Leopard development disk leaked

Swad

114 posts in this topic

Redmond, start your copiers… er… DVD burners.

We received word yesterday that the developer’s preview of OS X Leopard is making its way through the depths of those internet "tubes."

The “scene” release, called APPLE.MAC.OSX.LEOPARD.V10.5.WWDC.PREVIEW-OSX, is reported to be build 9A241, the same that was handed out at this week’s WWDC.

From the .nfo:

---------------

::Information::

---------------

WWDC Preview?

This is a copy of the preview install demonstrated on the 7th of Aug (couple of days ago) at Worldwide Developers Conference. Final is due in spring 2007, apparently, but so far it looks pretty good.

Our sources have confirmed that this is a legitimate release, in contrast to several other earlier “leaks” that were later proven to be hoaxes. Sources indicate that this 4.3 gig release was released to several private ftp servers yesterday and has only begun appearing on various torrent sites. Developments on the leak have been followed in this thread.

Stay tuned... more info as we have it...

Digg this story!

Sources indicate that this 4.3 gig release...

This decompresses to something a little larger, so you will need dual layer capacity if you wish to burn it as released.

PPC users may be able to clone it to a disk partition for booting instead.

It also might be possible to run the Leopard installer from Tiger.

theres no telling how long we'll still be able to download the copy I have in progress...Found it on nova but it's being tracked by demonoid which I read banned leopard torrents from being uploaded...I might lose the tracker soon but I'm hoping for the best. only downloading at an average of 10.2kB/s :-/ 8 days to go!!!

I am not sure if it is actually being tracked by Demonoid or not.

However, some BT clients like Azureus are backed-up with a distributed tracker system, so even if Demonoid cuts it off, the torrent will survive.

EDIT: I just manually "updated" the tracker and I got the "torrent deleted" error from Demonoid. This torrent still works fine, I think it is running distributed but I am not sure.

I will pay. I did it for a DVD of the Tiger Pre-Release, and that guy shipped it from AUS.

That would be he "post" it :spam::):(

I had to have a bit of fun anyway. Hey hopefully there will be no need for the "hackintosh" and apple will just allow it to work and not say anything then if people call for help they say bite me thats not supported etc.

One can hope anyway :D

sad thing is all i'm looking for right now is the mach_kernel from it.

Yes, so far we have heard no information about what Apple plans for the Leopard kernel.

Given that we would have about nine months to "research" it before release, I expect that Apple may be holding back as much as possible.

This may turn into another case of moding a beta kernel to run the actual first release.

I am also going to be surprised if Leopard does not require an EFI firmware update.

Please someone tell me where i can find it.
Probably shouldn't be posting this again, but I will pay somebody for a burned copy of a bootable Leopard install.

This thread is for discussion of the leak. Do not post requests for download links, torrents, dvd's etc. It clutters the thread and is of no use to anyone. We do not facilitate the infringement of copyrights on this forum.

There are plenty of hints already in other topics - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...308&st=480

Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated thanks.

[Thread Cleaned]