Slick hackintosh cases

bofors

104 posts in this topic

I'm buying Antec Three Hundred tomorrow. Quite simply, but still beautiful :)

antecthreehundreddp5.th.jpg

I'm very happy with my Antec "300" case. Very flexible. I use an Antec 500 "EarthWatts" PSU in this one.

This was purchased after an Antec Sonata III case, which included an Antec 500 "EarthWatts" PSU.

The "300" is better balanced as the PSU is on the bottom (the PSU is mounted upside-down).

The "300" isn't as good for stacking as there is a fan on the top.

An aside: the MSI case build quality is very high, but, alas, the MSI case I have supports a six-slot mobo. not a seven-slot mobo, such as most of the P35s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why bother trying to look like a Mac. My last tower was a G5 and prior to that a G4MDD, the G5 and new Pro cases are HUGE. If that's the focal point of your room then, well, fine but how about a HTPC case?

I've got a Silverstone LC17-B

post-232608-1235372576_thumb.jpg

Works perfectly on my studio desk with the audio gear, it's quiet, tons of HD storage(5), Firewire & 4 USB out the front and totally unobtrusive fold down front panel door and 2 optical drive bay doors. Not to mention a full compliment of PCI space - whatever your board has. What more does one need aside from all those 5.25 and 3.5" gizmos that don't work in OSX anyway?

post-232608-1235372939_thumb.jpg

post-232608-1235372690_thumb.jpg