• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

canberkk7

canberkk7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
There is a huge gap in boot times between Leopard and Snow Leopard on my Dell Mini 10v. I want to explain some stuff i found out for this boot time. Firstly if you remember there was a buggy NBI edition and it disabled sound when installed. The important thing, it could boot up in 30 seconds at that edition. Secondly, I was new to OSX86 when this version came out and i installed it. Didn't find out its a bug but instead tinkered with the kexts and removed the bug, effectively pushing my boot time to 2:45 minutes. The only modification was to delete the HDAEnabler.kext on /Extra/Mini10vExt.(No, that file isn't bundled anymore.) Thirdly, if you add the HDAEnabler.kext to a fixed version of NBI, unsurprisingly, the bug comes back. The thing i want to learn is that how i can have the best of both worlds. I have an idea but don't have the courage to try it out(Installation media is not with me...) Can anyone add in VoodooHDA and HDAEnabler and post in the results? This is really pissing me off... Please help!

To help you guys, i have attached the VoodooHDA and HDAEnabler.kext...

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy