PS/2 Mouse Support

zerograv

38 posts in this topic

Ive tried MBR but get the same results. Right now i have it partitioned to Guid.

Base processor

Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz

Chipset

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (ive heard rumours that this may cause ps/2 issues, but i don't see why it would work for leopard)

Motherboard

Manufacturer: MSI

Motherboard Name: MS-7184

Ram

3GB PC 3200 DDR

Optical

TSSTCorp 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW (+/-)R DL LightScribe drive IDE

HDD

Western Digital 150GB IDE

Can you confirm or otherwise for your MOBO:

Northbridge: ATI RS482

Southbridge: ATI SB400

Audio: AC-97/Realtek ALC658C

LAN: Realtek 8100C

Is the DVDRW jumper-set and connected as Master via an 80-wire IDE cable to the MOBO?

Is Execute Disable Bit set to [Enabled]?

Try booting with -v busratio=10 busratiopath=1

Can you confirm or otherwise for your MOBO:

Northbridge: ATI RS482

Southbridge: ATI SB400

Audio: AC-97/Realtek ALC658C

LAN: Realtek 8100C

Is the DVDRW jumper-set and connected as Master via an 80-wire IDE cable to the MOBO?

Is Execute Disable Bit set to [Enabled]?

Try booting with -v busratio=10 busratiopath=1

Everything there is confirm, but I disabled ac97 because i have a usb soundcard that i'm going to use if i get this up and running.

DVD is jumper set as master

And execute disable bit is hardware virus protection is it not? as far as i know its default is enable but i'm not sure how to check that on mac 10.5.2 which is my only current running OS.

I'll try booting with those flags and see what happens.

Everything there is confirm, but I disabled ac97 because i have a usb soundcard that i'm going to use if i get this up and running.

DVD is jumper set as master

And execute disable bit is hardware virus protection is it not? as far as i know its default is enable but i'm not sure how to check that on mac 10.5.2 which is my only current running OS.

I'll try booting with those flags and see what happens.

To check execute disable bit setting you have to enter your actual BIOS setup at bootup (invariably via the Del key)..........nothing to do with OS X.......

I don't have an NX or execute disable bit option in my bios

No need to worry about it then........

and i tried booting with those flags and i get a waiting for root device error. I'm going to restore the hazard distro and see if i have any luck with that. Do you think a retail install could work with my system?

Have you tried iATKOS S3 v2.....?

yeah that was the version i was just trying, i have read about a number of other people who have been having ps/2 problems when trying to install that distro on amd

In that case try Hazard or a Retail install.........

Hey i just wanted to say thanks for all the help! Even though i haven't accomplished my goals, i'm still learning alot which is mainly the reason i'm trying to do this!

I'm going to try the hazard distro and then try retail. Any kernels you recommend?

You will need to used a patched i.e. non-vanilla kernel........e.g. qoopz kernel etc.......

So strangest thing....

I got my usb hdd all set up for hazard, booted from it and got a panic so I tried to boot back into leopard. Well, i've had leopard installed on this pc for probably a year without even a single crash, but for some reason I couldn't boot it back up after the KP usb boot. I decided to reinstall leopard (I hadn't touched the drive it was on which is the puzzling part) and while I installed I had the ps/2 to usb adapter plugged in. I had no Mouse at the install screen so I installed with just the keyboard, booted it up and viola usb keyboard and mouse. Now if I could just have that kind of random luck with SnowLeo i'd be set!!

anyway so far no luck even booting the hazard distro, i keep getting KP, but the weird thing is I had set up the usb exactly the same a previous time and didn't get KP, just no ps/2. Seems there is no method to the mayhem.