• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Exactly the same. I fixed permissions before with Kext Utility.

Given you have a different dev id, it could be you are not supported yet

But given your dev id is in the info.plist for ATI4500Controller.kext, it could be that is conflicting with RadeonHD.kext, and duplicate symbols are occurring, so the sym links are not happening.

Why don't you give us kextutil -v for:
RadeonHD.kext
ATI4500Controller.kext
ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Then try moving only ATI4500Controller.kext out of /S/L/E
rebooting with -f -v

And tell us what happens

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
BEFORE

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext
Warnings: 
	The booter does not recognize symbolic links; confirm these files/directories aren't needed for startup: 
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeResources
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext 
Password:
/System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded)
sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext
Warnings: 
	The booter does not recognize symbolic links; confirm these files/directories aren't needed for startup: 
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext/Contents/CodeResources
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

/System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext.
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: 	__ZN12ATIConnector14getActivePanelEv
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: 	__ZN12AtiHdcpProxy7restoreEv
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: 	__ZN13ATIController10getHdcpForEh
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: 	__ZN20DisplayPortUtilities18getInterruptSourceEb
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: 	__ZN20DisplayPortUtilities4initEP18ConnectionServicesPK13ConnectorInfoh
(kernel) kxld[com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller]: 	__ZN20DisplayPortUtilities8setPanelEP8ATIPanel
(kernel) Can't load kext com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller - link failed.
(kernel) Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller failed to load (0xdc008016).
(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.kext.ATI4500Controller (error 0xdc008016).
Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/ATI4500Controller.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
Check library declarations for your kext with kextlibs(8).

AFTER

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Warnings: 
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeResources
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext
Warnings: 
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext/Contents/CodeResources
		/System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

/System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Loading /System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext.
/System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

br492

br492

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
I believe that with all those things above we are close to have new MacBooks with ati/amd graphics

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
HJS89, I guess you found your ATI4500Controller.kext

You all were right to be skeptical. I tried Front Row and got the black screen :)

But alot of things work that did not work before, and we are alot closer.

Ccc

Ccc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Excellent idea. My HD4330 is 256MB and Ccc is 512MB. They may have different device ids. Mine is (0x95521002)

My graphic card is 512Mb, and the same as yours, 0x95521002

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
sorry for not posting back yesterday, but after numerous OSX installations/reconfigurations I am back in ubuntu - here is what happened :

ATI Mobility RADEON HD4650 PCIexpress 1024MB dedicated Vram ID 0x9480 ( Satellite L500 )

PC EFI 10.6, Graphics Enabler = NO , SMBIOS.plist = MacBookPro4,1 ( second attempt : iMac11,1)

installed 10.6.0, upgraded to 10.6.6 via offline combo update. VANILLA Apple kernel :

1. on first boot using only stock kexts 1024x768 vesa ( before always no screen at all , )
2. installed RadeonHD.kext for 10.6x, set in plist HWcursor to false and lowpowermode to true .
repair permissions, mkext, rebooted : correct resolution and Display can be calibrated.

3. System Profiler shows HD4650 Mobility, BUT says 256MB Vram instead of 1GB

Kexts loaded successfully per Systemprofiler :

ATIRadeonX2000.kext and its bundles
ATISupport.kext
RadeonHD.kext

Here is what does not work :

QTX: Movies not play ( mp4s ), can flip through them, trimm them but they do not play.

Preview.app : PDFs load with annotations and all the features, BUT JPGs don't.

DVDPlayer : No. ( "Videoerror")

FrontRow : No. ( black screen must be Control+Q /Esc to get back )

ScreenSavers : No. ("flurry" only - and obviously this is software rendered )

PhotoBooth : Loads, but the "Effects" Window is only black, so is the rest of the app, although I can operate it..

So .. all that above is due to RadeonHD.kext being used instead of the real ATIFramebuffer,

Maybe useful Sidenote :

Note1)
ATI4600**controller.kext :
after putting in my ID i could forcefully kextload it while still running via RadeonHD.kext , but on the next boot no screen cometh up with both in S/L/E. - had to remove ATI46xxx.kext . When removing RadeonHD.kext instead, boot screen hangs at the LAN IP AutoDHCP screen forever, no GUI cometh up.

Note2) "GraphicsEnabler= Yes" leads to corrupted screen.

Note3) Powermanagement of the GraphicsCard ( constant fan running ) seems to be controlled by 2 kexts, one of them beginning with (Apple)GraphicsController**.kext, inside the plist I found entries for different speed-steppings and thermal zone, and they depend on what Mac Model your SMBIOS.plist is showing ( i.e. what OSX thinks that it runs on ) -- these kexts seem to be realted to all NVDA/GeForce/ATI/AppleIntelGM kexts ( i.e. they work together ? )

So this is a bit of progress, but only that some of Apples own kexts now load. BUT THERE IS NO 3D. still :D

I have even replaced my Intel Wifi5100 with a BCM4300 card.. its only the damn GPU which makes this Laptop non-OSX-ready..

So, as much as I would liked to tinker more - I need my puter today for work, so ubuntu for today.. maybe some clever one finds a way .. I am more then willing to always try ..

Ccc

Ccc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Someone could please tell how to solve my problem?

Whenever I add the RadeonHD.kext from (http://code.google.c.../downloads/list) into S/L/E and reboot. the system hangs at
" AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out".
NullCPUPoermanagement.kext is in /Extra/Extensitions
Tried to delete AppleIntelCPUPower*.kext, but not working.

I have to replace the kext with an old version downloaded from insanelymac in the post of Dong.
The system then booted but without QE/ci.

Let me clarify:

You delete no kexts from /S/L/E
Especially not the ATI ones.

You use RadeonHD.kext too, also in /S/L/E

You make sure your device id is in ATIRadeonX2000.kext (mine was)

You repair permissions, and mkext, reboot -f -v and pray.

Resolution changes for me and ATIRadeonX2000.kext loads

I think you need to check for your device ID in ATIRadeonX2000.kext

Or give us the output of sudo kextutil -v ATIRadeonX2000.kext

I have added my device id (0x95521002) into ATIRadeonX2000.kext
I'm using an old versiton of RadeonHD.kext from insanelymac in dong's post.
The newest one in code.google.com gives me hang up at startup with
AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement timed out.

[update]
I redownloaded the OSX10.6.6update package and used pacifist to extract the ATI*.kext files to S/L/E
after that i put the newest RadeonHD.kext into S/L/E, then kextutil
all three kexts seems loaded:
ATISupport, ATIRadeonX2000 and RadeonHD
After reboto I still get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out.

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Maybe useful Sidenote :

Note1)
ATI4600**controller.kext :
after putting in my ID i could forcefully kextload it while still running via RadeonHD.kext , but on the next boot no screen cometh up with both in S/L/E. - had to remove ATI46xxx.kext . When removing RadeonHD.kext instead, boot screen hangs at the LAN IP AutoDHCP screen forever, no GUI cometh up.

Note2) "GraphicsEnabler= Yes" leads to corrupted screen.

Well if people wish to keep working on this, let me add some more observations:

If you add Dev ID to ATI4500Controller.kext it does not load. Gives a list of unlinked symbols.

I confirm what smartie77 says; insert device ID into ATI4600Controller.kext and it does load successfully, with or without RadeonHD.kext present.

I agree with his note in another thread that if we could get dong involved we would make more progress.

What I have just done is install Kabyl's bootloader, which he posted here for testing:
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1611365

This enables us to enter "Graphics Enabler"="yes" at boottime and specify a framebuffer with "ATIConfig"="framebuffer"

I have tried the 4 I thought might give LVDS -- Wormy, Hypoprion, Shrike, Iago -- still no joy
[EDIT -- Kabyl's loader did nothing. Loading these framebuffers with DSDT resulted in an incomplete boot, or at least a halt to messages when the graphics system was enabled]

Possibly if Kabyl gave us some way of specifying dong's framebuffer -- with RadeonHD loaded of course -- we would complete the connection and really have QE/CI

Someone could please tell how to solve my problem?

Do you have Disabler.kext?

Hey everyone look here http://www.engadget..../#disqus_thread
does this mean that apple will start putting cards like the Mobility 5870 in their macbooks? That would just be the bees knees!

