HP NC6400

pdiddles03

2 posts in this topic

So,after much time, and searching, i got my hp nc6400 almost working the way I want.

I used IPC 10.5.6 on my laptop.

I have 3 gigz of ram

intel core 2 duo t5600 cpu 1.83 ghz each core.

ati mobility radeon x1300 graphics card.

To get my graphics card full resolution which is 1440x900, I downloaded a kext by googling it, it was called RadeonHD.kext. Once downloaded, I installed it and after reboot, I got full resolution. Downside to this is if i close lid and reopen, the screen is all wonked.

to use my core 2 duo, I downloaded voodootscsync.kext and installed it in s/l/e using the kext helper. After reboot, I then typed into chameleon " platform=X86PC cpus=2 -v" and waiting for it to load, and voila! dual core working!

for audio, all you use is the azalia audio kext.

then also of course , for laptop keyboard and trackpad I used voodoops2.kext

This is pretty much it, I have booted this laptop with all these settings at least 10 times and hasn't froze or given me a kernel panic. :(

Any questions either reply or PM me

• 4 months later...
So,after much time, and searching, i got my hp nc6400 almost working the way I want.

I used IPC 10.5.6 on my laptop.

I have 3 gigz of ram

intel core 2 duo t5600 cpu 1.83 ghz each core.

ati mobility radeon x1300 graphics card.

To get my graphics card full resolution which is 1440x900, I downloaded a kext by googling it, it was called RadeonHD.kext. Once downloaded, I installed it and after reboot, I got full resolution. Downside to this is if i close lid and reopen, the screen is all wonked.

to use my core 2 duo, I downloaded voodootscsync.kext and installed it in s/l/e using the kext helper. After reboot, I then typed into chameleon " platform=X86PC cpus=2 -v" and waiting for it to load, and voila! dual core working!

for audio, all you use is the azalia audio kext.

then also of course , for laptop keyboard and trackpad I used voodoops2.kext

This is pretty much it, I have booted this laptop with all these settings at least 10 times and hasn't froze or given me a kernel panic. :)

Any questions either reply or PM me

What about Sleep /PowerManager issues? Does it sleep/wake OK? Battery monitor / Energy saver settings work OK? Fans / speedstep etc.

I need to build a new hackbook abd this was one of the models I was looking at.

Thanks