KP after 10.6.2 to 10.6.6 update

ZeroShift

16 posts in this topic

Updated to 10.6.6 from 10.6.2 on my Hackintosh. Attempted to install the netkas Legacy kernel 10.6.0 package, but the installed said it failed. Upon looking in the root, the legacy_kernel had been placed and com.apple.Boot.plist had been modified to reflect the changes the installer made.

Upon initial boot, I recieved a kernel panic relating to AppleACPIPlatform.kext (see image)

post-290513-1295044762_thumb.jpg

com.apple.Boot.plist is having my system boot to 64 bit mode. When it does boot 64 bit, it comes up with the aforementioned panic. BUT when booting arch=i386, it seems to boot normally sans one issue.

It spams "Decrytption hasn't succeeded yet (probably will retry)

patch_exec_obj_segment failed

map_segment failed"

After which it hangs.

My Specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom X6 1055T

MSI 870-G45 MoBo

4GB DDR3

SB870/770 chipset

AHCI Enabled

LatinMC ... it's REALLY not a problem running OSX on AMD.You just have to know what you doing,really no difference except speedsteping is non functional on AMD (for now).ZeroShift,you probably only need to rebuild your kext caches,boot your install dvd and go to the terminal.Search the forum if you don't know th e commands.Before you do anything of that nature,try to boot with -f -v and -x -v..the first one will ignore your boot caches,might help.Let me know what you did. :)

LatinMC ... it's REALLY not a problem running OSX on AMD.You just have to know what you doing,really no difference except speedsteping is non functional on AMD (for now).ZeroShift,you probably only need to rebuild your kext caches,boot your install dvd and go to the terminal.Search the forum if you don't know th e commands.Before you do anything of that nature,try to boot with -f -v and -x -v..the first one will ignore your boot caches,might help.Let me know what you did. :D

yes i seen a mustang engine in a chevy iroc .. it was funny when a chevy fan said it sounded different.

Yeah whatever just chillout man :) Retain yourself from posting unhelpfull stuff.What happened to him isn't related to AMD cpu at all and can happen on an Intel processor too and as a matter of fact,on the most compatible OSX hardware if everything is not setup right.

Not much progress was made. I forget what the error was specifically, but there was an error hiding itself while booting arch=i386. I was able to ditch it by going in -s and clearing caches.

Now when booting arch=i386 it continues with the "Decryption hasn't succeeded yet. (Probably will retry) patch_exec_obj_segment failed

map_segment failed"

And continuously spams it.

I've tried with MULTIPLE kernels (all supposedly supporting AMD) with no luck either.

-x -f have both failed me FYI.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.3.5 with the one from 10.6.4 (1.3.2) to no avail. Also, there is no SleepEnabler.kext in /E/E or /S/L/E

It appears my system has FakeSMC.kext and Don'tStealMacOSX.kext, but no AppleDecrypt.kext or DSMOS.kext

Anyone know where I can get a copy for 10.6.6?

PS: I do have a seemingly working DSDT.aml. No idea how much of a difference that makes.

Don't need DSMOS.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext as FakeSMC.kext does the job.

He has an AMD CPU.

As far as I know, the Voodoo-based kernels have built-in blacklisting that blocks a kernel extension from loading that's necessary for Fakesmc to work properly. smc-something or other, I don't remember.

If I'm wrong about this, please let me know.

10.6.2 retail installed perfectly following the myHack method.

Created a bootable USB from the DVD, and modded the installer to allow install on MBR.

As well as a modified kernel for my Phenom X6 1055T.

I've reinstalled SL, and am updating to 10.6.6 to either fix or replicate the error.

PS: On a side note, I was able to fix a similar KP on another Hackintosh I work on by extracting the DSDT from Ubuntu. After fixing, ran Apple Update and updated some non-essential components (Airport, iTunes,etc) and got a KP similar to the previous. And wouldn't you know it, removing the DSDT fixed it. Wut?

EDIT: @Gringo Vermelho: blacklist=0 did nothing. Neither did removing FakeSMC.

Sorry for the double post, but I have an update.

10.6.6 installed perfectly the second time around, after rolling back my IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorageClass kexts. Oddly enough, it's running on Empire EFI's AMD Phenom 10.0.0 kernel.

Last time around, I believe I doomed myself following a guide on how to get past a hang at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, which had me (among other things) DELETE AppleSMC.kext. In reality, it wasn't hanging because of the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin blah blah blah, I was an idiot and forgot to re-enable GraphicsEnabler for my ATI RADEON (Sapphire) HD 5770 :)

Oh the errors are still there with nawcom's kernel. It's the same stuff in the first post, only it boots in 32 bit mode since I turned on GraphicsEnabler, albeit with the Decryption {censored} spamming.

On the bright side, with an older Phenom kernel (Empire EFI [Darwin 10.0.0]) it works perfectly! QE/CI with Radeon HD 5770, and Steam games running at 200+ FPS at 1680x1050!