Interesting article. I think there is hope we will get a framebuffer that works.

c0ke

c0ke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:multimedia interaction design.

Well if people wish to keep working on this, let me add some more observations:

If you add Dev ID to ATI4500Controller.kext it does not load. Gives a list of unlinked symbols.

I confirm what smartie77 says; insert device ID into ATI4600Controller.kext and it does load successfully, with or without RadeonHD.kext present.

I agree with his note in another thread that if we could get dong involved we would make more progress.

What I have just done is install Kabyl's bootloader, which he posted here for testing:
http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1611365

This enables us to enter "Graphics Enabler"="yes" at boottime and specify a framebuffer with "ATIConfig"="framebuffer"

I have tried the 4 I thought might give LVDS -- Wormy, Hypoprion, Shrike, Iago -- still no joy

Possibly if Kabyl gave us some way of specifying dong's framebuffer -- with RadeonHD loaded of course -- we would complete the connection and really have QE/CI

Do you have Disabler.kext?

Hi! sorry for delay. During the last days I've been upgrading my SL version to 10.6.6.
I had no particular issues, but I had to remove sleepenabler from E/E kext causing KP on boot, reconfigure my card in the IO80211 kext and downgrade the flash plugin for safari.

Nothing new about the graphic card apart I'm successfully loading ATIRadeonX2000 together with RadeonHD and ATISupport kexts

NO transparent toolbar, NO ripples in dashboard, NO jpg in preview and so on
no traces of QE or CI...

but at least I'm now on 10.6.6 :)

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Hi guys!!

I've little news! After see the topic about how to do work Mobility 5650 I've tried it with my mobility 4570. I don't have QE/CI however I don't have the famous Black/Corrupted Screen.

I've installed a Retail 10.6 Vainilla and after i've upgraded to 10.6.6 in safe mode.

Before I've used Kabyl's boot and used ATIconfig=Nomascus and GraphicsEnabler=no*.

Now seem that boots in VESA mode (1024x768 resolution) but ATIRadeonX2000 and ATISupport are loaded without using RadeonHD.

Maybe we can try others framebuffers and found one that works.

EDIT:

*sorry, when use GraphicsEnabler=yes chameleon says that a ATI card was detected an froze. Maybe it's a problem reading the bios.

br492

br492

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
As I have predicted new MacBooks have amd graphics so all of you with radeon laptops be ready for something good from 10.6.7

tommac_osx86

tommac_osx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Yes! Can't wait for that.

It really would be a dream to get my graphic card supported (ATI Radeon 4330 HD Mobility) with my Lenovo IdeaPad U450P - M23L6GE.

Plz let me know!

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

As I have predicted new MacBooks have amd graphics so all of you with radeon laptops be ready for something good from 10.6.7

Maybe in 10.7 Lion. I've tried 10.6.7 beta kext and is the same as ever. Whit 10.7 developer preview kexts is a little bit different. I've a corrupted screen but no the grey one. That time is whit colors and you can "see" the windows and the cursor. If I connect a external monitor it didn't recognize any monitor (VGA & HDMI tested)

Maybe with kabyl's boot we can try another framebuffers and we discover anything but I've an error when I use it :(.

Here you can se our new corruption screen :wacko:
Attached File  IMG105.jpg   108.69KB   82 downloads

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 @ Acer Aspire 5738ZG

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Whit 10.7 developer preview kexts is a little bit different. I've a corrupted screen but no the grey one.

hjs89, can you post or send me the kext you are using.

I have tried the 10.7 framebuffer paired with 10.6.6 ATI4600Controller and ATISupport and still have nothing. But I only have the 10.7 kext posted in the 5xxx thread.

I have a dsdt to attach nomascus to the mobility radeon 4330 -- a mod of the pci-e hack -- and therefore different from kabyl's loader -- and I would be glad to see if I can do better with it.

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Here you have all the kext, ATI 10.7 Lion Developer Preview. In Lion's kext there aren't plugin files and there isn't ATI4500Controller.kext (I only found it on 10.6.2 Combo Update) but there are one for 4600.

