BIOS Bootup Message: 
BR034783-006 M92 DDR3 64bit 500e/800m									   

Connector at index 0 type: VGA (1)
Connector's i2cid: 95
Connector at index 1 type: HDMI-A (11)
Connector's i2cid: 91
Connector at index 2 type: LVDS (7)
Connector's i2cid: 90

So far no luck yet whether on internal or external display.

Acer Aspire 5738ZG ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4570

$ ./radeondump < 9553.0301.00E0.vga.rom 

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1025 SubsystemID: 0x0205
IOBaseAddress: 0x2000
Filename: BR33359D.bin
BIOS Bootup Message: 
Acer_JV50_MV_M92M2_XT_DDR3 M92 DDR3 64bit 680e/800m						 

Connector at index 0 type: LVDS (7)
Connector's i2cid: 96
Connector at index 1 type: VGA (1)
Connector's i2cid: 90
Connector at index 2 type: HDMI-A (11)
Connector's i2cid: 91

kizwan's code it's totally different to mine. So I think that each laptop will have its framebuffer.

Bad news guys :). I don't know if we are going to have QE/CI. I've mod Vervet framebuffer to my ports but and HDMI it's working but my laptop's screen still black.

ATI4600Controller.kext

ATIRadeon2000.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATISupport.kext

These kext are loaded but I don't have QE/CI

Bad news guys :) . I don't know if we are going to have QE/CI. I've mod Vervet framebuffer to my ports but and HDMI it's working but my laptop's screen still black.

ATI4600Controller.kext

ATIRadeon2000.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATISupport.kext

These kext are loaded but I don't have QE/CI

HDMI working but no QE/CI?

Yes, HDMI port was working without QE/CI. I'm posting more feedback in bcc9's post, check it.

I have a couple of questions.

1) Did you add your ATI device ID in the ATI4600Controller?

2) Did you boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes when you got the output through HDMI?

3) Did you boot to 32bit or 64bit mode?

I have a couple of questions.

1) Did you add your ATI device ID in the ATI4600Controller?

2) Did you boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes when you got the output through HDMI?

3) Did you boot to 32bit or 64bit mode?

1) Yes, I did. I did in 10.6.6 and 10.7.

2) Yes, you have to inyect your graphics card, with the boot or other kext like ATY_init.

3) 32bit.

WOORRKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally QE/CI was enabled on my 4570m!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it yet :) :)

- Translucent Toolbar

- Wavy effect on Dashboard

- DVD player loads

- Front Row works

But it's not perfect for the moment.

- As you can see my apple at the up-left corner it's green. The same happens with HD 4350 (desktop version of this chipset).

- Internal Display it's black, but HDMI port works, this might be improved editing the framebuffer.

- The resolutions of my HDMI display and my LVDS display are switched, but I can fix it with the SwitchRes Tool :), maybe when the LVDS is correctly working it'll be fixed.

About how it worked:

- You must be in Snow Leopard 10.6.6

- You must add your deviceID to ATI4600Controller.kext, mine is 0x95531002, it can variate in each case.

- Edit ATIFramebuffer.kext with modified Vervet framebuffer, maybe others will work, but now is which I'm using now.

- Bootloader with ATI injector configured with Vervet Fb. You can use Kabyl's boot if it works with your graphic card or modify other bootloader.

I'll do a how-to after do more test to fix the issues.

One screenshoot of my desktop, you can see my system profile with my card injected, DVD player working and translucent bar :)

el9yeo.png

Sorry, the system is in Spanish but I think that you'll understand the important things hehe

• Like 1

HOLY SH*T. This is HUGE! I'm eagerly waiting for this to work with the internal display! Such a groundbreaking news. I can't fuc*ing believe it.

THANKS A MILLION hjs89 (and everyone else who contributed to this). You will be remembered!

WOORRKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally QE/CI was enabled on my 4570m!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it yet :):thumbsdown_anim:

- Translucent Toolbar

- Wavy effect on Dashboard

- DVD player loads

- Front Row works

But it's not perfect for the moment.

- As you can see my apple at the up-left corner it's green. The same happens with HD 4350 (desktop version of this chipset).

