10.6.6 released

iRipper

217 posts in this topic

Thanks forgot to mention using chameleon RC5. So all my kext are the same in E/E

From fresh install installed 10.6.5 and broke my wireless again :D upgraded to 10.6.6 to see if it will get fixed but 10.6.6 wont even finish installing. Keep getting "You need to restart your computer. Hold the power button.... etc..." somewhere before the end of install.

Happy New Year to all here ;)

I wonder what's up with the AppleHDA.kext?

Do we need to patch it for a particular audio device (e.g. ALC 888, ALC 889, etc.)?

the driver have not been updated, so if it used to work before, it will also work after the update

i updated my hackintosh to 10.6.6, unfortunately for some reason VoodooHDA causes a kernel panic... so it is disabled

any ideas on what i could use?

under system profiler it is just listed as intel high definition audio device

also some other notible thing.. for some off reason safari kept crashing when i would try to load this site, or you tube and many others...so i installed google chrome with the same results

i then tried firefox, it is now fully working... i can load all pages Great!!

i am stuck in one resolution, although it doesn't look all that bad

looks good

i would like more of a selection, but that's is the least of my worries... sound is more important at the moment

other than that, the OS seems to run extremely smoothly and programs/updates/etc have all worked nicely

i updated my hackintosh to 10.6.6, unfortunately for some reason VoodooHDA causes a kernel panic... so it is disabled

any ideas on what i could use?

under system profiler it is just listed as intel high definition audio device

also some other notible thing.. for some off reason safari kept crashing when i would try to load this site, or you tube and many others...so i installed google chrome with the same results

i then tried firefox, it is now fully working... i can load all pages Great!!

i am stuck in one resolution, although it doesn't look all that bad

looks good

i would like more of a selection, but that's is the least of my worries... sound is more important at the moment

other than that, the OS seems to run extremely smoothly and programs/updates/etc have all worked nicely

i've got a problem after updating to 10.6.6

in the boot menu of chameleon, pc efi, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] etc (all i tried),

the message:

"Error parsing plist file

/Volumes/MacHD/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist"

and

"Mach-O file has bad magic number"

appear. after a very short time, it jumpes back to the selection menu

please help.

Hi. I tried to update my hackint0sh from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6, and it... failed a bit.

First, I forgot to remove my old SleepEnabler.kext. GUYS, REMOVE IT BEFORE. Or KP. Like me -__-.

And when I finally removed it, it booted... but no PS2 mouse. Keyboard is working fine, but not my mouse. I have a Packard Bell laptop w/ a Synaptics trackpad. Thanks !

And, oh, is it a problem if I have no more SleepEnabler ? What does it do ? It seems to work fine like that.

Upgraded successfully from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6 combo. I downloaded combo update via safari and then manual install. Tested a free app from appstore and works perfectly!

Mobo: Asus P5kc

Intel QX6850

4GB ram

OCZ SSD drive

Iatkos S3 was my base installation.

So now continue working on my new case modding: got a G5 case for 50,- , so then it also "looks" like a mac.

@netgodsrdn2 chameleon v2 r658 i think

I may have found a fix for the MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey error in the app store. I found it here -

http://brooksreview.net/2011/01/mac-app-error/

The "fix" amounts to moving your NetworkInterfaces.plist found in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ to the trash and then reboot and re-enter your network info.

Got home and tested this. It worked on mine...

-Ron

Made a backup and updated with combo to 10.6.6. Remembered to turn off my external USB hard drive first, then rebooted no problems.

Motherboard is GA-EP45-DS3L, with GeForce 8400GS video card.

So far no issues at all. Mouse is fine, sound ok, USB working good (never can boot with the external Seagate USB drive turned on, still a problem), and video good.

noob question...

After I download and install the 10.6.6 update, do I need to run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] again before rebooting (like I did when I built my Hackintosh from the Lifehacker tutorial?)

http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-build...ight-easy-steps (step 6).

Well, I thought I'd take a chance. I downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update, installed it and re-ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] before rebooting. Now OSX won't boot at all. I guess I'll wipe the drive and try it again from scratch.

Hello I have been running 10.6.4 for months without a hitch on a ATi X1800XT using the evoenabler, ati1000, 1950 kexts.

After updating to 10.6.6 when I install these kexts again and run the permissions thing I get a instant kernal panic and then I am unable to reboot into the system as the kernel panics again.

Looking for someone to help me out please.

Guys...this update is for install the APP STORE {censored} {censored} !!!!! nothing more..... what do you think?

And another tip...Little Snitch at startup announces a connection for scan all the apps installed in my hack/mac

THIS IS THE NEW APPLE PHILOSOPHY!

Then we must blame Microsoft? BAH! BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH!!! Holy {censored}!!!!!

Blocked with LS! forever...i dont need this {censored}!

{censored}!