nVidia GeForce 9100m G problems

SubliemeSiem

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got problems getting the video card of my notebook to work. I've got a nVidia GeForce 9100m G and a nVidia GeForce 9600m GS using hybrid SLI. Right now I'm only trying to get my GeForce 9100m G to work, since that's the card my ubuntu installation recognizes too. Google hasn't given me any solutions so I've really hit a dead end. I hope someone has that one great idea that will help me. Here's what I've tried so far with the results:

-Most injectors: won't even boot

-nvinject64: hangs at apple loading screen (the apple and the turning thingy) but OS X does

load in the background, there's just no screen.

-EFI strings: It does seem to recognize my video card, since it displays in 1680x945, but I can't

get QE to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.6, but I can use older versions too, as long as I can read the details in the ioreg so I can create a dsdt.

Thanks in advance!

If anyone needs more information about my setup, please ask. Although I'm not using many kexts at the moment. Just AppleACPIPS2Nub, FakeSMC, EvOreboot, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, VoodooBattery, VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2Controller. I don't seem to need any kexts for the RTC. All other kexts are the original snow leopard files (10.6.6)

I'm also using EFI strings right now for the better resolution. However, OS X just doesn't seem worth it without QE.. :)

By the way, I promise to add my configuration to the HCL as soon as I get it working.

EDIT: Also, according to /var/log/kernel.log, nvdanv50hal is loaded and registered.