• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

NerdmastaX

NerdmastaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have install mac osx once but I can't get it working again :/ I have the 10a432 dmg on a flash drive with the boot file and extra folder. It boots up but then quickly kernel panics about a mis-match in cpu and kernel.

any help?
thanks!

may not apply to the cr48 specifically but every time i get a kernel panic i look it up for hours only for someone to say "burn it again at a slower speed, or use a diff image(iso)" it may sound very generic but it works for me, i suggest trying that in addition to searching the forums for similar probs... also "10a432 dmg" is so vauge i have no idea where to begin to help you, whatever dmg you are using try and hash check it to make sure its correct..

SteelFlexInc

SteelFlexInc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Could someone please help me get Snow Leopard up and running? I tried Hazard 10.6.2, Retail, SnowOSX UniFlash but none are working. The only tools I have are two 4gb flash drives, an 8gb flash drive, Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04, and TransMac. Please help me with lots of detail as I am kinda inexperienced with native hackintoshing.

Could someone please help me get Snow Leopard up and running? I tried Hazard 10.6.2, Retail, SnowOSX UniFlash but none are working. The only tools I have are two 4gb flash drives, an 8gb flash drive, Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04, and TransMac. Please help me with lots of detail as I am kinda inexperienced with native hackintoshing.

nutt318

nutt318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Well I've been trying this with the 10.6.7 install image along with loading the Chameleon v2 RC5 on my external hd. I've copied the extra file over and also found TeaTeams 10.7 mach kernel and swapped that out.

However when I boot I use a -v and get the following error, anyone have any ideas?

Images attached.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files

SteelFlexInc

SteelFlexInc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was getting the same kernel panic using 10.6.2 SnowyOSX Uniflash. Did you modify the dsdt.aml? You weren't supposed to anyway. If that helps at all.

nutt318

nutt318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
which one should i use for the 10.6.7?

also should i need to modify the file?

thanks

JCoinster

JCoinster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have finally put OS X on my CR48. Now that i'm here, I hope to continue this "Work in Progress"

Cheers!

stargazer418

stargazer418

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I'm currently installing 10.6 on my Cr-48. So far, I have no use of the trackpad, so I'm navigating the installer by keyboard. Anyone else with this problem?

JCoinster

JCoinster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I had the exact problem. Once you finish the install, go into settings and click trackpad and enable "Clicking"
If that's not there, download these files http://www.mediafire...2qfxpvmqgugy3d2 and install them by using this http://cheetha.net/

That solved my problem.

Is everyone's audio working? That's my only issue.

Edit: I got it, somehow.

Now for Quartz Extreme......

JCoinster

JCoinster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

A couple of questions:

Is the sensitivity in OS X on a CR-48 any less "touchy" than Windows 7, XP, or Chrome? I always find the trackpad to be jumpy b/c I click with my thumb and tend to navigate with my index finger. I don't want to go through the trouble of loading if nothing has been done to fix this, drives me crazy. :)

I see many use Chameleon as their bootloader. I was curious if there is another bootloader anyone has successfully used to load OS X onto the CR-48. Not a big fan of the cutesy stuff at boot with Chameleon, personal preference I guess.

New here, though looked for years and have built a few Hackintoshes now along with having owned countless Macs.

The mouse is actually MORE enjoyable in OSX since you can even modify the thresholds.
As for chameleon, if you set it to automatically load osx, there's no menu or obnoxious pictures

JCoinster

JCoinster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thank You for both answers. :)

The synaptic driver in windows, the full driver, has a bunch of settings of which 90% are worthless and don't address the finickiness.

As far as the chameleon, very nice. I was hoping for just an Apple and done like a normal Apple portable. :) That works. :)

I see people are working on Atom support for Lion as well. +1 again! :)

The only issue with these laptops is support for the GMA 3150 (Which is one of the most popular CPUs on netbooks as well)
People are still trying though! It doesnt affect you so much though, just a note

FraggerMan

FraggerMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I have gotten as far as the Terms of service page, and i can't do anything since there is no touchpad.. i tried putting a usb mouse to the laptop, but it wouldn't work. any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy