internal lcd
- QE/CI enabled output on my vga monitor, but locked to 1280 resolution.

in the next days I'll make some tries to fix the internal monitor, but I've got not a lot of time to spend on it.
Here you can see my screenshots including green apple on top and ripples on my weather widget hihihi:

http://img822.images.../i/31155960.png
http://img546.images.../i/51547123.png

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
c0ke is your external monitor HDMI?

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

My HDMI and VGA outputs are working. Now I'm using an external VGA display. But the system doesn't detect the display itself. You've to boot with it plugged or click on Detect Displays.

c0ke

c0ke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:multimedia interaction design.

No, I've got only a VGA port on my laptop.

I'm now going to try to start in 64bit mode and without graphics mode and see what happens

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

Do you have 10.7 ATIRadeonX2000 kexts? Including 10.7 ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle & ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle? If you have, can you share it with me?

HaTaX

HaTaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
A little earlier in the thread he posted up the 10.7 kexts : http://www.insanelym...p...p=1646113

Also this is GREAT news!!!! Now I have a reason to install 10.6 on my Toshiba U500 and try to get it's 4570 working with QI/CE... I have 10.5 still installed on it and haven't updated as the lack of acceleration pretty much kills it's use to me. Too many applications depend on that working correctly...

Maybe I'll wait for hjs89's guide, I'm sure it won't be a one size fits all for these picky cards. Any other pointers you want to give in the meantime?

Excited about this! Thanks to everyone working on this!

KUGLee

KUGLee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Mine works too! I only have VGA port on my Dell Inspiron 1545 with 4330.

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Do you have 10.7 ATIRadeonX2000 kexts? Including 10.7 ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle & ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle? If you have, can you share it with me?

ATIRadeonX2000 from 10.7 didn't work when I tried it. That's why I mix the kext. Because I had QE/CI with 10.6.6 and the 10.7 framebuffer detected better my displays :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy