2 replies to this topic

firedemon

firedemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Computers, IT, Programming
Hello, dear members of InsanelyMac community!
I am seeking help to resolve one last problem, which stands between me and my Acer Aspire 5720ZG laptop fully working on Mac.

Problem is:
In Sound Preferences there are 2 output devices - Speaker (CD) and SPDIF Out (Black Front).
Speakers are fully working, without any glitches or freezes. But when I choose my headphones, volume selection is gone and there is no sound coming off the headphones.
I read few topics about that, and in Audio MIDI Setup changed format to 48000 Hz and to 2ch-16bit. However, nothing changed.. If headphones are plugged sound comes from speakers, but when I choose headphones manually there isn't sound at all.

I am using iAtkos s3v2, updated from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5. Audio drivers are standart from that package (VoodooHDA+AppleHDA - I don't know which from them is giving an effect). If I try to update/delete these sound drivers sound disappears. Latest VoodooHDA shows me Speaker (ATAPI) instead of (CD) and I don't get any sound at all. Returning these drivers won't fix the problem - only reinstalling of iAtkos.

My audiocard is Realtec ALC268 and it's working on Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller.

Hope you will help me to fix my headphone problems and make me fully-working HackBook.
In any additional information is needed - just write to me and I'll try to provide it.

Attaching some screenshots and getdump log if it's needed...

Happy Holidays and please find some time to help me :)

Attached Files

firedemon

firedemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Computers, IT, Programming
Moderators, please move this topic to "Sound" section of "Hardware" forum, because there I have much more chances to be heard..
Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

lazzy

lazzy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i have the same problem with my Acer 7720G
I dont have any probleme with headphones but SPDIF ALC 268 doesn't work.
if you have something news please let me know
we keep in touch my email : lazzyvn@ yahoo. com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy