HELP Korg Legacy

Hades

73 posts in this topic

I've edited my post several times with new info, check again if there's something you haven't tried.

Download Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner from here:

http://www.northernsoftworks.com/snowleopa...checleaner.html

Do a "Deep Clean" (this will require a reboot):

In the main window, click 'Caches' (last button)

Then click 'Deep Cleaning' and tick the three boxes.

Make sure your system volume is selected, then click the 'Clean' button.

Type your password when prompted.

Since Youtube/Flash uses hardware acceleration it can also be a problem with your video drivers.

Before you can do anything about that though you'll need to update to at least 10.6.4. This will allow you to install Apple's "Snow Leopard Graphics Update": http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1083 (check system requirements) Or, just go straight to 10.6.6. But make a backup first!

As I said I cannot guarantee that a system version update will work because you're running iATKOS.

You will need to do this sooner or later and see what happens. If it doesn't work, at least seeing what happens will make it possible to fix and prepare your backup for an update that will work.

As I said before, I believe this could be a video driver issue, but you can't update your video drivers if you don't update the OS first.

Go back and read post #48 again, and backup and update to 10.6.6. Make sure you use the "Combo Update" that I linked to above.

Copy it to your backup before running it so you don't have to download it again if there is a problem.

I'm pretty sure that it will work though, your hardware is very compatible.

Once you're at 10.6.6, download and install the latest OS X nvidia drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx...f03-driver.html

If the combo update ran fine and everything is working, you're okay to run Software Update from the Apple menu and get everything else.

Get the revised DSDT I posted for you in post #46, I can see you haven't downloaded it yet.

And Youtube is still #@§£!?

What about other flash video streaming sites like Vimeo for example, are they broken in the same way?

Random HD clip: http://vimeo.com/staffpicks#18945157

Did you run Software Update yet?

Found someone else with the exact same problem as you, here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220928

Unfortunately there are no replies..

Let's see how your Hackintosh reacts to enabling native CPU power management. Try this com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra:

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

Let me know if there's a change with your Youtube issue after rebooting.

It may not work right away, maybe you will need to dump your SSDT tables and add them to /Extra. We'll see.

Do you happen to have a HDD somewhere that has a working Windows installation for your PC?

I'm asking because it's easy to dump the SSDT tables under Windows.

HI

Yes youttube still /$&§(/

and the newest no more sound with firefox on youtube..... ;) (on safari it works sound and video)

And the same on vimeo !

The strange thing is that when i click the (unvisible) fullscreen button the vid shows and run smoothly !!

After replacing the Boot.plist there is NO change.....

I think i have a HDD with working win7 installation

I have also a MacBook Pro with youtube working ...maybe we can exchange files from there we need ?

Things to try:

Start Firefox in 'safe mode', like this:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode

And try youtube or vimeo again.

Type about:config in the Firefox adress bar.

Use the filter/search and type DOM.storage - make sure dom.storage.enabled is set to true.

Next try typing plugins in the filter and check if your settings for those are at the default values.

From the view menu, reset your zoom level (this doesn't make sense, but I saw a conversation where it fixed an issue for someone).

I think i have a HDD with working win7 installation

Good. Once you have it running, install Lavalys Everest Corporate Edition...

http://www.lavalys.com/support/downloads/ (scroll down, it's been discontinued, but the downloads are still there)

...and use it to extract all your ACPI tables as shown in the screenshots here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1468558

Then zip and attach them here.

I don't think you will be able to use any files from your Mac to fix this problem. Something happened with Firefox and Flash when you went from non-accelerated video to accelerated video. I'm still thinking about it, I'm sure there is a solution. Especially since full screen mode is working.

It's not specific to your video card either, the guy with the same error (link in other post above) has as ATI video card.

Please confirm that you have run Apple Software Update and gotten all available updates..

Ok

Apple Software Update = done

Firefox about:config and plugins = done

Firefox reset zoom level = done

Tables with Everest in Windows saved = done

Tables.zip

My "old" version of Win7 wont start anymore so i have to reinstall it *strange* because it was a clean installation.

Fantastic. There's more to do... :wacko:

Unzip the attached archive to your desktop. hades_ssdt_bdmesg_caBp.zip

Drop the com.apple.Boot.plist and the .aml files in /Extra.

Copy bdmesg to /usr/sbin/ - like this:

Open a Terminal window, type cp and press space. Then drag the bdmesg binary into the terminal window. Note how this adds the full path of bdmesg to your cp (copy) command. Now type /usr/bin at the end of the line and press enter.

bdmesg makes it easier to get the diagnostics info from Chameleon, instead of adding wait=y to your com.apple.Boot.plist as I did earlier, you can just run bdmesg from Terminal and see the same information. One of Chameleon's best kept secrets.

After adding these files and rebooting, please type bdmesg in Terminal and post the output here so I can check if what we're doing is working correctly.

My "old" version of Win7 wont start anymore so i have to reinstall it *strange* because it was a clean installation.

That may have to do with the changes you've made in the BIOS.

Have you done this:

Open System Preferences, open the sharing preference pane and change the "computer name" to [yourname]'s MacPro.

I noticed this in your kextstat:

91 1 0xffffff7f81280000 0x4000 0x4000 com.avatron.AVExVideo (1.1.0)

102 0 0xffffff7f812d3000 0x4000 0x4000 com.avatron.AVExFramebuffer (1.1.0)

I think those are from some sort of video converter program right? Did it come with an uninstaller? Try uninstalling it, maybe that can have some kind of influence on your flash/youtube issue.

Ok

Drop Boot.plist and the .aml´s in /Extras = done

Did bdmesg in /usr/bin but had to add a sudo -s before because i dosent have enough privileges = done

Here is the output of bdmesg:

bdmesg.rtf.zip

Change in System Preferences the Name = done

AVExVideo in Kextstat:

This is a windows video converter (http://www.avex-dvd.com/). I never installed it under MACOSX or in the new version of Win7 , dunno where it comes from !

woah. :(

CMOS reset time. Roll in the defibrilator.

defib_757826.jpg

Unplug your PCs power supply from the mains, remove the motherboard battery and close the motherboard CLR RTC jumper for 10 minutes.

Refer to page 27 of your motherboard manual: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manua...-965p-ds3_e.pdf

This will reset your BIOS settings as well. So before booting OS X again, set your BIOS like this (just leave the settings I don't mention as they are):

Drive A: None (if you don't use a floppy drive)

Limit CPUID Max to 3 - Disabled

No-Execute Memory Protect - Enabled

CPU Enhanced Halt State (C1E) - Enabled

CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2) - Enabled

CPU EIST Function - Enabled

Virtualization Tech - Enabled

Init Display First - PEG

SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode - Enabled

Azalia Codec - might as well disable it since you're not using it (just don't forget you have disabled it in case you need it later!)

Onboard SATA/IDE Device - if you have drives connected to the JMicron controller (motherboard manual pages 18 & 22 - the "GSATAII 0/1 ports") enabled, otherwise disabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode - AHCI

Parallel/Serial Ports - if you aren't using them you can disable them

ACPI Suspend Type - S3(STR)

bdmesg looks fine, all the SSDT tables are loaded.

Let's delete those kernel extensions from AVEx if you don't have that installed anyway...maybe you selected it under 'customize' when you installed iATKOS? It's extremely likely that these kernel extensions are related to your Flash issue.

sudo - s (and your password as usual)

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AVExVideo.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AVExFramebuffer.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

Delete the app as well from your Applications or Utilities folder or whereever it is.

Reboot and check Firefox/Youtube/Vimeo again.

What the f*ck?! I can't believe that this is happening after all this work. :wallbash:

Are you absolutely sure that it's dead? What happens when you switch it on?

Any beeping from the PC speaker? As in, say, one long beep followed by two short beeps?

Those are error codes that indicate the failure of a specific part, usually CPU, video card or RAM. You can look them up in your motherboard manual.

If you can, try a different CPU and/or different video card, and most importantly, a different power supply.

what are other good mainboards for hackintoshs with not much fiddling around !? Can you recommend some ?

Yours...! :rolleyes: Most of the fiddling around that we've done here was removing or fixing unnecessary or wrong stuff that was installed by iATKOS.

meh...

