Mobility Radeon - 10.6.6/7 guide for QE/CI - testing 10.7

wmarsh

564 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I need some help with installing OS X on my laptop.

My laptop is MSI A6005-201US

link from where i got it - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=4938

It has ATI Radeon HD 4330 512 MB Graphics (device id 0x9552). I use iAtkos s3v2 distro to install snow leo on my laptop.

My problem is that I can never boot into normal mode. I need to install ATIFrameBuffer and ATYInit kext with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I choose a number of bootloaders and tried all possible combinations. The result that I always get is that after booting, my laptop displays garbage random patched stuff. It is actually the original display but looks all messed up. Sometimes I see a patch moving when I try to move my mouse pointer, hence indicating that the mouse pointer is present and moving. Once I also could see OS X welcome video but in a scrambled way.

The only way I can boot the laptop is in safe mode using -x flag. I can see the System Profiler recognizing my card but mistakes the memory as 256MB. My device id is present in ATIRadeonX2000.kext file. So if i try to modify it, I get a KP after reboot.

I want to follow the method mucha posted but I cannot get to do anything in normal mode.

wmarsh - I couldn't get anything in the link you posted for getting ati.c

I think the new link might be - http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...6/libsaio/ati.c

but i didn't find Peregrine as you suggested.

Also what is Peregrine, Shrike, etc, etc... and how do you know which one you have.

Thanks a lot guys for your help!

Hi Guys, I need some help with installing OS X on my laptop.

My laptop is MSI A6005-201US

link from where i got it - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=4938

It has ATI Radeon HD 4330 512 MB Graphics (device id 0x9552). I use iAtkos s3v2 distro to install snow leo on my laptop.

My problem is that I can never boot into normal mode. I need to install ATIFrameBuffer and ATYInit kext with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I choose a number of bootloaders and tried all possible combinations. The result that I always get is that after booting, my laptop displays garbage random patched stuff. It is actually the original display but looks all messed up. Sometimes I see a patch moving when I try to move my mouse pointer, hence indicating that the mouse pointer is present and moving. Once I also could see OS X welcome video but in a scrambled way.

The only way I can boot the laptop is in safe mode using -x flag. I can see the System Profiler recognizing my card but mistakes the memory as 256MB. My device id is present in ATIRadeonX2000.kext file. So if i try to modify it, I get a KP after reboot.

I want to follow the method mucha posted but I cannot get to do anything in normal mode.

wmarsh - I couldn't get anything in the link you posted for getting ati.c

I think the new link might be - http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...6/libsaio/ati.c

but i didn't find Peregrine as you suggested.

Also what is Peregrine, Shrike, etc, etc... and how do you know which one you have.

Thanks a lot guys for your help!

If your card hasn't hdmi external port you have the same card as mine.

ONLY IN THIS CASE you could try this bootloader, but you need also to patch ATIFramebuffer with an hex editor as described here

You need a controller (eg. ATI4600Controller.kext) with your dev id ( 0x95521002 ) added to info.plist. Be sure it is also in ATIRadeonX2000.kext

remove radeonhd kext if you had it and put

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

in your boot plist.

Good luck

If you have got the external hdmi port don't try this, since the atiframebuffer patch will not work. Try to follow crazybirdy's experience instead :)

If your card hasn't hdmi external port you have the same card as mine.

ONLY IN THIS CASE you could try this bootloader, but you need also to patch ATIFramebuffer with an hex editor as described here

You need a controller (eg. ATI4600Controller.kext) with your dev id ( 0x95521002 ) added to info.plist. Be sure it is also in ATIRadeonX2000.kext

remove radeonhd kext if you had it and put

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

in your boot plist.

Good luck

If you have got the external hdmi port don't try this, since the atiframebuffer patch will not work. Try to follow crazybirdy's experience instead :(

Thanks for your reply coke!! I don't have an external HDMI, so I think we might have the same graphic card :D

I did everything according to what you said. But still I get a messed up desplay on LVDS. I had to add my device ID to ati4600controller.kext and my device id was already in atix2000.kext

I edited the atiframebuffer file in mac os folder in the kext package at the location you indicated in your post. I did it for both 64bit and 32bit. I think i might have messed up over here. can you post your kext file.

Also, about the bootloader, I couldnt just replace the original boot file. So I deleted it and pasted the new one. I think this is working since I can see a new bootloader. I also have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist

I don't know what else can be wrong. BTW I am running 10.6.3 Iatkos s3v2.

Thanks for your reply coke!! I don't have an external HDMI, so I think we might have the same graphic card :(

I did everything according to what you said. But still I get a messed up desplay on LVDS. I had to add my device ID to ati4600controller.kext and my device id was already in atix2000.kext

I edited the atiframebuffer file in mac os folder in the kext package at the location you indicated in your post. I did it for both 64bit and 32bit. I think i might have messed up over here. can you post your kext file.

Also, about the bootloader, I couldnt just replace the original boot file. So I deleted it and pasted the new one. I think this is working since I can see a new bootloader. I also have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist

I don't know what else can be wrong. BTW I am running 10.6.3 Iatkos s3v2.

I'm sorry, I can't post my kext.

This method works 100% on my 10.6.7 system, I did it again few days ago after a new system configuration after a hd failure. I suggest to upgrade to 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 since the kexts should be different. In fact I remember there is no ati4500controller anymore...

Can you post also a picture of your messed up display to be able to know what's wrong?

I'm sorry, I can't post my kext.

This method works 100% on my 10.6.7 system, I did it again few days ago after a new system configuration after a hd failure. I suggest to upgrade to 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 since the kexts should be different. In fact I remember there is no ati4500controller anymore...

Can you post also a picture of your messed up display to be able to know what's wrong?

The thing is that I cannot boot into my hackintosh in normal mode. I always have to boot it in safe mode and because of this my track pad doesn't work. Also most of the times the external mouse fails to work. I did most of the editing by accessing the Mac partition by booting up my windows.

About the controller, I can see multiple controller Kexts in S/L/E/, like 4500Controller, 4600Controller etc. I have added the device ID to only one of the controller which you mentioned (4500).

Also I don't think we have the same card. This is because after I used the new boot file, the one you gave me, the bootloader still showed me VESA v3 16MB BIOS. So I don't think the bootloader correctly identified my card.

Is there any way that I can find out what configuration do I have?

I will post the picture soon.

Thanks again

The thing is that I cannot boot into my hackintosh in normal mode. I always have to boot it in safe mode and because of this my track pad doesn't work. Also most of the times the external mouse fails to work. I did most of the editing by accessing the Mac partition by booting up my windows.

About the controller, I can see multiple controller Kexts in S/L/E/, like 4500Controller, 4600Controller etc. I have added the device ID to only one of the controller which you mentioned (4500).

Also I don't think we have the same card. This is because after I used the new boot file, the one you gave me, the bootloader still showed me VESA v3 16MB BIOS. So I don't think the bootloader correctly identified my card.

Is there any way that I can find out what configuration do I have?

I will post the picture soon.

Thanks again

As you can see in the title, these methods are tested and working with 10.6.6 or 10.6.7, due to a modified kext structure, so 4500controller has been deleted from apple and the patch is working with the last 4600controller. Also atiframebuffer and atisupport should be changed.

Then you must use kexthelper or chmod, chown and touch System/Library/Extension after any modify to take place. This means that you must be in osx, even if in VESA mode (stretched 1024x768).

Every bootloader runs in VESA mode (look wikipedia for vesa), so it is normal what's written on the bootloader header ;) I see the same too. No matter for the card.

Try to use RadeonHD with graphicsenabler=no to adjust your system (should give you a good resolution even if without qe/ci support), then remove it before the last reboot with graphicsenabler=yes again.

As you can see in the title, these methods are tested and working with 10.6.6 or 10.6.7, due to a modified kext structure, so 4500controller has been deleted from apple and the patch is working with the last 4600controller. Also atiframebuffer and atisupport should be changed.

Then you must use kexthelper or chmod, chown and touch System/Library/Extension after any modify to take place. This means that you must be in osx, even if in VESA mode (stretched 1024x768).

Every bootloader runs in VESA mode (look wikipedia for vesa), so it is normal what's written on the bootloader header ;) I see the same too. No matter for the card.

Try to use RadeonHD with graphicsenabler=no to adjust your system (should give you a good resolution even if without qe/ci support), then remove it before the last reboot with graphicsenabler=yes again.

Hi coke,

I got my Hackintosh working on normal mode using RadeonHD.kext and GraphicsEnabler=No. I am so happy to see everything else working fine. Airport, Sound Battery detection all working fine. I also upgraded to 10.6.7 without any issues.

Now to concentrate on QE/CI, I have put my device ID in X2000.kext and 4600Controller.kext. I will once again modify the ATIFramebuffer and give it a try. But I don't know what to do with ATISupport. I also want to tell you that I also have many other controller kexts - 1300,1600,1900,2400,2600,3800,4500,4600,4800,5000. I only edited 4600 as you mentioned. I will post the progress.

Also can you tell me what to do with atisupport and other controller kexts.

Thanks!!

I tried the method and it still gave me garbled screen. I have attached the image as you requested.

post-882742-1318152908_thumb.jpg

I tried the method and it still gave me garbled screen. I have attached the image as you requested.

Hi, I'm happy to know about your progresses, we're almost there ;)

You don't need to modify any atisupport or other kexts as far as I know.

First of all, are you using the peregrine modified boot file of chameleon?

Do you apply chmod, chown and touch after any modify to S/L/E?

Then, have you got an external vga display to know if even the external port is working?

We must also know which of the extensions are loaded when you see the screen you posted...

Once you understand the system is loaded, try to load system profiler and save a profile on the desktop or wherever you prefer to find it.

You could set system profiler to load at login, then working blindly with the keyboard shortcut: save the profile (command + S) giving it an easy name (like profile00000 that you could then easily find). Then boot up with radeonHD with g.e. = no and see what's in the profile or better post it...

We must know if the right extensions are loaded, if the card is correctly recognized and if it's using peregrine...

Hi, I'm happy to know about your progresses, we're almost there :(

You don't need to modify any atisupport or other kexts as far as I know.

First of all, are you using the peregrine modified boot file of chameleon?

Do you apply chmod, chown and touch after any modify to S/L/E?

Then, have you got an external vga display to know if even the external port is working?

We must also know which of the extensions are loaded when you see the screen you posted...

Once you understand the system is loaded, try to load system profiler and save a profile on the desktop or wherever you prefer to find it.

You could set system profiler to load at login, then working blindly with the keyboard shortcut: save the profile (command + S) giving it an easy name (like profile00000 that you could then easily find). Then boot up with radeonHD with g.e. = no and see what's in the profile or better post it...

We must know if the right extensions are loaded, if the card is correctly recognized and if it's using peregrine...

Yes I am using the bootloader which you attached in the post above. I just replaced the boot file in root folder with the new one.

No. I actually use kext helper to install the kext and then at restart using -f flag to rebuild the cache. I assume it is the same thing.

Yes I have an external display

Should I save the system configuration when using radeonHD. Because otherwise I cannot work on anything using the garbled screen.

EDIT-

Do I have to save the system profiler status using radeonHD.kext Because right now there is no kext loaded and it misinterprets my Graphics memory too.

I also can't change the resolution from 1024x768. Even with specifying a particular resolution in boot.plist and before startup

Yes I am using the bootloader which you attached in the post above. I just replaced the boot file in root folder with the new one.

No. I actually use kext helper to install the kext and then at restart using -f flag to rebuild the cache. I assume it is the same thing.

Yes I have an external display

Should I save the system configuration when using radeonHD. Because otherwise I cannot work on anything using the garbled screen.

EDIT-

Do I have to save the system profiler status using radeonHD.kext Because right now there is no kext loaded and it misinterprets my Graphics memory too.

I also can't change the resolution from 1024x768. Even with specifying a particular resolution in boot.plist and before startup

No, you need to know the system profile without radeonhd and with g.e. = no.

You should be able to program a batch, maybe with Automator or with applescript editor and open the script at startup, if you can't do it blindly, when the screen is garbled....

The profile with radeonhd is useful.

However what if the external display is plugged in when the lvds is garbled?

No, you need to know the system profile without radeonhd and with g.e. = no.

You should be able to program a batch, maybe with Automator or with applescript editor and open the script at startup, if you can't do it blindly, when the screen is garbled....

The profile with radeonhd is useful.

However what if the external display is plugged in when the lvds is garbled?

I don't know how to get it without radeonHD and ge=No. I always get a garbled screen. I dont think the os is loaded properly since I try to eject the DVD drive using the F12 button and sound shortcut keys dont work.

I have never tried the VGA output using mac. I have attached a pic of profile with radeonhd.kext and the profile file.

I have also noticed that with ge=yes and evoenabler and in -x mode, the system correctly recognizes my card and memory (and i used chameleon2 rc5). Do you want the pic of tht configuration. Should I try the bootloader you provided with modified frame buffer and evoenabler with device id in 4600controller and x2000?

post-882742-1318199550_thumb.jpg

MacBook_Pro.zip

I don't know how to get it without radeonHD and ge=No. I always get a garbled screen. I dont think the os is loaded properly since I try to eject the DVD drive using the F12 button and sound shortcut keys dont work.

I have never tried the VGA output using mac. I have attached a pic of profile with radeonhd.kext and the profile file.

I have also noticed that with ge=yes and evoenabler and in -x mode, the system correctly recognizes my card and memory (and i used chameleon2 rc5). Do you want the pic of tht configuration. Should I try the bootloader you provided with modified frame buffer and evoenabler with device id in 4600controller and x2000?

Hmmm.. if you think the OS is not properly loaded maybe a kp occours.

try to boot with -v to be sure and see where it hangs.

I'm not sure anyway, because if you see the garbled screen after the grey apple logo with spinning wheel it seems the desktop should be loaded without kp. Maybe also your keyboard is not properly recognized (you could try to test it with an external keyboard too).

I don't think it is a bootloader issue. In the profile you posted, the card is not recognized. And only atisupport and atiRadeonx2000 are loaded. However we've got no enough info since we need the profile taken with the garbled screen to know what's happening. I remember I was able to do it blindly when I was testing different framebuffer solutions..

Hmmm.. if you think the OS is not properly loaded maybe a kp occours.

try to boot with -v to be sure and see where it hangs.

I'm not sure anyway, because if you see the garbled screen after the grey apple logo with spinning wheel it seems the desktop should be loaded without kp. Maybe also your keyboard is not properly recognized (you could try to test it with an external keyboard too).

I don't think it is a bootloader issue. In the profile you posted, the card is not recognized. And only atisupport and atiRadeonx2000 are loaded. However we've got no enough info since we need the profile taken with the garbled screen to know what's happening. I remember I was able to do it blindly when I was testing different framebuffer solutions..

in -v mode, it loads everything completely and goes to the same screen as in normal mode. So the OS startup is good.

I will however try to do it once again. I think IF it loads then I can save the profile.

Since you cannot post your kext, if i upload my kexts zip, will you be able to see it and verify if they are correctly modified. I am still sure that there was something wrong when I edited my kext.

Cheers!

What os are you using? please post your system specs on your signature and please share your experience :)

enjoy your mhackbook!

Posted my specs in my signature, if anyone has the same and needs help give me a shout! Also I am trying to create a custom boot file for OS X Lion atm if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

in -v mode, it loads everything completely and goes to the same screen as in normal mode. So the OS startup is good.

I will however try to do it once again. I think IF it loads then I can save the profile.

Since you cannot post your kext, if i upload my kexts zip, will you be able to see it and verify if they are correctly modified. I am still sure that there was something wrong when I edited my kext.

I think your kext is ok. If you did replace the right number of bits in the right place it is ok. If you're not sure you can do it again carefully.

However if you don't care to use the external VGA try the atiFramebuffer from kizwan posted here

I remember it was working on my system but without VGA output that is very important to me.

Otherwise you could try the 10.7 files giving me only vga output adding the right dev id in info.plist..

I think your kext is ok. If you did replace the right number of bits in the right place it is ok. If you're not sure you can do it again carefully.

However if you don't care to use the external VGA try the atiFramebuffer from kizwan posted here

I remember it was working on my system but without VGA output that is very important to me.

Otherwise you could try the 10.7 files giving me only vga output adding the right dev id in info.plist..

Damn it... I am now getting KP on atix2000.kext!!! this is now really frustrating!!! :D

Edit

I now installed it fresh. Here is what I did.

Installed fresh with iAtkos s3v2 disk and default bootlader (chameleon 2 rc4 asereBLN)

VIAKext, AtherosKext, VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA.

Install completed successfully.

Restarted in safe mode. Installed 10.6.7 combo update. Restart.

Edit ATI4600Controller by adding device id to info.plist. (Edited directly by copying next on desktop ->edit->replace the old one). Repair permissions rebuild cache.

Restart in safe mode. Add RadeonHD.kext using next helper.

Restart in normal mode and stuck on the following screen. Rebooting in safe mode doesnt work as well.

