• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

edmoncu

edmoncu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
@RacerX / Rhapsody Guru / Arix: thanks for the fast replies. :)
yup, i did choose the "Primary/Secondary(Dual) EIDE/ATAPI Device Controller (v5.01)" when asked what driver to load.

@Arix: i have placed the ISO file in the Bochs installation folder "%programfiles%\bochs-2.3" and named it "rhapsody_dr2_x86.iso".

Posted Image

specs of my host pc are:
AthlonXP 2100+ / 1gb DDR400 / 320gb PATA HDD.

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts

@RacerX / Rhapsody Guru / Arix: thanks for the fast replies. :)
yup, i did choose the "Primary/Secondary(Dual) EIDE/ATAPI Device Controller (v5.01)" when asked what driver to load.

@Arix: i have placed the ISO file in the Bochs installation folder "%programfiles%\bochs-2.3" and named it "rhapsody_dr2_x86.iso".

Posted Image

specs of my host pc are:
AthlonXP 2100+ / 1gb DDR400 / 320gb PATA HDD.

AH HA! I figured out your problem. The CD-ROM image is not mounted. Just click on the CD button on your toolbar, make sure you select the ISO image, check the "Inserted" check box, then click OK. Now click the reset button. ENJOY!

Guru

edmoncu

edmoncu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
i was about to loose hope already. i did try loading other IDE drivers. good thing you've noticed that the cdrom image didn't load. whew!!! cool find, im now installing rhapsody!!! thanks a bunch!!! will post my progress... you really are a guru! thanks again.

UPDATE: i was able to install Rhapsody. Thanks again Rhapsody Guru! However, when I boot into the hard disk, I was prompted with a screen saying...

erase ^? intr ^C kill ^U
#

Posted Image

UPDATE2: i think i forgot again to mount the ISO file. FYI, Bochs doesn't remember the mounting of the CD in ISO file...

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Yes.. you are correct. Actually... that bxrc file you got should have automatically mounted the image for you at startup! Wierd.

Guru

edmoncu

edmoncu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
was able to install Rhapsody, yipee!!!
however, i was presented with a wizard, and got stuck at this screen for a long time already... is this the SBOD (spinning ball of death) already? or patience still has to be applied here...

Posted Image

UPDATE: did a re-install anyways... however this time, i did the following:
- did not use LAN, which is logical as the I didn't specify any LAN adaptors during install
- did not assign a password for both my local user account and local administrator account

did a successful re-install. Thanks again to all especially to Rhapsody Guru! :-)

Posted Image

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts

was able to install Rhapsody, yipee!!!
however, i was presented with a wizard, and got stuck at this screen for a long time already... is this the SBOD (spinning ball of death) already? or patience still has to be applied here...

Posted Image

UPDATE: did a re-install anyways... however this time, i did the following:
- did not use LAN, which is logical as the I didn't specify any LAN adaptors during install
- did not assign a password for both my local user account and local administrator account

did a successful re-install. Thanks again to all especially to Rhapsody Guru! :-)

Posted Image

Hey thank you! Btw... be sure to read this thread (http://forum.insanel...showtopic=25827). It talks about a major change to your Rhapsody.bxrc file which enables you to experience fast VGA and processing speed. Remember to read the whole thread AND Don Luca's responses (since he graciously corrected me on something). ENJOY!

Guru

AriX

AriX

InsanelyGeeky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

i was about to loose hope already. i did try loading other IDE drivers. good thing you've noticed that the cdrom image didn't load. whew!!! cool find, im now installing rhapsody!!! thanks a bunch!!! will post my progress... you really are a guru! thanks again.

Umm... lol We (RacerX and I) figured out that the image wasn't mounting before Rhapsody did... I guess we just didn't say it in a clear enough way for you.

You owe the credit to us too :D :blink: :compress: :angel: :whistle: ;) :dev: :angel: :2cents:

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Yeah ARIX... but my english is better spoken than yours. He actually understood what I said! It's not what you say by itself that counts... its also how you convey the message. :P Not to mention the fact that, without my guide, you wouldn't have said a damn thing in the first place! My guide is what should be given due credit. Sorry to bust your balls there AriX.

Guru

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

Yeah ARIX... but my english is better spoken than yours. He actually understood what I said! It's not what you say by itself that counts... its also how you convey the message. :P Not to mention the fact that, without my guide, you wouldn't have said a damn thing in the first place! My guide is what should be given due credit. Sorry to bust your balls there AriX.

Guru

ROFL, and Matt's vicious... the arch-nemisis thing anyone? lol

max

edmoncu

edmoncu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
@AriX / RacerX : oops! my apologies. i didn't really realized that the ISO wasn't mounted until Rhapsody Guru pointed it out that I need to remount the ISO from Bochs. :) i re-read the thread and yup, it was pointed that a problem leading to not being able to mount the ISO is the cause :D thank you also. i hope, there's no hard feelings :)

@Rhapsody Guru: thank you again :)

RacerX

RacerX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

@AriX / RacerX : oops! my apologies. i didn't really realized that the ISO wasn't mounted until Rhapsody Guru pointed it out that I need to remount the ISO from Bochs. :tomato: i re-read the thread and yup, it was pointed that a problem leading to not being able to mount the ISO is the cause :blink: thank you also. i hope, there's no hard feelings :D

There are none on my part.

As I have zero experience with Bochs, I'm pretty much in the dark with how things are supposed to be set up... Rhapsody Guru seems like the best source for that info. I can only guess based on what the installer is kicking back, but as most of my experience is with actual hardware the best I can do is guess with Bochs.

AriX

AriX

InsanelyGeeky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Yeah ARIX... but my english is better spoken than yours. He actually understood what I said! It's not what you say by itself that counts... its also how you convey the message. :) Not to mention the fact that, without my guide, you wouldn't have said a damn thing in the first place! My guide is what should be given due credit. Sorry to bust your balls there AriX.

Guru

lol i was joking, this isn't a courtroom or something

truce? :D :D :dance_24: :D :angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy