Zydas is working on an x86 wireless driver

manifold_family

161 posts in this topic

I have a ZyXEL AG-255H that uses the ZD1211B chipset. It works just fine with the ZyXEL driver 4.5.8.0 and WLAN utility. The only problem is I noticed in Activity Monitor that the WLAN utility is using 30-35% CPU utilization at all times. It pretty much made my entire machine pretty draggy, and now I've switched to a wireless bridge instead and everything is so much faster. Anyone else notice this problem? Is there any way to bypass that silly utility and have OS X manage wireless like you can with Windows? If I close the utility, I lose my wireless connection.

I guess I could stick to using the bridge, but it's quite a bit larger and has an AC adapter that I have to manually unplug when I'm not using it.

• 2 months later...

hi,

i have a planex gw-us54gz wlan adapter. i have tried Tek_No's method (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=121965) but it didn't work. i'm not sure whether my adapter is ZD1211 or ZD1215, so i tried both of them. but the WLAN application didn't even detected my adapter in both ways. i guess it's because the method is for Tiger, not Leopard. am i right? is there any solutions for leopard? i'm running leo4all 10.5.2. and here's what the system information say:

DeviceID:0x0001

VendorID:0x046a

thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've installed ideneb 1.6 Lite (10.5.8)

I've Atlantis Land A02-UP-W54 USB wifi.

And in System Profiler, in the Usb Section, I see

USB 2.0 WLAN

Id prodotto: 0x1215

Id fornitore: 0x0ace

Versione 48.10

Speed: Fino a 480 Mb/s

Produttore: ZyDAS

ID posizione: 0xfd300000

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 500

The WLAN App see the adapter!

but when I scan for access point, it doesn't find anything.

In system preferences-> Network

The adapter appear like ETHERNET but doesn't work :(

What I do?

• 1 month later...
hi,

i have a planex gw-us54gz wlan adapter. i have tried Tek_No's method (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=121965) but it didn't work. i'm not sure whether my adapter is ZD1211 or ZD1215, so i tried both of them. but the WLAN application didn't even detected my adapter in both ways. i guess it's because the method is for Tiger, not Leopard. am i right? is there any solutions for leopard? i'm running leo4all 10.5.2. and here's what the system information say:

DeviceID:0x0001

VendorID:0x046a

thanks in advance!

YES!

Me too!

Anybody can help us?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

I've installed ideneb 1.6 Lite (10.5.8)

I've Atlantis Land A02-UP-W54 USB wifi.

And in System Profiler, in the Usb Section, I see

USB 2.0 WLAN

Id prodotto: 0x1215

Id fornitore: 0x0ace

Versione 48.10

Speed: Fino a 480 Mb/s

Produttore: ZyDAS

ID posizione: 0xfd300000

Corrente disponibile (mA): 500

Corrente necessaria (mA): 500

The WLAN App see the adapter!

but when I scan for access point, it doesn't find anything.

In system preferences-> Network

The adapter appear like ETHERNET but doesn't work :(

What I do?

I've your sam wireless usb wifi, and it doesn't work. What can i do?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Found Leopard solution, tested on PPC! (G4 mac mini -not intel)

Found the newest driver for my Sagem XG-762N, which should have the Zydas chipset discussed above and it works on Leopard!

News is the latest driver is NOT 4_5_7_0 but 4_5_10_0!

Here's where I found it:

ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_10_0.dmg

So if you want it working on Leopard, this driver is the way to go. Remember to uninstall the old driver with the uninstall program before installing this one.

Steps are:

(Do not plug in the wifi dongle until it is described in the list. Then I cannot guarantee it will work)

1. Uninstall old version, use the uninstaller from the link

2. Restart

3. Install new driver - Let it restart after install

4. After restart - 1st Exit the WLan utility program. (Installed in applications/Utilities so you know where to find it again)

5. Plug in the USB Dongle

5. It will promt to open Network preferences, click "Apply" and wait a moment until it turns green.

6. Start the Wlan utility. Go to setup->Open Setup Window.

If you have problems, try experimenting a bit with plugging in and out the dongle, without and with wlan connected etc.

Good luck!

• 10 months later...

Found Leopard solution, tested on PPC! (G4 mac mini -not intel)

Found the newest driver for my Sagem XG-762N, which should have the Zydas chipset discussed above and it works on Leopard!

News is the latest driver is NOT 4_5_7_0 but 4_5_10_0!

Here's where I found it:

ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_10_0.dmg

So if you want it working on Leopard, this driver is the way to go. Remember to uninstall the old driver with the uninstall program before installing this one.

Steps are:

(Do not plug in the wifi dongle until it is described in the list. Then I cannot guarantee it will work)

1. Uninstall old version, use the uninstaller from the link

2. Restart

3. Install new driver - Let it restart after install

4. After restart - 1st Exit the WLan utility program. (Installed in applications/Utilities so you know where to find it again)

5. Plug in the USB Dongle

5. It will promt to open Network preferences, click "Apply" and wait a moment until it turns green.

6. Start the Wlan utility. Go to setup->Open Setup Window.

If you have problems, try experimenting a bit with plugging in and out the dongle, without and with wlan connected etc.

Good luck!

I installed this driver, but it still require me to unplug/plug my WL630USB adapter on boot up.