Adobe Releases Universal Flash Player 9

5 posts in this topic

Today, Adobe has released the final version of their Universal Flash Player 9. The new version numbered 9,0,20,0 is compatible with both Intel and PowerPC Macs. Oddly enough, Adobe is still offering a PowerPC only version, however it appears to be an earlier build.

I expect Apple to push the new Flash Player out with their next OS update, but if you want to be on the cutting edge, you can download the stable player now.

By the way, I think Adobe overdid their distribution method a little bit. They have a ZIP file for download, which expands to a DMG, which contains an Installer. Couldn't have Adobe just given us the DMG and been done with it?

I haven't had a chance to look at it, does it come with all the requisite {censored} they try to shove on Windows users. (Flash generally comes with Yahoo toolbar and Adobe reader comes with Google, or do I have that backwards?)?

I haven't had a chance to look at it, does it come with all the requisite {censored} they try to shove on Windows users. (Flash generally comes with Yahoo toolbar and Adobe reader comes with Google, or do I have that backwards?)?

There's no junk with it.