10.6.6 released

iRipper

217 posts in this topic

Tested 10.6.6

Everything works perfectly! Problems with slower graphics in 10.6.5 solved!

App Store Works too !

Performance the same like in 10.6.4 Perfect!

CPU: Intel 2 Core Quad Q8400

MB: ASUS P5P43TD

VIDEO: nVidia GT 220 1 GB DDR3

RAM :4 GB DDR3

Cheers ! :D

no change,

id changed to imac9.1, i even try to use my old ssdt files instead of the pss and cst generator, but i still have bad performances

I assume at 3.16GHz you're OC'd.

Does voodoomonitor and system profiler show correct CPU frequency?

Works - Booted OK - but got this in verbose mode.

1/6/11 9:33:36 AM kernel Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.mach, v10.6: already have loaded v10.5.

1/6/11 9:33:36 AM kernel Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.iokit, v10.6: already have loaded v10.5.

1/6/11 9:33:36 AM kernel Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.libkern, v10.6: already have loaded v10.5.

1/6/11 9:33:36 AM kernel Refusing new kext com.apple.kpi.unsupported, v10.6: already have loaded v10.5.

1/6/11 9:33:36 AM kernel Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

SOLVED ! kernel and kextcache were not updated on raid partitions.

update went well everything works g31m-s2l nvidia 8600 256 just 662 sound kext in e/e

app store login fails with MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey_message

apparently somat to do with uuid ,issue also affecting real macs so i hope theres a workround soon

Here are some things I have learned about this problem:

People who have used a cloned drive to setup a new computer seem to be experiencing this problem the most.

Users with this problem report other Macs working with their login.

Speculation is that the Hardware UUID for people who used a clone on a new machine, or migration assistant is not reporting correctly, causing this problem.

I assume at 3.16GHz you're OC'd.

no, 3.16ghz is the native frequency for my C2D e8500, and everything is fine (or seems to be fine) in sysctl, sysprofiler and ioregistry, really i don't understand,

if i got some time to loose i will investigate further and try to upgrade to 10.6.6 on a fresh install, but for now i need my performances back, so back to 10.6.5.

AppleHDA 1.7.9 was and is loaded before and after the update for my ALC889 for what it worth.

Thanx a lot ;)

Updated to 10.6.6 -- everything's OK. No need to patch AppleHDA.kext for ALC 888 :D

Updated to 10.6.6 without any problems on EP45-DS3R, C2D E7300 (using CARTRI mac bios).

Sleep works as usual, sound also no problems. the App Store is really cool. i was a little scared when they first unveil it but now my opinion has changed. it is very useful and fun. no problems with installing apps.

noob question...

After I download and install the 10.6.6 update, do I need to run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] again before rebooting (like I did when I built my Hackintosh from the Lifehacker tutorial?)

http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-build...ight-easy-steps (step 6).

no, 3.16ghz is the native frequency for my C2D e8500, and everything is fine (or seems to be fine) in sysctl, sysprofiler and ioregistry, really i don't understand,

if i got some time to loose i will investigate further and try to upgrade to 10.6.6 on a fresh install, but for now i need my performances back, so back to 10.6.5.

Good luck ;)

update went well everything works g31m-s2l nvidia 8600 256 just 662 sound kext in e/e

app store login fails with MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey_message

apparently somat to do with uuid ,issue also affecting real macs so i hope theres a workround soon

Here are some things I have learned about this problem:

People who have used a cloned drive to setup a new computer seem to be experiencing this problem the most.

Users with this problem report other Macs working with their login.

Speculation is that the Hardware UUID for people who used a clone on a new machine, or migration assistant is not reporting correctly, causing this problem.

I'm having this exact same problem. My login works fine on my real iMac but not my hacPro. I'm running the Kabyl RC5 bootloader for ATI 5770 support. Which bootloader version are you running?

-Ron