Nearly anything from the Gigabyte EP45 range (Intel P45 and ICH10 chipset) - and you'll be able to still use the same CPU, RAM etc.

My board is an ASUS P5Q-E, also with P45/ICH10 chipset. Everything is working with minimal patching. Asus P5Q Pro or Deluxe are great Hackintosh boards too.

Of course the P45 and Core 2 Duo/Quad CPUs are getting a little long in the tooth.

If you want something newer, say Core iX CPU and X58/ICH10 chipset, I'm afraid I can't help you with this specifically as I try to not read about newer hardware until I can actually afford it.

Whatever you do, stick with Gigabyte or ASUS boards with Intel chipset - but don't by the latest and greatest.

Hi Gringo

Yes unfortunatly i am sure. When i switch on only all fans run including CPU fan, no beep or any other sound then the fans...

:wacko:

I am really pi$$ed of after all the effort you put in my problem to get a clean system.

Before i get helpless.

Wich release should i take when start to install the next time ? ;)

I thought of buying this MoBo

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3

with

Intel Core i5-760, 4x 2.80GHz, boxed

I have also original Snow Leo DVD ....

Unplug and disconnect everything from the motherboard, except the motherboard speaker (you have a motherboard beeper/speaker connected right? :) ) and the CPU and its cooler/fan. Remove the motherboard from the case.

Place it on a non-conductive surface (!) preferably the anti-static bag it was shipped in, and plug in the PSU, don't forget the 4-pin plug that plugs in above the CPU.

You can turn on the motherboard by shorting the two pins where the case on/off switch plugs in (ref. page 23 of your motherboard manual). But be careful.

Any beeps? Your motherboard has AWARD BIOS, so use this information to interpret the beep codes: http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm#

If you get an endlessly looping beep (this is good!) with no RAM in the motherboard, then plug in your RAM, one stick at a time, restarting after each one. When plugging in RAM remember to unplug the PSU from the mains (or if it has an on/off switch, just turn it off) and wait for a minute or so.

If the beeps are different now (1 long, three short or 1 long two short) then you know what to do.

Wich release should i take when start to install the next time ? :D

You should use a retail Snow Leopard DVD, along with an appropriate boot CD to load it.

Hi Gringo

when starting the puter i had always on short beep when booting. Since my Mobo went out of breath i don´t hear any beep :D

Thank you for the new suggestions but when i start to disembowel my puter i can put in a new Mobo :)

I will think about it.

No matter how i decide. Would you help me again to install Snow Leo on the new/old puter with a Retail Snow Leo DVD ?

I would understand when you say no.

Hades

• 5 months later...

Hi Gringo !

Me again :(

I updated to Lion after fiddling around with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and Retail Leo DVD and then Lion GM and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Everything is running smooth except guess what.

Right

My Ethernet Card is detected but not as build in :(

Again !

I installed the original realtek drivers for OSX 1.6 and higher from their site but still not detected as build in :( gnarf

here is whats in my boot.plist in /Extra

y<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And here what in my /Extensions folder:

ALC8xxHDA.kext

EvOreboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

JMicron36xATA.kext

JMicron36xSATA.kext

LegacyAppleRTC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

In my Extra Folder there are

file com.apple.Boot.plist

file smbios.plist

file Extensions.mkext

folder Extensions

folder Themes

My smbios.plist looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Would you mind helping me out again ?

Thank you in advance !

In the Sytem Pane the driver for the ethernet card is located in :

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

this is how the ethrnet is shown in system pane:

Typ: Ethernet-Controller

Bus: PCI

Hersteller-ID: 0x10ec

Geräte-ID: 0x8168

Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x1458

Subsystem-ID: 0xe000

Versions-ID: 0x0006

Link-Breite: x1

BSD-Name: en0

Kext-Name: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Ort: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Version: 1.1.4a5

The IONetworkingFamily.kext contains:

post-4989-1311685977_thumb.png

I hope all infos are useful?

My Specs:

Gigabyte P55-USB3

Core i5 2,8

8 Gig of Ram

Hades

• 3 weeks later...