[Poll] Leopard Forum?

Swad

Leopard Forum  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Leopard forum?

• Yes!
    • Nah.

13 posts in this topic

Since we're all going to need a place to talk about Leopard, I'm thinking we should set up a Leopard forum under OS X dedicated to it's discussion. This will make things more clear during the beta period, but also once it's released (so that everyone will be clear which OS you're asking about, etc).

It's a lot like having a Vista and XP forum in my mind. What do you think?

It's a lot like having a Vista and XP forum in my mind. What do you think?

I think it is a lot different, because the entire forum should be transition to Leopard over the next year. Then, of course, you will need a Tiger forum.

I do not see anyway to avoid mixing the two at some point.

I think it is a lot different, because the entire forum should be transition to Leopard over the next year. Then, of course, you will need a Tiger forum.

I do not see anyway to avoid mixing the two at some point.

I agree with Bofors. As Leopard is just the next stage in OSX development you cannot have it separated from Tiger etc...

I think most of our people will be moved over to Leopard next year, but that'll take at least 12 months or more, depending on release. And I agree about the Tiger forum - that's why I'm thinking we should do this sooner rather than later.

I agree with Bofors. As Leopard is just the next stage in OSX development you cannot have it separated from Tiger etc...

While I agree with that, it would make things a lot less clear to have 10.0 and 10.5 being discussed in the same section of the forum, due to a lot of missing/new features.

I think is pretty important to start talking about Leopard, what needs to be patched in order to run on non Apple hardware and such. I noticed on the APPLE.MAC.OSX.LEOPARD.V10.5.WWDC.PREVIEW-OSX build 9A241 thread several people asking questions such as: Can I install this on my Hackintosh?

We all know is not possible, but we definetely need the great minds on this forum to start giving feedback on those kind of questions, which I guess they might already be working on... So, yes, we DO need a Leopard Forum, we could leave this one as it... (Just a suggestion).