iSight troubles in Leopard

WaxTrax!

13 posts in this topic

I finally got Leopard installed on my 20" Intel iMac, but the built-in iSight isn't working for some reason.

At the initial setup where it asks you to either choose a picture for your account or take a snapshot, the camera came on and after about five seconds it faded to black. Now it doesn't work anymore.

Any program that tries to utilize the iSight simply displays a black screen, even though the green indicator by the webcam indicates that it is on.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Noooo!

After the shutdown and restart my iMacs built-in iSight works in Leopard but not in Tiger.

When I boot into the Tiger partition and try to use any app with the iSight I get a message telling me that the camera is in use by another application.

This kinda sux.

I also am having the same problem. iSight worked fine in Leopard, but now I am using Tiger and it says that it's in use by another application. I am going to shutdown then start back up. Glad I am a member of this site now! I will let you know what happens.

The shutdown, then fresh startup on Tiger worked fine for me too. Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have Leopard installed on a G4 1.5 gig Mac with 384 megs of RAM I am using a firewire connected iSight, when iChat launches everything looks o.k. until I test the video and all I get is a blue screen. The light on the camera lights but no video actually shows on the preview screen. Has anyone encountered and overcome this issue?