Nikon D80 is out

Swad

9 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also in the market for Nikon D80 Digital Camera. I have been reading expert reviews and that has been useful to me. It may be help you too. I had been using PCWorld.com, cnet.com to find reviews. Yesterday I used PriceGrabber's expert review tab (http://www.pricegrabber.com/info_expertrev...sterid=23760802) and found a site (www.smartratings.com) that aggregates expert reviews. It only covers a few categories but it is pretty neat. Just my $.02.

The D80 is nice, when I bought my Canon Rebel XTi, the D80 was my other choice. However I found that the extra $400 or so didn't offer much. I also have used Canon Products alot and have some trust in them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one since about mid-November last year... The reason I got it is because of the nice 10.1 mega pixels and it's ability to take some of my older Nikkor lenses. It is definitely a good buy for someone that wants something better then the D50 or 70. The interface has been upgraded and is easier to use, but still as flexible for your needs. Another plus is the larger screen. A feature that I use for every shot is RAW. Overall this camera is good for the more advanced consumer. If you want something more advanced/professional go with the D200.

A good photographer can take an amazing shot with any kind of camera whether it be a million dollar camera or a crappy disposable.