How did you mod your DSDT to load another framebuffer?

About framebuffers. I read some information in the chinese forum. The framebuffers have animal's name and the Sharks are more friendly for 3000 series, Birds for 4000 series and Monkeys for 5000 series. So I think that we've to start testing Birds.

{NULL, 0},
SHARK {"Alopias", 2},
MONKEY {"Alouatta", 4},
MONKEY {"Baboon", 3},
BIRD {"Cardinal", 2},
TURTOISE {"Caretta", 1},
MONKEY {"Colobus", 2},
MONKEY {"Douc", 2},
MOONKEY {"Eulemur", 3},
BIRD {"Flicker", 3},
MONKEY {"Galago", 2},
M?? B?? {"Gliff", 3},
BIRD {"Iago", 2},
BIRD {"Kakapo", 3},

MONKEY {"Kipunji", 4},
SHARK {"Lamna", 2},
MONKEY {"Langur", 3},
SHARK {"Megalodon", 3},
BIRD {"Motmot", 2},
MONKEY {"Nomascus", 5}, óóóó 5650m ?????
MONKEY {"Orangutan", 2},
BIRD {"Peregrine", 2},
BIRD {"Quail", 3},
BIRD {"Raven", 3},
BIRD {"Shrike", 3},

SHARK {"Sphyrna", 1},
SHARK {"Triakis", 2},
MONKEY {"Uakari", 4}, óóóó 5770Vapor-X,5870,5970?????
MONKEY {"Vervet", 4}, óóóó 5770??????
M?? {"Zonalis", 6}

The number after the name means the number of outputs of your graphic card. In my laptop is 3: Diplay + VGA + HDMI.

EDIT at 16:30

Some cool news guys!!!

I've add to ATI4600Controller.kext my ID and now my laptop screen has color corrupted but Native Resolution!!! My HDMI is working pretty well!!! The colors are correct in HDMI screen. But I don't QE/CI for the moment :)

Now the ATI4600Controller and ATIFramebuffer are loaded, I think that changing the Fb we can improve it.

We're closer than ever to do work or Mobility Cards :P!!

Fiber

Fiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Same as we had already then.. still no QE/CI..
Ah well.. too bad

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Same as we had already then.. still no QE/CI..
Ah well.. too bad

There is a difference. Before now we were using VESA and Dong's framebuffer. Now we are starting to use ATI's framebuffer.

Fiber

Fiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ahh yeah that's true..
I'm curious if this can be solved (and if someone here has the knowledge to do it)..
I have a 4330 in my Probook 4710s, but it's an EFI laptop, would that be a problem (if it can be fixed)?

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

How did you mod your DSDT to load another framebuffer?

Its easy actually

Download DSDTSE, you can use it to read your bios and mod as necessary.

There is an example for DSDT hack for desktop ATI cards to add framebuffer -- I use it on my new desktop.

Now if you compare the example hacks for NVIDIA, you will see you mod DSDT to inject at a different place for laptops as desktops. I changed the ATI desktop hack in identical way for my mobility HD4330, using nomascus as thats what the Chinese used. If it works with your kexts I will post the code.

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Its easy actually

Download DSDTSE, you can use it to read your bios and mod as necessary.

There is an example for DSDT hack for desktop ATI cards to add framebuffer -- I use it on my new desktop.

Now if you compare the example hacks for NVIDIA, you will see you mod DSDT to inject at a different place for laptops as desktops. I changed the ATI desktop hack in identical way for my mobility HD4330, using nomascus as thats what the Chinese used. If it works with your kexts I will post the code.

I tried to do it like you say but when I try to compile I've a lot of errors. The code before the hack it's not se same in my DSDT than in the example.

Can you share any exaple of the difference between desktop and laptop?

The FB that I was loading by default was Peregrine (Bird, 2 outputs)

Well, I added my dev id to the 10.7 ATI4600Controller.kext and it does not load for me.

bash-3.2# kextutil -v ./ATI4600Controller.kext/
Can't read info dictionary for ./ATI4600Controller.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 1.

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes? It worked to me with Chameleon RC4, RC5, Pc Efi 10.6. Not Kabyl's or Mohamed's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy