Please help a brother out.
If someone has managed to put OS X on this can you please take a few minutes to write a detailed guide? I have been working all day on it, but I don't know enough about OS X.
I know its a lot to ask but I have searched GOOGLE up and down and CANNOT find a detailed guide on how to install OS X. It would BE AMAZING if someone can share the love and write one. I would forever be great full, as I'm sure others would be.
Heres what I have. I have a 10.6.3 installation disk, and I can get that onto a USB drive via Disk Utility (im using a VMWare of mac, I have no real mac).
From there, I can't figure it out. I've messed around with NBI and #####
, but I'm not 100% sure what i'm doing with those.
1) Use Disk Utility to make a DMG of your Snow Leopard install DVD. (I can do this)
2) Restore that image to a GPT-Partitioned flash drive. ( I can do this)
3) Install Chameleon there, and copy the Extra folder and "boot" file to the root of the flash drive. (I have NO Clue how to do this, because I cant explore the drive, and I don't know how to install chameleon) Edit: I can get the cr-48 to start the installation, but i cannot click with the trackpad (I can move the mouse, just not click) so i cannot use disk utilities to format the drive.
3.5) If your installation DVD is with 10.6.3, download the teateam kernel for that from here and place it on the root of the flash drive, and modify com.apple.Boot.plist accordingly. (mine IS 10.6.3 and i've downloaded the kernel, but do NOT know how to modify com.apple.Boot.plist correctly)
4) Install Mac OS X to the SSD. (Can't get this far)
5) Reboot from the flash drive to get into the new installation. Install chameleon to the SSD and copy the needed files (boot, kernel, Extra). ( would need further explaination of this)
5) Combo update to 10.6.5, and delete AppleHDA.kext before you reboot. Place in VoodooHDA.kext, and use Kext Utility to fix things up. (update is now 10.6.6, and need better info of this)