Broadcom BCM5752 [14e4:1600]

mcorrea

47 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

Hello There,.

Thanks for the suggestions mentioned before

my broadcom is recognized straigth away but i get the VRAM message on boot of osx86

I'm using osx86 10.4.9 (v1.4 from uphuck)

i own a HP NC6120 with the Broadcom NetXtreme

my card id is 14e4 dev 165e

i 've tried to change the bcm5701 kext file but i can't find the second part in lines 37550 (and 37554 and 37555)

In my file it begins with FF not with 75

...anyway

when i change the kext with hex edit except for the lines 37550 changes it doesnt work.

It still comes with the vram message and it's not recognized by osx86

any help would be very nice.

especially when you also own a HP NC6120 or NC6320

• 1 month later...
In this approach I used the "ual808" post in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4987&hl=hex

Using 10.4.5 (Broadcom BCM5752) dev id: 1600 Vendor Id:14e4

scroll down to line 37550 and change.....

change address 37554, 37555 of "75 71" to "EB 71"

regards

Marcelo Correa

What determins the 75 71 change to EB 71?

What if the dev id: 1693 Vendor Id:14e4

What would be the hex changes for 37550 or is it same for all the devices....

If you can lead me then may be I can build one for BC5787

THX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In this approach I used the "ual808" post in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4987&hl=hex

Using 10.4.5 (Broadcom BCM5752) dev id: 1600 Vendor Id:14e4

save the file /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext in the desktop

(in the desktop copy) right click and "show contents"

find the Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

right click and "show contents"

you going to find a file named AppleBCM5701Ethernet (you are going to use the hexeditor on it) drop it in the desktop!!

you could download an hex editor in

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10658

or

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/deve...tools/0xed.html

in the hexeditor go to Find "66 81 FA 59 16" and replace all matches with "66 81 FA 00 16"

ps. my deviceId is 16 00, took time to understand the changing :(

scroll down to line 37550 and change.....

change address 37554, 37555 of "75 71" to "EB 71"

save and close the file....

than inside the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext you going to find the file named "Info.plist" open it and replace the entry <string>pci14E4,1659</string> with <string>pci14E4,1600</string> and save the file.

Put back the AppleBCM5701Ethernet inside the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext (same place).

drop the modified IONetworkingFamily.kext in the original location (should need root password)

then run the commands

sudo -s

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

ln -s IONetworkingFamily.kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

then you will reboot.....

once booted, you need to setup the network

# setup the mac address (see it in windows "ïpconfig /all")

sudo ifconfig en0 ether 00:13:72:18:XX:YY

# start options

sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP

by now you should ping your default gateway....

And that's all folks :D

regards

Marcelo Correa

I got the same story as everyone else with my D620 Centrino/Broadcom 5752:

network works fine for a few seconds then locks up with shutdown dialog. . .

ifconfig reveals my MAC but Network Prefs only got 00's. . .

I even tried adding my MAC address to the Ethernet5751 file directly for an instant lock up. . .

my solution:

boot up with a USB stick and surf from within Linux. . .

• 4 weeks later...

I've Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 Leopard. The method work, but I also get a Kernel panic once I start surfing. I have the exact 5752 NIC as the OP.

For the people who don't have the correct hexs in AppleBCM file, I took that one from another 57xx tutorial:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=1746

But, I'd like to hear a solution for the crash problem :unsure:

I'm running Leopard and i couldn't find "66 81 FA 59 16". Maybe the value has changed. Anyone has an idea?
Search for 66 81 F9 59 16 instead, it worked for me.
i have a 5787 too, edited the kext and it load and start, but my network is down, trying to set the mac addr with ifconfig it says "Network is down" and does nothing... hints??
I have this issue as well, my Ethernet card is active in my system prefs too, but showing my MA with only zeros in advanced panel . anyone know how to overide this?
Can somebody upload the finished kext for me?
This is my Leopard Version Hex edit of the AppleBCM5701Ethernet file and info.plist. But if you don't have a BCM5752, you will need to edit them anyway with the hex tool as well the plist file.

You can download, modify it if you want too, if you can make your ethernet work great then.

I can't make it work without surfing 2 second on the web without crashing.

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to use linux BCM5752 driver to develop for 10.5.2 ?

BCM5752 linux driver

As I have read it is very complicated but possible, it's a bummer that I know squat about programming, because the driver you are pointing to includes the Linux Sources and whilst porting that code to BSD would be illegal, so is to try to install OSX on a Dell :)

Help from programmers would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Now that I have seen the possibilites with VMWare Fussion I want to make a full switch to MAC. ;)

As I have read it is very complicated but possible, it's a bummer that I know squat about programming, because the driver you are pointing to includes the Linux Sources and whilst porting that code to BSD would be illegal, so is to try to install OSX on a Dell :)

There would be nothing illegal at all about porting a Linux driver to BSD. There would be questions of licensing, but nothing illegal beyond standard copyright law considerations.

Installing OSX on a Dell isn't illegal, either. It might violate Apple's license, if the license is binding. Just because they put restrictions on you in their license doesn't mean you are legally bound to those restrictions. They can't spring a non-negotiated contract (EULA) on you AFTER you have paid your money.

Downloading an unauthorized copy of OSX is something completely different. That would be a direct violation of the owner's copyright, and illegal. But if you buy a legit copy of OSX you can do whatever you want with it, whether that's installing it on a Mac, using it as a Frisbee, popping it in your toaster, or installing it on a Dell. All completely legal.

Any updates regarding this card BCM5752 (dev ID 14e4:1600)? I've searched everywhere and found nothing that is fully working. Mine is a HP 7600 SFF and network is the only pending with Leo4all V3 :P

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...