- Internal Display it's black, but HDMI port works, this might be improved editing the framebuffer.

- The resolutions of my HDMI display and my LVDS display are switched, but I can fix it with the SwitchRes Tool :thumbsdown_anim:, maybe when the LVDS is correctly working it'll be fixed.

About how it worked:

- You must be in Snow Leopard 10.6.6

- You must add your deviceID to ATI4600Controller.kext, mine is 0x95531002, it can variate in each case.

- Edit ATIFramebuffer.kext with modified Vervet framebuffer, maybe others will work, but now is which I'm using now.

- Bootloader with ATI injector configured with Vervet Fb. You can use Kabyl's boot if it works with your graphic card or modify other bootloader.

Congrats! I will try to duplicate.

Still need internal display though.

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :censored2:

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. -_-

Summary of Kext:

-ATI4600Controller: From Lion with my DevideID add in Info.plist

-ATISupport: From Lion, stock.

-ATIFramebuffer: Lion, stock.

-ATIRadeonX2000.kext (and its plugins): From Snow Leopard 10.6.6, I didn't edit anything because my DevideID is in the kext.

I don't know how exactly works Lion's FB, but it's different that Snow. I've tested a lot of FB and a lot of them give me teh same result. So you can use usual booters.

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :rolleyes:

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. :wacko:

Summary of Kext:

-ATIRadeonX2000.kext (and its plugins): From Snow Leopard 10.6.6, I didn't edit anything because my DevideID is in the kext.

I don't know how exactly works Lion's FB, but it's different that Snow. I've tested a lot of FB and a lot of them give me teh same result. So you can use usual booters.

Have you tried putting in your EDID as per this post?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t208410.html

Have you tried putting in your EDID as per this post?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t208410.html

I think that EDID is injected well. I want to compare it with one extracted under windows, but I don't know how to extract it. And Edid Viewer doesn't work for me.

I've tested VGA port and it's working well :).

The only issues that I've now is:

- Wrong colors in LVDS.

- HDMI audio is not working.

Exactly, this is what I see.

mbpx8n.jpg

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :)

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. :P

Summary of Kext:

Finally! I got external monitor working with QE/CI. Yes, got output at external monitor. Which framebuffer are you using? I'm using Vervet.

Next phase, getting HDMI audio working.

I've dumped with these tool the EDID under Windows and is the same as in IORegestry. Any idea? Maybe if we can understand how works Lion's framebuffer we can try to fix this issue.

Finally! I got external monitor working with QE/CI. Yes, got output at external monitor. Which framebuffer are you using? I'm using Vervet.

Next phase, getting HDMI audio working.

Congratulations!! What about your LVDS?

I think that EDID is injected well. I want to compare it with one extracted under windows, but I don't know how to extract it. And Edid Viewer doesn't work for me.

You can obtain EDID in windows using "MonInfo" software.

To get the HDMI audio working, you'll need to go through almost the same process as you do/did to get the audio working (codec dump, obtain pin config, patch AppleHDA, etc), if I remember correctly. you'll need to inject HDAU device in DSDT.

Hi guys, We are closer to support these cards :)

I've done an interesant test. I've mixed Lion's and Snow's kext. I've used Lion's framebuffer that detected "well" my displays and ATIRadeonX2000 that give me QE/CI. Now I've QE/CI and my HDMI Displays are correctly detected (but HDMI audio it's not working) and my LVDS is working, but with wrong colors, but at least I'm seeing something in the correct resolution. :P

Summary of Kext:

good news!!

tried as suggested above (thank you very much hjs89 !!!!) got same result on my hd mobility hd4330:

- woodstock "peace and love" on my internal lcd

- QE/CI enabled output on my vga monitor, but locked to 1280 resolution.

in the next days I'll make some tries to fix the internal monitor, but I've got not a lot of time to spend on it.

Here you can see my screenshots including green apple on top and ripples on my weather widget hihihi:

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/31155960.png

http://img546.imageshack.us/i/51547123.png

c0ke is your external monitor HDMI?

My HDMI and VGA outputs are working. Now I'm using an external VGA display. But the system doesn't detect the display itself. You've to boot with it plugged or click on Detect Displays.