• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

pj.paito

pj.paito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I believe just find a mach_kernel_atom thats the for 10.6.6 and put it in the root directory and set your boot.plist to boot using it :/

I am back in Chrome OS and I really don't have fast enough internet to try right now sorry.

I would wait for teateam to update his thread here with the right kernel because 10.6.6 is so new right now: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=197020

kwiksilver

kwiksilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Any more progress on sleep or getting 10.6.6?

crimsonredmk

crimsonredmk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'll be trying this guide tonight. I had a bunch of Linuxes on mine and now have Windows 7, but 1GB free space isn't enough, and I love Mac OS X.

crimsonredmk

crimsonredmk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You'll need a mouse to enable the click button on the trackpad, but otherwise 10.6.0 works fine. I'm still not having luck booting into 10.6.5 after the update though. Stuck on "Waiting for DSMOS..." - I must have missed something.

Edit: Booted to the pretty wallpaper where the mouse is in the corner, but it's frozen like that. Can't move the mouse, but the pointer changes from a regular pointer to the beachball, back and forth, and nothing else happens.

kwiksilver

kwiksilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Did you change your boot kernel to something that supports an atom?

LeeZilla

LeeZilla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am curious on the status of Snow on CR-48? Anyone running it on a regular basis? Any luck on the QE/CI acceleration with 3150 chipset? Sleep?

How do you find performance to be? Is it generally useful?

deleteme111

deleteme111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
So far I do not have Bluetooth, Sleep, 3G, and of course QE/CI. Can anyone help me with those first three?
And I have not tested VGA if anyone knows how that is working.

kwiksilver

kwiksilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
has anyone tried any of the sleepenabler.kexts ?

enochpc

enochpc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Just received my cr-48 today. I had given up on getting one, actually. I plan on putting it through the paces for awhile before I start trying to put osx on it. Actually making this post on it. So far I think for what it is it's pretty cool. If they keep the price down on these things I can see them working well. My dad for one would be a good person for one of these.

keplenk

keplenk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the great guide!

I just have a question on how to flash back to the original stock CR48 BIOS (maybe UEFI?).

Is it the same process?

1.) Boot to Ubuntu, then run flashrom on the backed BIOS. If you don't have ubuntu, try a live usb?

Is this the command to run?

flashrom -w backup.bin

Of course, the backup.bin is the file that was generated when you ran "flashrom -r" earlier.

2.) Let's say with that command, it returned to the original Chrome BIOS (or UEFI?), you reboot and then you see the sad face -- then you press spacebar -- then insert your Google USB recovery -- wait until it restores -- then is it done?

Will that method work? Please let me know as I really want to try this. Thanks!

crimsonredmk

crimsonredmk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Does anyone know if WPA/2 Enterprise works fine? It worked great on Windows 7 for me, doesn't work at all on Chrome OS, and keeps losing the connection on Ubuntu and Arch Linux...

edfungus

edfungus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So far I do not have Bluetooth, Sleep, 3G, and of course QE/CI. Can anyone help me with those first three?
And I have not tested VGA if anyone knows how that is working.

VGA is a little wonky. There is an output; however, the output is unknown and the monitor just flashes "input not supported". Well at least to my monitor, tv and projector.

enochpc

enochpc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Finally tore into this thing and put OSX on it. Using Meklort Netbookinstaller I can get a working 10.6 on there quite easily. I have to install voodoohda.pkg seperately, but it works. So far updating hasn't had much luck. I have tried three attempts at 10.6.4 only to start over each time (I don't really have a good backup strategy for this machine yet, so Carbon Copy Cloner isn't really an option at this time). According to Meklort, it will update to 10.6.3 without any issue, so that's my next step. Someone else is picking up where Meklort left off, so hopefully soon we will have QE/CL.

NerdmastaX

NerdmastaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,

Thanks for the great guide!

I just have a question on how to flash back to the original stock CR48 BIOS (maybe UEFI?).

Is it the same process?

1.) Boot to Ubuntu, then run flashrom on the backed BIOS. If you don't have ubuntu, try a live usb?

Is this the command to run?

flashrom -w backup.bin

Of course, the backup.bin is the file that was generated when you ran "flashrom -r" earlier.

2.) Let's say with that command, it returned to the original Chrome BIOS (or UEFI?), you reboot and then you see the sad face -- then you press spacebar -- then insert your Google USB recovery -- wait until it restores -- then is it done?

Will that method work? Please let me know as I really want to try this. Thanks!

you probably already figured this out but yes thats the right way, but for me i actually had to install ubuntu to get it to work...

but anyways im another cr-48 tester and i am planning on staying flashed so that i can use this as a pc (or mac) I am curious about one thing though, how does video play on the machine, i know qe/ci arent working but is mac truly usable assuming you have a mouse and dont care about sleep, will hulu play? or youtube? or even an avi file, if so ill start installing it right away so i can help work out the kinks.

osx86 is about the only mainstream os i havent tried yet

enochpc

enochpc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I successfully updated to 10.6.3. Right now I am cloning to my backup disk, will let you know on the video after I complete that. Not a bad little Macbook for free. Hopefully they get the Graphics sorted then it will be awesome (sleep might be nice to, I'm still playing around with that.)

NerdmastaX

NerdmastaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I successfully updated to 10.6.3. Right now I am cloning to my backup disk, will let you know on the video after I complete that. Not a bad little Macbook for free. Hopefully they get the Graphics sorted then it will be awesome (sleep might be nice to, I'm still playing around with that.)

Dang its takin awhile to back up 16gb, lol j/k i appreciate you letting me know tho, i do wonder what exactly is going on regarding the graphics, i thought gma chipsets were working. it did on the lil netbook i used to have. Is there a way i could help? my knowlege of mac is decent, im in between intermediate and beginner. and i do have a lil common sense.

looking foward to hearing about video playback tho.

-john

enochpc

enochpc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Sorry got a little distracted. Hulu and Youtube are both crashtastic. Flash crashes trying to play videos. I'll try a little later to get an AVI to play. I am currently just hoping to use this for typing an light we surfing, so it should work.

By the way, successfully updated to 10.6.7. It's a little slow, but usable.

NerdmastaX

NerdmastaX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well i would try it if i knew how to use meklort but i dont have a mac to do it on... do ya think i could poke your brain over gmail chat or yahoo or something? it would be nice to hear from a fellow cr48 hacker, im in win 7 atm. my screename is the same for yahoo and gmail if ya get the chance

-john

enochpc

enochpc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I'll try to get on for awhile tonight, see if I can be any help, I'm still fairly new at this, although I think with half a dozen successes under my belt I can claim intermediate status.

By the way, Meklort does have non-mac instructions, if you look under the guides section. Not sure how well they work, but they do have them.

edfungus

edfungus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have install mac osx once but I can't get it working again :/ I have the 10a432 dmg on a flash drive with the boot file and extra folder. It boots up but then quickly kernel panics about a mis-match in cpu and kernel.

any help?
thanks!

--UPDATE--
never mind, if someone else has this issue, copy the disabler.kext from chameleon into the extra/extensions folder and you should be fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy