• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

an4rew

an4rew

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Everything Mac, Football, Music, Gaming, MotoGP, Beautiful Women.
I have the Belkin v4 and it works fine with Zydas Utility but when i restart i always have to disconnect/reconnect the adapter for it to show up again. Seems like a bug :unsure:

MacOsX-Lepre

MacOsX-Lepre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi guys.
I've got a Fiberline WL-430U wifi usb dongle.

I've 2 version of it: early one and last one.

I've installed the ZyDAS 4.5.7.0 driver from WEB, 10.4 version.
In the ZD1211Mac.kext and in the ZD1215Mac.kext files I've read the info.plist file and I've found EXACTLY the IDproduct and IDvendor of my dongles (decimal format), first one in the 1211 and second one in 1215.

I think that I don't need any hack (luckly, isn't?) :)

I've rebooted, the dongles seems to be viewed from ZD software (it appear as ZyDAS USB2.0 WLAN) but I cannot see any SSID on the "available network" tab.
Why? :D

I've tried also to hack the info.plist but nothing changes.

I've a notebook with Intel Pentium M 1,2GHz SSE2 with OSX 10.4.10 (8.9.1 kernel).
I'm using also a MiniPCI Atheros AR2414 with the 10.4.5 version of IO80211family.kext and it works very fine...

I've done another try.
I've installed a 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel).
With this kernel, WITHOUT patching the drivers, the 1211 dongles works fine, the 1211b doens't.

I've also deleted the 1211b and I've patched the 1211 to works with id's of the last one dongles, but doesn't works....

Now I've a 1211 dongle that works only on 10.4.8 (8.4.1) system, and a 1211b that doesn't works at all.
What patch of "hackintosh" I can check to works with se 1211 dongle in my 10.4.10 (8.9.1)?

Thanks.

LedY

LedY

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Anyone else try their ZD1211 based Wireless USB dongle under Leopard yet?

I just tried and used the ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_7_0.dmg driver and it doesn't work. I see these errors in the system.log

Oct 26 19:24:38 ns-acpi [0x0-0xe00e].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[139]: Could not get ID for kernel control.
Oct 26 19:22:50 ns-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: : No such file or directory
Oct 26 19:32:34 ns-acpi [0x0-0xe00e].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[139]: 1193444781.487292: : No deviceInfo found
Oct 26 19:22:57 ns-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: application ShouldTerminate
Oct 26 19:22:57 ns-acpi [0x0-0x1d01d].tw.com.zydas.80211.g[405]: application WillTerminate

CheeseCake

CheeseCake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Zydas 4.57 10.4 driver is working on Leopard. My wifi usb dongle is a Belkin F5D7050 V4000.

What I did,
1. After first install and restart, try to unplug and replug the dongle first. The device will then appear in the Wlan's Network Adapter list but it is alway connecting and there is NO available network.
2. Open System Preferences, click Network, Configure the Ethernet Adpter (En1) MANUALLY, ie., IP/Subnet Mask/Router/DNS.
3. Click Assist me..., then Diagnotics....
4. Go back to WLan, it should be working now. Good Luck.

BTW, you don't have to unplug the dongle every time after restart. Great...

Attached Files

carpao

carpao

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
A question:
what is the chipset of Belkin f5d5071uk ?

which is the correct link for the driver in tyis case?

thanks in advance

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

Zydas 4.57 10.4 driver is working on Leopard. My wifi usb dongle is a Belkin F5D7050 V4000.

What I did,
1. After first install and restart, try to unplug and replug the dongle first. The device will then appear in the Wlan's Network Adapter list but it is alway connecting and there is NO available network.
2. Open System Preferences, click Network, Configure the Ethernet Adpter (En1) MANUALLY, ie., IP/Subnet Mask/Router/DNS.

Same here, with a 3Com.

I like more than my Ralink USB, and also has better reception ;)

Chema Garcia

Chema Garcia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, mine (also Belkin F5D7050 V4000) is now also working under Leopard OSX 10.5.1. There is new release of the driver which ends: 9.0 instead of 7.0. The ID of the device and manufacturer were OK with this new release.

Thanks CheeseCake for the additional and extremely helpful instructions to complete the process.

What I did,

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
Where is the new release?

Is ok to post it.

EDIT:
Found it.

from here:
http://discussions.a...ssageID=4486788

to here:
http://safecom.cn/co...MF.aspx?pid=321

It is Version 4

svnk

svnk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
anyone got shares under leo?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
Explain that.

Leo Sharing is different (if this is wat are you referring).

My Tiger shared folders needed some tweaking on Leo.

acideraser

acideraser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi, I have Belkin F5D7051 and cannot get it working under 10.5.1.I downloaded and installed both Zydas 4.5.7 and 4.5.9drivers but no luck - I have nothing in Netwoek Adapter list.And my Belkin is shown as Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless PPP (PPPSerial) Modem (usbmodem 80571)Is there any chance I can get it working, maybe change item description somewhere?I'm new to Mac/Hac and don't know what to edit in the pkg.Thank you in advanceHi, I have Belkin F5D7051 and cannot get it working under 10.5.1.I downloaded and installed both Zydas 4.5.7 and 4.5.9drivers but no luck - I have nothing in Netwoek Adapter list.And my Belkin is shown as Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless PPP (PPPSerial) Modem (usbmodem 80571)Is there any chance I can get it working, maybe change item description somewhere?I'm new to Mac/Hac and don't know what to edit in the pkg.Thank you in advance

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
your F5D7051 is not a Zydas based adapter, you can see that from the windows driver.

AFAIK there are no drivers for USB Broadcom based on Mac OS X

acideraser

acideraser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi, I have Belkin F5D7051 and cannot get it working under 10.5.1.
I downloaded and installed both Zydas 4.5.7 and 4.5.9drivers but no luck - I have nothing in Netwoek Adapter list.
And my Belkin is shown as Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless PPP (PPPSerial) Modem (usbmodem 80571)

Is there any chance I can get it working, maybe change item description somewhere?
I'm new to Mac/Hac and don't know what to edit in the pkg.

Thank you in advance

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
so, don't you read. :P

TheOrB

TheOrB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Happy New Year! Meant to post this some time ago, before I joined forum-but now I can :blink:

The latest drivers for Zydas USB chipsets- lots of different brands- Gigafast, Staples Retail Plus, some Trendnet, etc. can always be found at:
Macwireless

Panther, Tiger and Leopard drivers. They also have drivers for PCI wireless, etc.

I'm posting this in a few Zydas threads- I suppose this is the main driver sub-forum?

VaddR

VaddR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
May Belkin or some other USB WIFI Adapter works as Access Point ?

Guest: rrioja_*

Guest: rrioja_*
  • Guests
Leopard 10.5.1
USB2.0 WLAN:

Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: Yes
BSD Name: en1
Version: 43.30
Bus Power (mA): 500
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: ZyDAS
Mac OS 9 Drivers: No
Partition Map Type: Unknown
Product ID: 0x1211
Vendor ID: 0x0ace

Wlan shows my usb WLAN adaptor but Network doesnt (shows just the wired LAN)

The dongle works a treat under linux, pitty I cant get it working under macosx

Anybody can help?

And failing that any chip pci wlan card that works easily on a hackintosh?

EDIT: Updated to 10.5.2 and it works like a charm! with driver 4.5.9 (for 10.4.8)
The bug was on leopard 10.5.1

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
You need to add a new interface, it wont show automatically.

You can also add a new location and the new interface will appear (as ethernet not as airport btw.)

nunopassarinho

nunopassarinho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello.
Does this drivers works with the intel3945 on leopard 10.5.1/10.5.2?
thanks

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
No, Zydas is for Zydas based chip, the Intel has a develpment effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy