Dell optiplex gx270 snow leopard help!

Hack24

3 posts in this topic

I have a Dell optiplex gx270 that i want to use snow on using iatkos s3 v2 but dont know what to select. I have a good idea on some stuff but i need help on the following to select:

what kernel?

what graphics? (or is it supported)

what extras? (like jmicron or stuff like that)

I have a Dell optiplex gx270 that i want to use snow on using iatkos s3 v2 but dont know what to select. I have a good idea on some stuff but i need help on the following to select:

what kernel?

what graphics? (or is it supported)

what extras? (like jmicron or stuff like that)

Sorry but after 7o+ posts you should know how to find all your hardware chipsets by now also what kernel your cpu will run.

http://tinyurl.com/4d9fowv

And as you already (by your signature) have a hack, I suggest the myHack and retail disc -----or similar method.

• 5 months later...

I know this isn't exactly what your asking but here is what I did for my GX270

To do this you will need Kalyway 10.5.1. There are very few installation choices but maybe that is how it works. Sometimes less is more. I finally settled on Leo because Snow seemed to be too problematic. Some of my instructions are far more specific than necessary so you can play with some of the variables i.e. Use a different boot loader etc.

OSX86 on a Dell GX270

The install disc will not complete properly on the Dell itself. You must install on another OSX86 compatible system or a real mac.

1. Install Kalyway 10.5.1.

2. Install Chameleon 2 RC5. I think RC3 will work too.

3. Being careful not to let the newly installed image reboot yet, put the HD into the Dell GX270.

4. Press F8 when prompted and type “tohkernel” and press <Enter>. If you don’t already know by now that you do not include quotes, then you probably shouldn’t own a computer.

5. Boot and configure your user etc.

6. Obtain and run Lizard. Configure tohkernel as your default kernel so you don’t have to F8 and specify every time.

a. Run Dsdt with force compile.

b. Create a folder in / called Extra and move/copy Dsdt file into it

c. Use Lizard to point to this DSDT file and save

d. Use Lizard to create and an SMBIOS file (it will automatically go into “Extra” then choose as many default drop downs that you can but do not check any boxes on and tab and save.

7. Reboot

8. Obtain and run OSX86 Tools and backup Extension folders (doesn’t matter where you put it but I like the Desktop.

9. Download and install “kalyway_10.5.3_ComboUpdate” (follow the instructions inside the folder).

10. Restore your backed up extensions and repair permissions.

11. Reboot

12. Throw away your old extension backup and redo step 8

13. Download and install the 10.5.8 combo update (I did this manually so I am not sure if Software Update will work the same).

14. After reboot your system might be unstable so try as much as necessary to restore your saved extensions, repair and reboot.

15. You now have a fully functional and stable 10.5.8

*You can now update via Software Update and download all available. It will not break your installation