VoodooPS2 optimized for Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,600 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
I rebuilt (and slightly rewrote) VoodooPS2 for Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger.
This does not need a nub so delete AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext before install (Don't delete on Tiger though).
The nub is built directly into the VoodooPS2Controller.
For Tiger the nub is dropped because it is present allready in AppleACPIPlatform.kext's plugins.
I also implemented Slice's multimedia keys fix (working now) and the high resolution fix (2400 dpi for Synaptics).
NOTE: If you have a Synaptics touchpad make sure to set the speed to high prior to installation (in Apple Trackpad prefpane).
The speed of the Synaptics touchpad now starts on max (new fix).
The tapping function for ALPS should work too now...
Happy X-Mas to everybody too and a happy new year. ;)

Download including sources:
http://rapidshare.co...0/VoodooPS2.zip
Or download below...
The built products are under build/Release (Tiger/Leopard)

Attached Files

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Does this kext support the two finger scrolling function? If not, is it implementable? Also, pardon my ignorance, but where does one place the synapticsconfigload file? Thank You.

thanh hoang

thanh hoang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

This does not need a nub so delete AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext before install.
Happy X-Mas to everybody too. :)

Download including sources:
http://rapidshare.co...3/VoodooPS2.zip
Or download below...
The built products are under build/Release (Tiger/Leopard)

Thanks, but works with USB keyboard with number pad? I have broblem with any main Gigabyte, when i install any version of voodooPS2 and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext=> number doesnt work, I contunieus insatall Apple PS2 and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext=> number doesnt work
=> I will test and report this version, thanks Andy

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Hi Andy, thanks for rewriting the driver.And I have a ALPS trackpad, I can get tap, two finger scroll after installing, but I can see some debug information in the kernel log. like this:
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickTime Value: 500000000
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickSpace Value: ??
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDKeyRepeat Value: 83333333
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDInitialKeyRepeat Value: 500000000
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDPointerAcceleration Value: 45056
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDScrollAcceleration Value: 20480
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDPointerButtonMode Value: 2
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDF12EjectDelay Value: 250
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDSlowKeysDelay Value: 0
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysDisabled Value: 0
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysOn Value: 0
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDStickyKeysShiftToggles Value: 0
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDMouseKeysOptionToggles Value: 0
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDFKeyMode Value: 0
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickSpace Value: ??
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDClickTime Value: 500000000
Dec 24 09:35:09 Zproods-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters Value: ??

Is this possible to hide ?

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,600 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...
Added new version with certain ALPS trackpad fixes.

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.
Hi Andy, the secondversion works flawlessy on my vaio with alps, also 2 finger scrolling, but the difference with my previous version with 1 only finger scrolling is that now, with 2, the scroll is faster, so can you make it more slow. To play with prefpane not solve the problem;)

Thanks

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Hi Andy, the secondversion works flawlessy on my vaio with alps, also 2 finger scrolling, but the difference with my previous version with 1 only finger scrolling is that now, with 2, the scroll is faster, so can you make it more slow. To play with prefpane not solve the problem;)

Thanks

You can use a custom Trackpad.prefPane to control the scrolling speed among other options of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext Just remove or overwrite the existing Apple Trackpad.prefPane in your /System/Library/PreferencePanes directory, also remove any other Trackpad.prefPanes to ensure that no other Trackpad.prefPane exists in any of the other preference pane directories of your system.

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.
DarwinX, i have written:

To play with prefpane not solve the problem

;)

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

DarwinX, i have written:

:unsure:

Did you try the preference pane that I have uploaded? The one that came with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext or Apple's own Trackpad.prefpane has NEVER worked for me, this one is completely different and it works quite well. Although, I am unsure of its origins.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,877 posts
Great Andy that you decided to optimize the driver. All users say "thanks" that is strange.
Multimedia special keys are not working because Voodoo authors forget to correct function "defaultKeymapOfLength". And you also. Previously I explained what is what.
Additions
//Slice - additional keys
		0x0d, // following are 13 special keys
		0x04,0x39,  //caps lock
		0x05,0x72,  //NX_KEYTYPE_HELP is 5, ADB code is 0x72
		0x06,0x7f,  //NX_POWER_KEY is 6, ADB code is 0x7f
		0x07,0x4a,  //NX_KEYTYPE_MUTE is 7, ADB code is 0x4a
		0x00,0x48,  //NX_KEYTYPE_SOUND_UP is 0, ADB code is 0x48
		0x01,0x49,  //NX_KEYTYPE_SOUND_DOWN is 1, ADB code is 0x49
		// remove arrow keys as special keys. They are generating double up/down scroll events
		// in both carbon and coco apps.
		//0x08,0x7e,  //NX_UP_ARROW_KEY is 8, ADB is 3e raw, 7e virtual (KMAP)
		//0x09,0x7d,  //NX_DOWN_ARROW_KEY is 9, ADB is 0x3d raw, 7d virtual
		//Slice
		0x0d,0x50, //Launch Panel ?
		0x0f,0x4d, //VIDMIRROR
		0x10,0x34, //PLAY 
		0x11,0x42, //NEXT
		0x12,0x40, //PREVIOUS
		0x14,0x3f, //REWIND

//
		0x0a,0x47   //NX_KEYTYPE_NUM_LOCK is 10, ADB combines with CLEAR key for numlock
And iTunes works with multimedia keys!

