DSDT Help

Apacalypse

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not stating the situation properly. I am have snow leopard installed and it sees both graphics cards but I can't get QE/CI, I have tried Graphicsenable=y and changed the resolution so that matches so thats works. However that is the fur as I can go. I understand that I may have to do some DSDT edits to get my graphics cards to working or am I missing something. Is there something else i can try? I have just heard that DSDT edits are the best way to get things working. The name of my motherboard is Dell D881F.

He has a Dell Precision T7500 with 36GB RAM, dual Nehalem Xeon CPUs and nvidia Quadro 4800.

Chipset is Intel X5520 with ICH10 Southbridge.

Scary.

Jesus

:)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not stating the situation properly. I am have snow leopard installed and it sees both graphics cards but I can't get QE/CI, I have tried Graphicsenable=y and changed the resolution so that matches so thats works. However that is the fur as I can go. I understand that I may have to do some DSDT edits to get my graphics cards to working or am I missing something. Is there something else i can try? I have just heard that DSDT edits are the best way to get things working. The name of my motherboard is Dell D881F.

send me

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

Hey MaLd0n,

I really appriciated that, :P thank you so much, you are the Best. I just have a few more question..I have created a boot plist previously that i have been using. That has got me thus far along with the legacy kernel, without it i couldn't boot. Should I use a stock Plist? I've put it in the extra folder along with the DSDT and it booted great from the current instalation that i am using. I know noticed my Dvd drives now work that is great. Now am i suppose to do something else to get the QE/CI? I updated to to 10.6.5 and got a kernel panic. I then updated to 10.6.6, I didn't get the kernel panic but it still didn't boot. I just get that circle with the X. I have never gotted this far with a DSDT so I am a little stumped I though i could just put is is the extra folder and I am good. Am I missing something? I reinstalled with just a vanilla approach and now it says a something about a kernel panic "steal memory or something" or something like that. I hate to bombard you with questions like that but I an not really sure of what to do now.

Hey MaLd0n,

I really appriciated that, :) thank you so much, you are the Best. I just have a few more question..I have created a boot plist previously that i have been using. That has got me thus far along with the legacy kernel, without it i couldn't boot. Should I use a stock Plist? I've put it in the extra folder along with the DSDT and it booted great from the current instalation that i am using. I know noticed my Dvd drives now work that is great. Now am i suppose to do something else to get the QE/CI? I updated to to 10.6.5 and got a kernel panic. I then updated to 10.6.6, I didn't get the kernel panic but it still didn't boot. I just get that circle with the X. I have never gotted this far with a DSDT so I am a little stumped I though i could just put is is the extra folder and I am good. Am I missing something? I reinstalled with just a vanilla approach and now it says a something about a kernel panic "steal memory or something" or something like that. I hate to bombard you with questions like that but I an not really sure of what to do now.

you do not need kernel legacy

10.6.4 or higher

you need 64 bit(36GB RAM OMG :P )

dont use kernel legacy

use -v

post a photo(KP / after update)

What's your GPU?

Ok so no legacy kernel that is good it never work for 10.6.6 thats why I was on 10.6.3. So -v, what about my boot Plist I put busratio=22 pciRoot=4 -force64 and Graphicsenable=y, all in the boot Plist previously to boot along with deleting all NV Kexts. I no longer need any of those? I have 2 nvidia Quadro FX 4800. I will update to 10.6.6 now and try a purely vanilla approach. I will post results. Thanks.

10.6.6?

post a photo

yeah I am on 10.6.6 I am going to try to use the legacy kernel from 10.6.4, I never got 10.6.6 to work.

OK so the legacy kernel 10.6.4 works but a black screen is all I get. In the past what I did was delete the all the Nv kexts, but i need those right?

post-646377-1297222716_thumb.jpg

post-646377-1297222888_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Can I be extremely cheeky and ask for a 10.6.3 P5b Deluxe Installation DSDT? I have the same issue about using multiple gfx cards.

I tried to get my head around DSDT but I wasnt successful and gave up after trying for about 2 weeks.

If you do help, can I ask you kindly to direct me in the manner to which I use install a DSDT and make sure it communicates with my board properly.

Many thanks in advance fellas.