| |   |   | | |   "av-signal-type" = 0
	| |   |   | | |   "AAPL,iokit-ndrv" = <8002c25e>
	| |   |   | | |   "AAPL,gray-value" = <c38c6400>
	| |   |   | | |   "display-connect-flags" = <00000000>
	| |   |   | | |   "name" = "ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer"
	| |   |   | | |   "port-number" = 1

with this info what is

ATY,ControlFlags in hex for personality

I've this values when I don't have any display connected in a port. For example now I don't have connected the HDMI cable and I've these values for that port.

who know the null personality of lion or 10.6.7 MBP 2011 when we dont use any framebuffer ?

This is a good question. When I try to inject a personality that is not in ATI4600Controller it is named ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer.

About 10.6.7. I haven't updated yet. What happens? Is there 2 packs of ATI kext? Standard and MBP 2011 that are like Lion's?

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

This is a good question. When I try to inject a personality that is not in ATI4600Controller it is named ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer.

I got the same thing when I tried to inject Shrike and that is in ATI4600Controller. Have you successfully injected here?

About 10.6.7. I haven't updated yet. What happens? Is there 2 packs of ATI kext? Standard and MBP 2011 that are like Lion's?

There are 2 separate updates posted on Apple. Standard is like 10.6.6. Have not downloaded MBP, but doubt it would revert.

mojtabazarei

mojtabazarei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I've this values when I don't have any display connected in a port. For example now I don't have connected the HDMI cable and I've these values for that port.

for 5000 series we have 4 kexts AtIx3000 ,ati support .ati framebuffer ,ati 5000 controller

i installed ati support .ati framebuffer ,ati 5000 controller from lion (lion and 10.6.7 2011 MBP are same as each other)

i plugged My LG T710PU to vga connector

see two pics
Attached File  1.tiff   125.96KB   17 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   56.7KB   50 downloads

it recognized the monitor fully dont have HDMI monitor or tv to test

but LVDS doesnt recognized as you see in pic

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

for 5000 series we have 4 kexts AtIx3000 ,ati support .ati framebuffer ,ati 5000 controller
but LVDS doesnt recognized as you see in pic

Looks like you have Hoolock, Langur, Oramgutan and Zonalis to patch inside ATI5000Controller

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

kizwan, you said you connected without changing your video device to GFX0, but again, you are using GraphicsEnabler I think? Or do you have a working DSDT patch to share?

Of course, GraphicsEnabler is necessary to activate the graphic card. Both GraphicsEnabler & DSDT patch (ATI injection) are the same thing. GraphicsEnabler inject ATI property from bootloader. ATI injection in DSDT also the same thing except it inject ATI property from DSDT.

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Of course, GraphicsEnabler is necessary to activate the graphic card. Both GraphicsEnabler & DSDT patch (ATI injection) are the same thing. GraphicsEnabler inject ATI property from bootloader. ATI injection in DSDT also the same thing except it inject ATI property from DSDT.

Kizwan, they would be the same thing if the people who wrote Graphics Enabler had mobility Radeons to test the code on when they wrote it. They didn't. Nobody cracked mobility before.

And while the injection of Graphics Enabler works for some people, like you, it is entirely possible that for some people, like me, it is not working correctly. It was written for desktop cards. And if you examine published DSDT hacks for injection -- for Nvidia and Intel -- you will see the code is different for laptops than desktops.

Its actually rather remarkable that it works at all, because it was written for desktops.

Netkas on his site has said Mobility is not supported.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Kizwan, they would be the same thing if the people who wrote Graphics Enabler had mobility Radeons to test the code on when they wrote it. They didn't. Nobody cracked mobility before.

And while the injection of Graphics Enabler works for some people, like you, it is entirely possible that for some people, like me, it is not working correctly. It was written for desktop cards. And if you examine published DSDT hacks for injection -- for Nvidia and Intel -- you will see the code is different for laptops than desktops.

Its actually rather remarkable that it works at all, because it was written for desktops.

Netkas on his site has said Mobility is not supported.

LOL. You obviously missing the point here. What I'm saying is what do you want to inject in DSDT actually has been done beautifully by GraphicsEnabler. If you want to inject different property for notebook, if there's any, you at least need a reference. Do you have latest macbook pro's IORegistry dump?

May I know based on what facts GraphicsEnabler was written for desktops computer only?

Netkas said like that because, just like you said, nobody was able to cracked ati radeon mobility before, hence the not supported comment.

crazybirdy's graphic section is PEGP and does not appear to be modified. There is no reference to any FB. He is using a recompiled chameleon - I think from kabyl's branch. I've actually tried his bootloader with same result.

I was suggesting you to compare your VID with crazybirdy's PEGP. Since both of you have the same card, you can copy his & test on yours. I didn't said to test his bootloader.

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

LOL. You obviously missing the point here. What I'm saying is what do you want to inject in DSDT actually has been done beautifully by GraphicsEnabler.

Actually Kizwan, you are missing the point here. GraphicsEnabler does not work correctly for me. For instance, it injects my LVDS screen @0, when physically it is @1.

