maybe a stupid question for AMD snow Leopard installation

caihuachengAlex

1 post in this topic

I am trying to install Snow Leopard10.6.3 on my AMD platform.

However I am not sure I am doing the right way.

First I tried with DVD-ROM, I have a IDE DVD-ROM, I don't if it works. however, i always get error something like "Snow Leopard can't be intalled in this computer" , something like that.

2nd, I try to use bootthink2.4.6. however, I am not sure if I need to replace the mach_kernel with Legacy_kernel? and how? I download some file like legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg. Am I doing right - just RENAME the legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg to mach_kernel and replace the one in the root from the DVD. I guess it is wrong. because I got "mach-0 has bad magic number".

I am so frustrated there are many many guides, but no one manage to explain some simple step which could waste a lot of time for beginner.

Anyone can help here? Thanks.

Yeah, I forgot mention my configuration: M3N78-EM, AMD 4850e, MSI 9800GT, 3 HDD(one IDE, 2 SATA, set AHCI mode in BIOS), what else is important?