Which Wireless PCI Adapter Works

kuau

58 posts in this topic

i use " Edimax EW-7318USg " with regular intel PC

good working, usb wifi card based on RT73

just plug-in , install drivers and you ..go..

take drivers from WWW for OSX , not from CD.

this card works Ok , for OSX86 , Linux [ubuntu710-810 ,suse etc] , vista , Xp very universal card

I did not tested under Sun-10 yet.

Under OSX [ideneb-1055-1056] don't install default patch-rt73-2500, but only driver from WWW-edimax

http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.ph...1&pl2_id=44

=====================post-340522-1237323669_thumb.jpg

well then wat do u think could be the problem? i need help its {censored} pissing me off :)

I think you probably have a faulty card. Do you by chance have a windows install you can try the card with? I would RMA the card and get a replacement. I have a feeling quite a few % of these cards are not working for everyone, maybe it's a quality control issue...

answare for [djxcrx88]

half year ago I had this card/asus/ .The card was not bad , but asus configuration software

for this card it is BIG {censored} /windows/ . Too complicated for average user. Also extra configuration is needed inside windows networking. [speed=> b/g].

Chipset is Brodcom43, what is not easy for linux too. Under Ubuntu 710 you must use many "trix" + "ndiswrapper" command.

Some people complain, that they have modular speed with this card.[read google]

And this can be the reason that you lost connections .

I have Edimax EW-7318USg , and works very well with OSX/leo/ and linux / win -too :-)

i use zydas 1211 usb wifi usb adapter (gigaset 54g by siemens) on ideneb 1.3 10.5 and ideneb 1.4 10.6..

it's ok,run very well with ideneb 1.3 and 1.4 kext

zydas 1211/1211b/1211u work with OSX 10.4x and 10.5.x system

edit

today i have used also a TP-Link WN-550G PCI (atheros ar5005 based) wireless ADAPTER and it works on ideneb 1.3 and ideneb 1.4 with ideneb dvd kext

i use zydas 1211 usb wifi usb adapter (gigaset 54g by siemes) on ideneb 1.3 10.5 and ideneb 1.4 10.6..

it's ok,run very well with ideneb 1.3 and 1.4 kext

That's great all you guys with USB adapters, but take note of the subject: "Which Wireless PCI Adapter Works" :unsure:

That's great all you guys with USB adapters, but take note of the subject: "Which Wireless PCI Adapter Works" :)

sorry,i have edited my post with another my adapter pci..as title of this thread..

but i think that someone should write a thread for usb wireless adapter as this one..

sorry,i have edited my post with another my adapter pci..as title of this thread..

but i think that someone should write a thread for usb wireless adapter as this one..

Unsuccess story....my Belkin PCI wireless N300 express card doesn't work, it uses the Ralink RT2860 drivers and was supposed to be a sure hit for iAtkos 10.5.6. However no go ...it just gives a huge kernel panic. I'm still trying to figure it out as on another laptop with Leo4all 3 on it works perfectly!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I did (And still am until I can get the belkin to wake up) use the Sitecom N300 USB adapter which goes with the Ralink RT2870 drivers ......now that really moves with amazing speed.