Now looking here
case 0x21: keyCode = 0x54; break;		//E021 = calculator
	  case 0x16: keyCode = 0x55; break;		//E016 = logout

case 0x4c: keyCode = 0x5A; break;		//E04c = My documents
	  case 0x32: keyCode = 0x5B; break;		//E032 = WWW
It will be good if works. But the HID system has no such events. The keys are useless.

I have ALPS GlidePoint and interesting in this driver. Twofinger scroll works! But tapping - no. I don't know yet how to do this but I know that tapping works if PS2Mouse driver used instead.
I rewrite prefPane to be APLS.prefPane. (just change synaptic to alps inside sources)
Here is my result for Snow
Attached File  ReleaseALPS.zip   189.27KB   376 downloads

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Thank You, Slice. The iTunes multimedia keys are now properly working. Also, your VoodooPS2.prefPanel now loads with no errors yet doesn't seem to actually affect any settings.

One noob question though, where does one place the alpsconfigload file, system root?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,877 posts

Thank You, Slice. The iTunes multimedia keys are now properly working. Also, your VoodooPS2.prefPanel now loads with no errors yet doesn't seem to actually affect any settings.

It needs to be studied.

One noob question though, where does one place the alpsconfigload file, system root?

I can proposed the following.
Place it into /usr/local/bin/
then create script
#!/bin/bash
alpsconfigload
save it as
/etc/rc.local
if it still not exists. Or add to existing.
The script is running at logon.

I afraid that this utility also has no effect.

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Hey SantaAndy thanks for your gifts!

Do you think that your PS2 kext will work on my Dell Mini 10v (1011) that's already using a Synaptics-compatible trackpad driver from meklort's excellent "NetBook Installer" package? I certainly don't want to mess up a working solution by removing/adding PS2 kexts! Do you want me to provide any more info that might help you tell me if it's compatible or not? Currently using ApplePS2Controller.kext with mouse/keyboard/trackpad plugins and ACPIPS2Nub.kext...

Cheers!

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

It seems to be, I install your mod version, when open terminal windows try to run it, but do not have effect.
Zproods-MacBook-Pro:Release Zprood$ ls
VoodooPS2.prefpane	alpsconfigload
Zproods-MacBook-Pro:Release Zprood$ sudo ./alpsconfigload 
Password:
No ApplePS2APLSGlidePoint found

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

It needs to be studied.
I can proposed the following.
Place it into /usr/local/bin/
then create script

#!/bin/bash
	 alpsconfigload
save it as
/etc/rc.local
if it still not exists. Or add to existing.
The script is running at logon.

Am I to understand that this VoodooPS2.prefPane is currently useless even with the alpsconfigload and the script to run it? If so, I shall continue using my current Trackpad.prefPane referenced a few posts above. Slice, Andy, or anyone else for that matter, would you possibly look into that particular preference pane to determine what allows it to affect the VoodooPS2Controller.kext settings? Thanks!

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,877 posts
Attached File  __________________________2010_12_29____12.48.30.png   41.32KB   75 downloads
Why not attach here?

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
I'm not sure if my question is appropriate I have no idea wha ALPS is... but, can this project support also the "old" original apple trackpad to enable gesture on the old MB and MBP?

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts
Hi Andy,
Thanks for you hard work.
Is it possible to get rid of doubled VoodooPS2trackpad and VoodooPS2Keyboard on devices PS2K and PS2M?
Attached File  adammac.ioreg.zip   384.38KB   55 downloads

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,877 posts
Tiger's release in topic does not work.
Symbol PE_parse_boot_argn not found.
Use PE_parse_boot_arg always for Tiger instead.

EDITED:
The idea to port the driver into Tiger is wrong at initial

This does not need a nub so delete AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext before install.

The nub always presents in Tiger as part of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, not as plugin but embedded. So we can't exclude it and VoodooPS2 even corrected to Tiger conflicts with ACPIPlatform. That's all.
Use existing ApplePS2Controller for Tiger.

My Synaptics trackpad works with Apple's driver and with Apple's prefPane. It supports tapping but have no scroll function. May be it worth to port some trackpad codes from Voodoo project back into Apple's one.

NIXin

NIXin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hey Andy,
This works great, but the TrackPoint doesn't work with IBM Thinkpads when using your version.

Cheers
NIXin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy