10.6.6 released

iRipper

217 posts in this topic

I'm having this exact same problem. My login works fine on my real iMac but not my hacPro. I'm running the Kabyl RC5 bootloader for ATI 5770 support. Which bootloader version are you running?

-Ron

Same problem for me, I get MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey_message as well when logging in.

I'm having this exact same problem. My login works fine on my real iMac but not my hacPro. I'm running the Kabyl RC5 bootloader for ATI 5770 support. Which bootloader version are you running?

-Ron

Same problem for me, I get MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey_message as well when logging in.

Just upgraded to 10.6.6, no issues here.

App Store works fine.

No problem with Sleepenabler.kext, I don't use it. I use a custom DSDT.AML and sleep/wake work great.

For sound I use "C-Media USB Audio Device". It works all the time. Unlike the onboard sound which breaks every time there is an upgrade.

No issues with video.

Only kext in E/E is fakesmc.kext

system type set to iMac 11,1 in smbios.plist

This build was done with tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (custom dsdt.aml)

custom dsdt built with "DSDT Editor".

geekbench(32bit) score 6165

about.tiff

Logic 9.1.3 not work here with 10.6.6

Can anyone confirm this ?

MaLd0n, you have logic? Work or not? Can you check please??

I realized ... Load time is longer now! Uffff ! ;) Thank goodness!

PLEASE READ! !!! !

Hi, I have performed the combo update and it went fine but I got distracted and didnt run the beast thing before i rebooted and now i am stuck at my dam login screen with no usb. my ps2 port doesnt seem to function either when osx has loaded!

i really need someones help getting back into osx or if you can just get my usb working again that would be aces!!!

is it possible to run the beast package from terminal if i boot from the dvd?

please help me !!!

I updated though software update, everything works like a charm :o , even I downloaded a free application from app store without any problem (you need an apple ID of course!). Sorry my bad english!! :angry2:

My Hack:

Intel Core2Duo E7500

Intel DG31PR (works OOB, only had to patch the "hda.kext", all usb working without patch -I use an apple pro keyboard with a mighty mouse)

RAM: 2 GB Kingston 667 mhz

HDD: 250 Maxtor sata2 (sata native)

WF: Linksys WMP54GS (work OOB)

Asus NV7300GT 256 mb silent (work with graphics enabler)

Generic Bluetooth bundle (OOB)

Generic Fire wire pci card (OOB)

Software: Mac OS X 10.6 retail install with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported with chameleon pcefi 10.6 (thankyou tonymac, netkas and all the people who work hard for this project!!). Updated to 10.6.6 today. Sorry my bad english again!!

Update worked perfectly through software update. GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2.0. EVGA Geforce Gtx 260. App Store works fine, qe/ci work fine, audio, wireless, and lan work fine. Had to disable SleepEnabler to avoid kernel panic. System ID MacPro 4,1.

post-697594-1294349220_thumb.jpg

I have Logic 9.1.3 and it seems to be working just fine for me.

hi guys, i have not updated yet but i have real serious question about it. are you guys really going to use appstore on your hackintoshes? aren't you afraid to give away your names and all personal data to apple via credit cards? if apple would take the anti-piracy course we all will become a very easy target for their legal department to hunt us down.

what do you think?

I've done with updating up to 10.6.6

My config in signature. All works fine.

F.jpg

hi guys, i have not updated yet but i have real serious question about it. are you guys really going to use appstore on your hackintoshes? aren't you afraid to give away your names and all personal data to apple via credit cards? if apple would take the anti-piracy course we all will become a very easy target for their legal department to hunt us down.

what do you think?

dude, appstore contains free apps too

I've done with updating up to 10.6.6

My config in signature. All works fine.

F.jpg

dude, appstore contains free apps too

I'm no more fearful than plugging my iPhone into my hack' or purchasing on iTunes.

I've paid for their software - I've just omitted to read the instructions. Can't see what they would do me for.

Let's not let this go off topic! :unsure:

I realized ... Load time is longer now! Uffff ! :unsure: Thank goodness!

Logic 9.1.3 works fine for me at 10.6.6 no Problems!!

Hi. I've been thinking in updating my hack but have some questions:

Any of you have SL installed with a software RAID 0 config, updated and worked?

If I loose my USB, my keyboard will not work (my USB only works on UHCI mode,don't know why), so how could I recover it?

My graphic card is a NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB. Anyone knows if it's supported on 10.6.6?

Sorry for my english!!

[sOLVED]: Just updated. Everything works fine except USB. Still working on UHCI mode. If anyone knows how to fix this, this is my USB controller as lspci says:

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)

sorry to sound like a total noob, but where do i type this in? is there a key combo i hit while booting to get to command line? using chameleon

haha. I forgot to remove sleepenabler.kext, AGAIN.

Oh well, a quick way to disable it so you can get past the KP at boot is to use the following flag at boot.

pmVersion=0

Saves me having to get out of my seat to find a boot disc or pendrive to fix my laziness! :unsure:

sorry to sound like a total noob, but where do i type this in? is there a key combo i hit while booting to get to command line? using chameleon

Just begin typing when your chameleon logo appears, you will see your text at the bottom of your screen.

Everything work fine,

except a big general performance decrease, (tested with parallel desktop 6, cinebench 11 and geekbench),

and in my case the app store crash if i click the update button

back to 10.6.5.

Sorry to hear that cparm.

It's not because of your E8500 CPU. I have the same CPU and 10.6.6 runs fine here, no performance drop. I'm still using Parallels 5, it's working fine just like it was, cinebench and geekbench scores are the same as before. App store seems to work fine, I don't have an Apple ID so I didn't try downloading anything but the update button just gives me a popup that says my apps are up to date - after installing 10.6.6 I ran Software Update before running App Store and got updates for some iLife apps.

I used the full +1GB combo update to update. Maybe you should try that?

I use MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and vanilla CPU power management via Chameleon 2.0 RC5.

P45/ICH10R chipset.

Update went well,but App Store keeps on freezing whenever I click to download any app...already rebuilt/deleted caches,rebooted,repaired permissions,opening iTunes and checking the box on the agreement stuff...no luck still :S can anyone help?

****EDIT****

Success finally,it seems that the App Store has problems dealing with mounted External Drives...so just unmount all external HD`s or Pen Drives and the Terms and Conditions Box will pop out yayyyyyyyy :)

Update worked a charm ( downloaded from apple site ) I always install to a test partition I have first then to main system

only thing in /Extra/Extensions is fakesmc

Using my Modified ( Cartri base ) Bios no DSDT

App store works fine

Yet to try xbench / cine bench

Update through update manager. Everything is working fine, even audio.

Información del hardware:

Nombre del modelo: Mac Pro

Identificador del modelo: MacPro3,1

Nombre del procesador: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Velocidad del procesador: 3 GHz

Número de procesadores: 1

Número total de núcleos: 4

Caché de nivel 2: 8 MB

Memoria: 4 GB

Velocidad del bus: 1,33 GHz

Versión de la ROM de arranque: MP31.00C1.B00

Versión SMC (sistema): 1.37f3

Número de serie (sistema): W87234JHYA4

Información del software de sistema:

Versión del sistema: Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567)

Versión del kernel: Darwin 10.6.0

Volumen de arranque: sys

Modo de arranque: Normal

post-164310-1294359458_thumb.jpg

See my signature for my system details, Everything went perfectly on AMD.

Just make sure that you backup your kernel and when you boot from the bootloader type mach_kernel.backup or whatever you named it. and then restore it when your on the desktop.

I had to do a fresh system install as my system in 10.6.5 had javascript problems which didnt allow me to install anything, literally, facetime, office, everything! so did a fresh install, 10.6.6 is a nifty little update.

successful combo update install. hack in sig.

had to revert to the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. drag, drop, authenticate. repair permissions, reboot.

haven't tried to dl from app store yet, but will update if any problems on that front.

cake =D