Further, GraphicsEnabler won't inject a desired FB for Lion kext -- Lion ignores what you inject. And Lion correctly detects my LVDS @1, although unfortunately I have not figured out how to inject a FB for Lion kexts. As evidence of this I am posting my latest ioreg using Lion kexts so you can see it.

We need a better injector. We have 3 choices. We can pray the Chameleon people somehow come to our rescue and make GraphicsEnabler work. I am not the patient wait for salvation type. Or we can try to fix it ourselves, working on a DSDT patch, which I have proposed but no one else seems interested in. Or we can try Netkas' new ATY_INIT, which I have just downloaded and will look at to try. But unless the code is posted somewhere -- I have not seen this -- then it is unlikely we can modify the Framebuffer. [EDIT -- no references to any Mobility in ATY_INIT]

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Further, GraphicsEnabler won't inject a desired FB for Lion kext -- Lion ignores what you inject. And Lion correctly detects my LVDS @1, although unfortunately I have not figured out how to inject a FB for Lion kexts. As evidence of this I am posting my latest ioreg using Lion kexts so you can see it.

Lion's fb didn't ignore the inject. I've tested to mod the personalities of ATI4600Controller and in ioreg the FB was named ATY,Shrike. My LVDS was detectes but without signal and HDMI wasn't detected.

I hope that when Lion arrives officially and the people start to work with it we'll see new improvements.

wmarsh

wmarsh

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Lion's fb didn't ignore the inject. I've tested to mod the personalities of ATI4600Controller and in ioreg the FB was named ATY,Shrike. My LVDS was detectes but without signal and HDMI wasn't detected.

I hope that when Lion arrives officially and the people start to work with it we'll see new improvements.

Maybe its a hardware difference. But when I recompile Chameleon trunk, and use GraphicsEnabler, only changing the FB to be injected with 95521002 to "Shrike" from "Peregrine", my ioreg (posted above) still reads ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer and in the details you see Peregrine. It does add aty_config settings I tried to add under Shrike to the info.plist inside ATI4600Controller. And it cannot be something hardcoded to the GPU chip as you and I have the same GPU chip -- RV710.

And I do get signal on my LVDS, and the system is quite usable. The colors are weird, and the screen is blurry. But I can change resolutions, etc.
Maybe it connects because I modified the ConnectorInfo in ATI4600Controller -- I did not try otherwise.

mojtabazarei

mojtabazarei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

so what about this what are useful info from this part

ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000346, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (13 ms), retain 7>
	| |   |   | | | {
	| |   |   | | |   "display-type" = "CRT"
	| |   |   | | |   "compatible" = <"ATY,Megalodon">
	| |   |   | | |   "connector-type" = 16
	| |   |   | | |   "ATY,ActiveFlags" = 16
	| |   |   | | |   "IOFBDependentIndex" = 1
	| |   |   | | |   "IOFBDependentID" = 117486592
	| |   |   | | |   "device_type" = "display"
	| |   |   | | |   "VRAM,memsize" = <0000000000000010>
	| |   |   | | |   "AAPL,gray-page" = <01000000>
	| |   |   | | |   "ATY,ControlFlags" = 16
	| |   |   | | |   "av-signal-type" = 1
	| |   |   | | |   "port-number" = 2

and what is Megalodon personality in 10.6.7 MBP 2011 or lion i cant find it in the forum !!!!

hjs89

hjs89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

so what about this what are useful info from this part

ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000346, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (13 ms), retain 7>
	| |   |   | | | {
	| |   |   | | |   "display-type" = "CRT"
	| |   |   | | |   "compatible" = <"ATY,Megalodon">
	| |   |   | | |   "connector-type" = 16
	| |   |   | | |   "ATY,ActiveFlags" = 16
	| |   |   | | |   "IOFBDependentIndex" = 1
	| |   |   | | |   "IOFBDependentID" = 117486592
	| |   |   | | |   "device_type" = "display"
	| |   |   | | |   "VRAM,memsize" = <0000000000000010>
	| |   |   | | |   "AAPL,gray-page" = <01000000>
	| |   |   | | |   "ATY,ControlFlags" = 16
	| |   |   | | |   "av-signal-type" = 1
	| |   |   | | |   "port-number" = 2

and what is Megalodon personality in 10.6.7 MBP 2011 or lion i cant find it in the forum !!!!

What is supposed to be this? lvds, vga, hdmi? It's yours or from a mbp?

mojtabazarei

mojtabazarei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

What is supposed to be this? lvds, vga, hdmi? It's yours or from a mbp?

