My dual bott won't boot OSX

Dancerchick

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I am hoping there is someone here who can help me. I'm not a genius with computers, but I"m a fast learner and follow directions well, so if you can maybe point me in the right direction that's a start. I have a dual boot system that is running OSX nd dWindows 7. The other day I had to do a hard rest from the Mac side and was not paying attention when it booted to windows. I tried turning it off and on before ti loaded which was obviously a mistake. I had to run a recovery disk for windows 7 to fix the boot sector. Then the computer would turn on but it bypasses the selector that allows me to choose mac or pc (from what I can tell this is the EFI-X screen, cylinders with window or mac or dvd logo on them). So after a bit of research I tried installing EasyBCD. Now I get a black screen with white writing asking which operating system I would like to boot. Not what I had but ok. BUT then when I try to boot OSX it gives me a kernel panic error. AHHG! I've been trying to read up on how this system is set up but nothing has helped me figure out how to fix it. I don't even know what's wrong. Any suggestions??

Hello, I am hoping there is someone here who can help me. I'm not a genius with computers, but I"m a fast learner and follow directions well, so if you can maybe point me in the right direction that's a start. I have a dual boot system that is running OSX nd dWindows 7. The other day I had to do a hard rest from the Mac side and was not paying attention when it booted to windows. I tried turning it off and on before ti loaded which was obviously a mistake. I had to run a recovery disk for windows 7 to fix the boot sector. Then the computer would turn on but it bypasses the selector that allows me to choose mac or pc (from what I can tell this is the EFI-X screen, cylinders with window or mac or dvd logo on them). So after a bit of research I tried installing EasyBCD. Now I get a black screen with white writing asking which operating system I would like to boot. Not what I had but ok. BUT then when I try to boot OSX it gives me a kernel panic error. AHHG! I've been trying to read up on how this system is set up but nothing has helped me figure out how to fix it. I don't even know what's wrong. Any suggestions??

Use EasyBCD 1.7.2 and select "Generic x86" or something like that in Mac OS X. Also, make sure your SATA mode in BIOS is set AHCI. Refer to this article for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

Use the Fix it for me exe and reboot in AHCI mode.

Or if you want, you can set the Mac OS X partition as the active partition.

Hope this helps,

Gyroknight :(