More Edit - I removed RadeonHD.kext and it booted up in safe mode. Installed ATI4600Controller with device id in info.plist and kizwans framebuffer using kext helper. Restart using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and in verbose mode and got to a black screen. I tried to eject dvd drive using f12 and it came out. I can also hear volume sound when I try to adjust the volume. So it booted up.

Used your framebuffer by editing from windows (since I cannot boot into mac) and rebuilt cache using -f at startup. It seemed that it is stuck after loading everything. But actually, it was not. I could do everything as I mentioned above except that instead of a completely black screen it was still showing previous verbose instructions. I cannot bootup in safe mode too. same thing happens.

I can also shut it down using the shortcut and it follows proper shutdown procedure which I can see on the verbose screen.

post-882742-1318391421_thumb.jpg

Damn it... I am now getting KP on atix2000.kext!!! this is now really frustrating!!! :P

Edit

I now installed it fresh. Here is what I did.

Installed fresh with iAtkos s3v2 disk and default bootlader (chameleon 2 rc4 asereBLN)

VIAKext, AtherosKext, VoodooPS2 and VoodooHDA.

Install completed successfully.

Restarted in safe mode. Installed 10.6.7 combo update. Restart.

Edit ATI4600Controller by adding device id to info.plist. (Edited directly by copying next on desktop ->edit->replace the old one). Repair permissions rebuild cache.

Restart in safe mode. Add RadeonHD.kext using next helper.

Restart in normal mode and stuck on the following screen. Rebooting in safe mode doesnt work as well.

More Edit - I removed RadeonHD.kext and it booted up in safe mode. Installed ATI4600Controller with device id in info.plist and kizwans framebuffer using kext helper. Restart using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and in verbose mode and got to a black screen. I tried to eject dvd drive using f12 and it came out. I can also hear volume sound when I try to adjust the volume. So it booted up.

Used your framebuffer by editing from windows (since I cannot boot into mac) and rebuilt cache using -f at startup. It seemed that it is stuck after loading everything. But actually, it was not. I could do everything as I mentioned above except that instead of a completely black screen it was still showing previous verbose instructions. I cannot bootup in safe mode too. same thing happens.

I can also shut it down using the shortcut and it follows proper shutdown procedure which I can see on the verbose screen.

ok, again, we're almost there.

first of all maybe any radeonhd versions got issues with x2000, remove atiradeonx2000 when trying to boot with radeonhd and then put it back again with graphicsenabler = yes.

Then try to save the system profile when the os is loaded and you can't see the display. You must be able to do it with shortcuts.

I did it after rebooting without radeonhd (in which I opened system profiler) going to the upper left corner -> typing "rec" for recent items -> right key -> "sys" for system profiler -> enter -> command + s -> typing a name I'll remember -> wait a couple of minutes (saving maybe slow).

However you must know I had the same issue when booting with a different bootloader than the one I suggested to download.. Be sure you're using the right one ;)

ok, again, we're almost there.

first of all maybe any radeonhd versions got issues with x2000, remove atiradeonx2000 when trying to boot with radeonhd and then put it back again with graphicsenabler = yes.

Then try to save the system profile when the os is loaded and you can't see the display. You must be able to do it with shortcuts.

I did it after rebooting without radeonhd (in which I opened system profiler) going to the upper left corner -> typing "rec" for recent items -> right key -> "sys" for system profiler -> enter -> command + s -> typing a name I'll remember -> wait a couple of minutes (saving maybe slow).

However you must know I had the same issue when booting with a different bootloader than the one I suggested to download.. Be sure you're using the right one :yoji:

Holla Coke,

I have got the breakthrough!! I managed to get system profiler information saved from blank display. When ge=on, the graphic card is recognized with proper vram. but it seems that it is not connected to any display connector. i tried lvds and vga both. I have attached them here. One is with ge=on and other with ge=off. in ge=on i was getting a blank screen after the os loads and in off, i was with the verbose screen.

other easy ways to get it saved are

- from safe mode attach system profiler to startup after you log in the account. this can be done from accounts in system preferences

-other way is to drag the mouse pointer to top right corner and click on spotlight. enter system profiler and click enter. it will open up.

on.zip

off.zip

Holla Coke,

I have got the breakthrough!! I managed to get system profiler information saved from blank display. When ge=on, the graphic card is recognized with proper vram. but it seems that it is not connected to any display connector. i tried lvds and vga both. I have attached them here. One is with ge=on and other with ge=off. in ge=on i was getting a blank screen after the os loads and in off, i was with the verbose screen.

other easy ways to get it saved are

- from safe mode attach system profiler to startup after you log in the account. this can be done from accounts in system preferences

-other way is to drag the mouse pointer to top right corner and click on spotlight. enter system profiler and click enter. it will open up.

Well! the "on" profile indicate that everything is loading well.

the card is properly recognized in graphic/dispaly and in pci board too with the correct fb assigned.

All the kexts are loaded: ati4600controller, atiframebuffer, radeonx2000 and atisupport.

If neither your patched version of atiframebuffer and kizwan's one works I think the patch is not the right one for your card.

No display was detected so it seems there is not a proper connection instruction on both ports. It means it's still a different card than mine.

I think you should follow mucha's guide to figure out the right values for your card's connectorType, transmitter, encoder, ports, senseid and whatever else... So you could patch your framebuffer from zero.

You can try to do it using the 10.7 (linked above) solution on an external vga display (the internal lvds gets wrong colors)

Well! the "on" profile indicate that everything is loading well.

the card is properly recognized in graphic/dispaly and in pci board too with the correct fb assigned.

All the kexts are loaded: ati4600controller, atiframebuffer, radeonx2000 and atisupport.

If neither your patched version of atiframebuffer and kizwan's one works I think the patch is not the right one for your card.

No display was detected so it seems there is not a proper connection instruction on both ports. It means it's still a different card than mine.

I think you should follow mucha's guide to figure out the right values for your card's connectorType, transmitter, encoder, ports, senseid and whatever else... So you could patch your framebuffer from zero.

You can try to do it using the 10.7 (linked above) solution on an external vga display (the internal lvds gets wrong colors)

OK. Guess I will have to do everything else further by myself. But before continuing, can you tell me how should I identify my ATIFramebuffer. Because I am not sure my card uses Peregrine. Because MSI has released other similar design laptops with HDMI and same video card. So they might have put the internals for HDMI in my card but not just put the interface. So if I can confirm which framebuffer I use, I can go ahead.

Also does everst work to get mobility bios dump?

OK. Guess I will have to do everything else further by myself. But before continuing, can you tell me how should I identify my ATIFramebuffer. Because I am not sure my card uses Peregrine. Because MSI has released other similar design laptops with HDMI and same video card. So they might have put the internals for HDMI in my card but not just put the interface. So if I can confirm which framebuffer I use, I can go ahead.

Also does everst work to get mobility bios dump?

Ok, from bcc9's bios decode tool you'll find something like that:

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1028 SubsystemID: 0x02aa
IOBaseAddress: 0xde00
Filename: BR32831.001 
BIOS Bootup Message: 
BR32831-001 M92 DDR2 64bit 450e/500m										

Connector at index 0 type: VGA (1)
Connector's i2cid: 91
Connector at index 1 type: LVDS (7)
Connector's i2cid: 90

here you see all the connectors for my card and their id.

Maybe your card has a different connector scheme. Then mucha provided all the info you need to make your own patch.

to obtain a bios dump

you may need dong's RadeonDump tool and RadeonHD.kext for this method.

RadeonHD only works for 4xxx and below and only arch=i386

I find I can get dmesg from RadeonHD without setting debug=true or verbose=2, therefore leaving screen usable.

for tool google "dong VBIOS"

download vbios.zip from 1st link

(not necessary if you can extract your vbios with gpu-z in Windows and use Linux or bcc9's tool for dmesg)

dong looks like he is about to post an updated RadeonHD -- available here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00?do=findComment&comment=1660427

It worked for me without problems since gpu-z cannot extract the bios from mobility cards..

So I've managed to get QE/CI working in lion on my dell inspiron 1545 with ati radeon 4330 256mb using ATY_Init modded with Flicker. The thing is I'm missing 86 pixels :s. How can I force it to be 1366x768 instead of 1280x768? Other then that another success I believe :),

After switching from Flicker to Peregrine I now have full resolution but my video card is read as Ati radeon HD 4600 instead of the Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4330 it was reading with Flicker, I also have a lot less resolutions to choose from, will continue trying other framebuffers and keep you guys updated!

After switching from Flicker to Peregrine I now have full resolution but my video card is read as Ati radeon HD 4600 instead of the Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4330 it was reading with Flicker, I also have a lot less resolutions to choose from, will continue trying other framebuffers and keep you guys updated!

you could try switchresx to fix resolution issues :(

How did you switch between framebuffers?