Hi wow i found it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yes

installed ati support .ati framebuffer ,ati 5000 controller from lion (same as 2011 MBP) and used kabyl boot loader with Megalodon FB

now it recognize LG T710pu fully as you see in ioreg not tested HDMI dont have HDMI TV or monitor but LVDS doesn't work

now i need help need the personality Megalodon can you help please i think with editing that i can get LVDS working fully

@ atlee & checco

please test this with your 5650 5730 and 5650 are similar

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

please test this with your 5650 5730 and 5650 are similar

It's not Megalodon!, Try booting with ATIConfig=RadeonFramebuffer, this will work too, Or ATIConfig=Kipunji, this will also work, But it will always use ATY,RadeonFramebuffer.

mojtabazarei

mojtabazarei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

It's not Megalodon!, Try booting with ATIConfig=RadeonFramebuffer, this will work too, Or ATIConfig=Kipunji, this will also work, But it will always use ATY,RadeonFramebuffer.

so what should we do ? you mean that we dont have Megalodon !!!!!!

on that ioreg info i didn't use any FB i used chameleon r747 and just set Graphic Enabler=yes in plist

but today i saw the megalodon in ioreg and tried to use this FB with kabyl and it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

so what should we do ? you mean that we dont have Megalodon !!!!!!

on that ioreg info i didn't use any FB i used chameleon r747 and just set Graphic Enabler=yes in plist

but today i saw the megalodon in ioreg and tried to use this FB with kabyl and it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are doing GraphicsEnabler=Yes whatever Chameleon version you are using, Has Megalodon built into the code.

I will be creating a DSDT injection, The new ATY,RadeonFramebuffer I get VGA QE/CI but no LVDS, Haven't tested HDMI.
This is a auto framebuffer so figuring out how we would manually change the config is a hard one at this stage unless someone else figures it out, You can still try and change Uakari or Vervet etc but maybe this new FB which auto handles the cards is better? not sure yet.

mojtabazarei

mojtabazarei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

If you are doing GraphicsEnabler=Yes whatever Chameleon version you are using, Has Megalodon built into the code.

I will be creating a DSDT injection, The new ATY,RadeonFramebuffer I get VGA QE/CI but no LVDS, Haven't tested HDMI.
This is a auto framebuffer so figuring out how we would manually change the config is a hard one at this stage unless someone else figures it out, You can still try and change Uakari or Vervet etc but maybe this new FB which auto handles the cards is better? not sure yet.

all of the day i was testing on your uakari nothing what about you?

DonKurdi

DonKurdi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
MY SYSTEM IS LEOHAZARD 10.6.6i

(I TRIED IATKOS 10.6.3 THEN UPDATED TO 10.6.6 IT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK)

N.B: reference to kizwan thread about Dell 1557 and this thread of ATI mobility

1. download this ATI kexts from lion (http://www.mediafire...p7kgtuv3eys60ur)
after download it put your id to ati4600controller.kext

don't copy atix2000.kext i kept the original one.

after repair permission reboot then you'll get wrong colors but everything will work(qe/ci and resolution).

2. download this boot(http://prasys.info/2...-10-6-3-is-out/) choose the one with ati

you'll get boot and legacy boot after unzip.

burn legacy boot to cd and then boot from it.

you'll get the screen half working and half not, try to change the resolution to 1280*768 72HZ

3.download switchRex and add custom resolution (1366*768, pixel clock 75)
save it and reboot from legacy boot CD

finally everything working fine with all resolutions

and here's the screen shots:
http://www.mediafire...9xl4cm2d418nzt9

c0ke

c0ke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:multimedia interaction design.

MY SYSTEM IS LEOHAZARD 10.6.6i

(I TRIED IATKOS 10.6.3 THEN UPDATED TO 10.6.6 IT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK)

N.B: reference to kizwan thread about Dell 1557 and this thread of ATI mobility

1. download this ATI kexts from lion (http://www.mediafire...p7kgtuv3eys60ur)
after download it put your id to ati4600controller.kext

don't copy atix2000.kext i kept the original one.

after repair permission reboot then you'll get wrong colors but everything will work(qe/ci and resolution).

2. download this boot(http://prasys.info/2...-10-6-3-is-out/) choose the one with ati

you'll get boot and legacy boot after unzip.

burn legacy boot to cd and then boot from it.

you'll get the screen half working and half not, try to change the resolution to 1280*768 72HZ

3.download switchRex and add custom resolution (1366*768, pixel clock 75)
save it and reboot from legacy boot CD

finally everything working fine with all resolutions

and here's the screen shots:
http://www.mediafire...9xl4cm2d418nzt9

Hi, tried to boot with this method, got nice resolution on both lvds and vga, but no QE/CI. I think that I was running the system with radeonHD kext instead of atiframebuffer. Usb ports not working, and only one processor was detected ;)

@kizwan: The strange thing is that I've got 1440x900 resolution also on my internal lvds, I never had bigger resolutions than 1366x768...

DonKurdi

DonKurdi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi, tried to boot with this method, got nice resolution on both lvds and vga, but no QE/CI. I think that I was running the system with radeonHD kext instead of atiframebuffer. Usb ports not working, and only one processor was detected :(

@kizwan: The strange thing is that I've got 1440x900 resolution also on my internal lvds, I never had bigger resolutions than 1366x768...

be sure that you downloaded the lion's kexts and put your id in ati4600controller and copy all kexts except atiX2000 keep the original one

before you boot from the cd, try to boot normally and make sure that everything working BUT with wrong colors
then boot from cd

N.B i tried this method on iAtkos 10.6.3 then i updated it to 10.6.6 and applied the above method but i just got the resolution fixed

so try it on Leohazard 10.6.6i

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy