Configuration MacOSX 10.6.4
Host: MacPro 3.1 Ref. MA970 * / A "Early 2008"
Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz (E5462) "Harpertown"
Number Processors: 2
CPU Level 2 cache = 6MB
Possible start untill the gray Apple and the gear, and then frozen screen.
Mac cannot boot on Apple install DVD
Applejack control: most of the time, no problem, except sometimes CPU issue reported.
Sometimes (exceptionally) normal startup but once under Finder quick frozen screen.
Power: No problem
Battery: No problem
SCM: No problem
Permissions: No problem
Internal Drive: No problem
fsck: No problem
Apple Hardware Test: No problem (???!!)
What was tested:
Starting in safe mode: screen freezes before the PW window.
I think it is a failure on one of the 2 processors. Do you agree?
- Do you have any other tests to try?
- How to confirm this hypothesis?
- Is it possible to know if one of the 2 processors is down without removing it?
- Is it easy to remove them?
- Can this Mac temporarily work with only one of his 2 processors?
Must it be replaced by the same model of Xeon (upper model possible)?
- Are E5462 Xeon Apple frienfly?
Thanks to help me.
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users