Leopard Installation Method

mingistech

258 posts in this topic

Could Someone Help:

I tried to upgrade to leopard but when the Installer was installing the essentials it gave an error: Cannot write some files to /Volume/Mac HD)

I never had problems with my HD, my iBook G4 is brand new, I bought it in December 05

Does anyone know how to solve this issue.?

HELP ME PLZ

if any of u try to start up leopard and get a blue screen with a mouse and it hangs there u have to boot leopard in safe mode to disable the unecessary drivers from loading.

And what might they be, say, on a MacBook Pro?

Hi can any one help I have installed leopard on my intell mac mini it looks good but I have a problem with spaces when i was tweaking the settings in spaces I selected use mouse now I cant click on anything as it changes screen! how can i dis able this

any clues

thanks mark

fixed it held down the option key and was able to use the mouse yeah!

Hmm after 8 pages, seems some guys have found it easier to install it, while others seems like an uphill struggle.

just would like to know, is it possible upgrade 10.4 to 10.5 ? without looking my apps, docs etc?

Z

btw the easiest way to install this if u got an ipod, create 2 partitions on the ipod, restore the installer on one, and then install the os on the other. plug the ipod in when u want leopard or just boot normally when u want tiger

just would like to know, is it possible upgrade 10.4 to 10.5 ? without looking my apps, docs etc?

Well, I know developers that have lost a disk, so at this point I would HIGHLY recommend that you make a Full backup before any such attempts.

Also, some parts of 10.5 is still very unstable (like Mail.app), so you would not want to use this for nnormal use.

Best,

Thanks buddy, well i think i may have to do a clean install, i dont thinkmy powerbook G4 ever had one, i chose the upgrade option when i installed tiger.. so i think its about time my baby had a nice clean install.. after i back everything up.. gonna be a fun weekend

ZIm

Ok, i read almost every post here, but for the record, what is the easiest way to install 10.5 on my g4 powerbook, so g4 powerbook, I have the usb external drive, and a 5g ipod as well as a 3g ipod, what should i do to install it. the easiest way though im up for anything i got alot of time...

Well i aint tried this, just an idea.. mount the installer in the os, run the setup and when it asks you to choose a destination drive select your external disk driver, mind you it has to be firewire and formatted to be used as a disk. powerbooks wont boot form usb only firewire

Zim

Well, I know developers that have lost a disk, so at this point I would HIGHLY recommend that you make a Full backup before any such attempts.

Also, some parts of 10.5 is still very unstable (like Mail.app), so you would not want to use this for nnormal use.

Best,

I've had no stability issues at all. What hardware are you running?

Can someone help me out here? My install doesn't work, it just hangs at the Apple (after pressing C on startup until the Apple shows up)

Here's what I did:

Downloaded carbon copy cloner

Copied the OS X disk, but deleted the Xcode folder (from CCC)

In ccc, made the destination (target) disk bootable

Used disk utility to burn the DVD (dvd-r)

restarted, held C

and it just hangs on the Apple, on the G3 & G4 I let hang for like.....40 minutes. on the macbook pro it got the gear after 3 minutes. let it hang for 30 more minutes, nothing.

what am I doing wrong? what other way without using an external drive, DL DVD, iPod, etc can I use?

how can I just install it within the os on a different partition or something?

thanks in advance :D

TIPS: DO NOT USE PACIFIST OR CARBON COPY CLONER.

i have tried both and they've both failed. the only wait to get a proper bootable drive is to use the restore function in Disk Utility. I am going to try and make a pared down single layer DVD for backup but using the restore to a disk partition works fine, not just to external drives.

fyi - posted from a successful system installed from a restored Leopard CD install disk.

Can Someone Please Help ME !

Could Someone Help:

I tried to upgrade to leopard but when the Installer was installing the essentials it gave an error: Cannot write some files to /Volumes/iBook G4)

I never had problems with my HD, my iBook G4 is brand new, I bought it in December 05

Does anyone know how to solve this issue.?

Help Me Help ME HELP MEEE

HELP ME PLZ

so now i have ipartition, how do i partition my boot drive with it?

i actually payed for that {censored} program.. it cant resize or anything, crappy program. partition magic for windows can resize the boot partition and create new, merge and convert filesystems, and lots of stuff, ipartition couldnt do anything to neither the boot partition ( Tiger) or the partition i created for leopard.

iPartition = :thumbsdown_anim: