10.6.6 released

iRipper

217 posts in this topic

No sound for GA-EP43-UD3L, that uses ALC888. Have to fix with overwriting kexts again!

Sound fixed by overwriting AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with the one posted here for 10.6.6

repair permissions and touch /S/L/E

Guys...this update is for install the APP STORE {censored} {censored} !!!!! nothing more..... what do you think?

And another tip...Little Snitch at startup announces a connection for scan all the apps installed in my hack/mac

THIS IS THE NEW APPLE PHILOSOPHY!

Then we must blame Microsoft? BAH! BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH!!! Holy {censored}!!!!!

Blocked with LS! forever...i dont need this {censored}!

{censored}!

It happens to me equally. There is some form that apple stops scanning what we have?

Guys...this update is for install the APP STORE {censored} {censored} !!!!! nothing more..... what do you think?

And another tip...Little Snitch at startup announces a connection for scan all the apps installed in my hack/mac

THIS IS THE NEW APPLE PHILOSOPHY!

Then we must blame Microsoft? BAH! BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH!!! Holy {censored}!!!!!

Blocked with LS! forever...i dont need this {censored}!

{censored}!

AppZapper ? ;)

i136760_AppZapper.png

AMD user here,updated to 10.6.6,nawcom legacy kernel 10.6.5.Got the same spinning beach ball problem and double the startup RAM usage after 6-7 minutes from boot.As soon as i turned off everything in Spotlight,hard disk activity settled down..gonna test around a bit more :blink: Everything else working perfectly,except that abnormal hard disk activity for about 10 minutes and kernel_task process taking up 300-400 MBs of RAM instead of 80 initially.

Hello can someone please give me some help.

!0.6.4 only problems I have ever had was getting the x1800XT to work. Works with the following kexts

EVOEnabler

ATIRadeonX1000

ATI1900Controller

I install the 10.6.6 combo and then roll back my usb with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Restart and everythings fine but my graphics have reverted back to 1024 res and acceleration lost. Basically how it did before I put the kexts in.

If I try to re'install these kexts I get an instant kernel crash and I can't boot back into the system.

Please advise.

Thank you.

EDIT

I HAVE NOW GOT THIS WORKING

updated with no issues but that would be expected on my system, no performance increase or decrease.

Hi mate.

Own same board.

Any issues with sound?

Updated with Combo or Standard file?

Do you use Cartri BIOS Mac Edition on your mobo?

Cheers,

bb.

Hi mate.

Own same board.

Any issues with sound?

Updated with Combo or Standard file?

Do you use Cartri BIOS Mac Edition on your mobo?

Cheers,

bb.

not using Cartri bios, using DSDT and ACL8XXHDA.kext all working good

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to running Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware and I'm having a spot of trouble...

On my Apple iMac8,1 I did the 10.6.6 update last night with no issues, everything works great.

I've spent all day trying to get Mac OS X to install on my netbook, an Advent 4213, and after a while, I eventually managed to get Mac OS X 10.6 installed. I used NetbookBootMaker with an official retail copy of the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Install DVD, restored to an external HDD... It eventually installed and was all running OK.

Without knowing anything about update issues, I downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update, put it on a USB stick and ran it on my newly setup netbook. On reboot, I get a kernel panic with the error "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.0.26/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:707

Did a bit of Googling, and absolutely everything suggests this is an issue with SleepEnabled.kext, and when I try to boot in verbose mode, I can see a link that says SleepEnabler on it. On a regular boot, this line is obscured by the restart computer logo...

Looking around, everything suggests to delete SleepEnabler.kext, so I booted up from the install media, opened a terminal window, and went to the locations that I could find on various forums. The only place I could find SleepEnabler.kext was in /Volumes/nbHDD/Extra/GeneralExtensions/SleepEnabler.kext, so I deleted that file and rebooted, but still the same error.

I've also seen people suggest using the pmVersion=0 boot flag, but that doesn't appear to make any difference either.

Does anyone have ideas what I can do to fix this? :)

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to running Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware and I'm having a spot of trouble...

On my Apple iMac8,1 I did the 10.6.6 update last night with no issues, everything works great.

I've spent all day trying to get Mac OS X to install on my netbook, an Advent 4213, and after a while, I eventually managed to get Mac OS X 10.6 installed. I used NetbookBootMaker with an official retail copy of the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Install DVD, restored to an external HDD... It eventually installed and was all running OK.

Without knowing anything about update issues, I downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update, put it on a USB stick and ran it on my newly setup netbook. On reboot, I get a kernel panic with the error "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.0.26/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:707

Did a bit of Googling, and absolutely everything suggests this is an issue with SleepEnabled.kext, and when I try to boot in verbose mode, I can see a link that says SleepEnabler on it. On a regular boot, this line is obscured by the restart computer logo...

Looking around, everything suggests to delete SleepEnabler.kext, so I booted up from the install media, opened a terminal window, and went to the locations that I could find on various forums. The only place I could find SleepEnabler.kext was in /Volumes/nbHDD/Extra/GeneralExtensions/SleepEnabler.kext, so I deleted that file and rebooted, but still the same error.

I've also seen people suggest using the pmVersion=0 boot flag, but that doesn't appear to make any difference either.

Does anyone have ideas what I can do to fix this? -_-

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

I'm also not very good with this but doesn't it depend on the bootloader your using as to where the kext is installed?

Mine was in hdd/extras/SleepEnabler.kext

AppZapper ? :)

i136760_AppZapper.png

YEAH RIGHT!!!!! DONE!!! :)

FOR WHO IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH KEXTS:

Why at somebody will replace kexts?

Because the COmbo update...if u are on 10.6.5 not need combo update and will not replace kexts!!

So use combo only if u are in a OSX system less then 10.6.5!

Hi,

Does anyone have ideas what I can do to fix this? :)

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

It depends on where it's installed. If you are using a GUID-partitionned drive, it's on /Extra/Extensions on your GPT partition. Else, it can be on the partition you use to boot on Mac OS X, in /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions. Or you can try to boot with pmVersion=21.

Still nobody for my PS2 trackpad not working ?

I'm also not very good with this but doesn't it depend on the bootloader your using as to where the kext is installed?

Mine was in hdd/extras/SleepEnabler.kext

It depends on where it's installed. If you are using a GUID-partitionned drive, it's on /Extra/Extensions on your GPT partition. Else, it can be on the partition you use to boot on Mac OS X, in /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions. Or you can try to boot with pmVersion=21.

Thanks for the replies. If I'm honest, I got so annoyed with it last night that with it being a fresh install, I just blitzed it and started again with the knowledge that I need to do something about SleepEnabler before I run an upgrade.

I'll give these a go if I have the same issue again. As for the pmVersion=21, I think I tried 0, 20, 21, 22 and 23 and nothing made a difference...

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

Ok, I did a fresh reinstall over night of Mac OS X 10.6 and removed SleepEnabler.kext from /Extra/GeneralExtensions before I ran the 10.6.6 Combo Upgrade, but I'm still getting the error.

You mention a GPT partition? I know I'm using a GUID-partitioned drive, as Snow Leopard wouldn't install without a GUID-partitioned drive, but I'm not sure what a GPT partition is? Sorry, I'm new to all this ;)

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

Does anybody know if this fixed the wireless issue with 10.6.5?

I have WPC54G PCI card BCM4306 chipset. Works OOB from 10.6.0 -10.6.4, broke on 10.6.5.

@ Jedric Just reinstall the kext that you previously used in the older versions and repair permissions afterwards before rebooting
Thanks forgot to mention using chameleon RC5. So all my kext are the same in E/E
From fresh install installed 10.6.5 and broke my wireless again :) upgraded to 10.6.6 to see if it will get fixed but 10.6.6 wont even finish installing. Keep getting "You need to restart your computer. Hold the power button.... etc..." somewhere before the end of install.

After a few installs I got 10.6.6 to install properly. Still no wireless :(

I put the old 10.4 kernel back and wala.... Wireless is back, but now im having issues with USB :(

So the wireless issue seem to point to the new kernel that was used in 10.6.5 and 10.6.6.

Fixed the usb issue using this. http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=347

Ok, I did a fresh reinstall over night of Mac OS X 10.6 and removed SleepEnabler.kext from /Extra/GeneralExtensions before I ran the 10.6.6 Combo Upgrade, but I'm still getting the error.

You mention a GPT partition? I know I'm using a GUID-partitioned drive, as Snow Leopard wouldn't install without a GUID-partitioned drive, but I'm not sure what a GPT partition is? Sorry, I'm new to all this :D

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

After doing much more reading, I've found that with NetbookInstaller, you apparently have to run UpdateExtras.app once you've removed SleepEnabler.kext before it'll work... but seeing as I can't get into Mac OS X at all, only via the installer, and I can't see to run a .app via the Installer, I've been trying other stuff... and broken it even more as it now says I've got an unsupported CPU :unsure: So I'm going to blitz it for the third time, and attempt it again, now that I'm aware of the UpdateExtras.app file

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

hi, i'm new on mac, i have a acer aspire one 532h, instaled from iatkos s3 10.6.3 and yesterday update with combo update 10.6.6 all work fine but for boot i need use -v -f else error press button shutdown.....

some one can help me ..

thankss!!

I've managed it! Finally! I've lost a few features though, so I'll have to have a play around... but it turned out SleepEnabler.kext was still being stored in the Extensions.mkext... using UpdateExtra.app rebuilt the Extensions.mkext without breaking anything, so the 10.6.6 update now works!

I've lost some graphical features though? My card is an Intel 945GM as far as I'm aware, and I can no longer use the translucent title bar, and I've completely lost my ability to take screenshots?

Also, VoodooHDA caused a kernel panic on my first reboot, but after removing this from terminal on the Install media, I can now boot into the OS... I've just got no sound.

Any ideas how I can fix these issues?

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

Edit Ok, not suer what happened to my graphics and screenshots. A reboot fixed all that!

netbookdone.png

So now I've just got to try and fix my audio! :lol:

Cheers,

Mike (aka. Nimraynn)

Now i'm really really pissed off... I'm on a Wind U100 clone & couldn't update from 10.6.4 (good thing finally) so i made a new partition/install, it tooks much more than 1hour to do process 10.6 install > 10.6.6 combo > last netbook installer and also installed voodoohda for the sound.

About sound i should mention while system boot i hear the speaker being powered on (little sound) which i didn't hear before, though i used same Kext... After reboot, everything is ok but after another (one or more? can't remember..) when i restart i don't have PS2 working anymore (both trackpad and keyboard)!

That's the reason why i had to resinstall (gone for hour again...) since after trying few things, i screwed the installation. But now after i did all fine, installed my apps, tried app store & co... It's doing the same {censored} again!! Can't believe!! What can i do to solve that? I don't get it... I'm afraid to screw it and loose hours again :lol:

I should mention that while the system boot, if i use -v i can see that the trackpad (Apple PS2) is recognized as usual, that's why i don't get it, why it doesn't work anymore? Should i reinstall the netbook installer? Should i try using VoodooPS2 instead of Apple PS2? But then i shouldn't delete it and update extensions.mkext which screwed everything last time i tried, system took 3X times to start with no changes..!

I didnt had that with 9600GT. No major speed changes in OpenGL by 10.6.6

I noticed that on a win emulated game with openGL support.

I even noticed that with 10.6.6 my mds process (spotlight) is getting mad and I get a massive disk access and CPU consumption immediately after the boot for 2-3 minutes!