Enabling QE/QC or FORCE RESOLUTION on my Gateway in 10.6.6

iMatt84

1 post in this topic

I found out using those ATI kexts cause a kernal panic or make my screen turn white and scrambled (My card has a dvi out but I'm using a Mac DVI to VGA converter and a VGA cable.. I could buy a DVI cable if need be)

Also tried forcing the resolution with the com.apple.boot thing and that didn't work, nor did any terminal commands or SwitchRes X

(trying to get this to work on my low-profile gateway... I don't have many options for alternative graphics cards that use 250w or less and can fit in my computer.. the gateway power box is hard to find and is expensive for low profile PCs)

Specs:

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q83001 (2.5GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)6

4096MB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1333MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB Modules)8 640GB SATA hard drive3 Modern and Sophisticated Small Form Factor Design Sapphire ATI RADEON 46500 512MB

High-Definition Audio with 5.1-channel Surround Sound Support Available: 1 - PCI-E x16, 1 - PCI-E x1

(9) USB 2.0 ports (5 Front, 4 Rear), (2) PS/2 Ports, Photo Frame Button, VGA, HDMI (Rear), IEEE 1394a, eSATA, (5) Audio Ports, Optical S/PDIF9

Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader4

Systemboard with Intel® G43 Express Chipset

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive220W Power Supply

OSX Snow Leapord 10.6.6 (Installed with 10.6.3 retail DVD using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to start up computer)

On the PLUS side for some reason the APPS in the new App store work great!