Super Micro X8DTT-F Hackintosh

freeradicalx

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, not really a n00b to hackintoshing or this forum but I just stopped lurking today so I'm stuck in this section for the time being. Hopefully someone can lend a hand with this project regardless.

I'm trying to install OS X on a Supermicro X8DTT-F motherboard (here: http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherb...500/X8DTT-F.cfm ).

Now, I've come across a few threads here where people claim they've gotten X8-series boards running OS X without too many problems, particularly VladTheBad's X8DTH-6F, and the wiki says that an X8DAl-i can run 10.6.2 without too much trouble. Following VladTheBad's advice here, I installed only 1 core and 4GB RAM, disabled hyper-threading and set CPUs=1 in the BIOS. Using TonyMacX86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Universal disc, I'm able to install a retail copy of 10.6 without any problems, however when I boot into it (In safe mode of course), I get a consistent kernel panic regarding AppleACPIPlatform(1.3), pictured below.

IMG00500-20101217-1449.jpg

I'd like to think that if I can solve this issue, I can get into the operating system and patch it correctly from there (I'm sure a custom DSDT will have to be created, which will be different problem entirely). But I don't know where to from here / how to do that. I'm aware that ACPI issues are diverse and varied and can be caused by a wide range of things, but perhaps someone here has seen this problem before? I've been playing around with the BIOS, turning off and on the advanced Intel features and the ACPI settings. Here's a screenshot of the ACPI panel, just to give you guys and idea of my options on that end:

IMG00501-20101217-1450.jpg

(I have it set to ACPI 1.0 right now but it also does 2.0 and 3.0, all of which result in the same panic)

So.... Any takers? The video card is a GeForce 8400 GS. This is one of two twins inside of a 1U rackmount case. If I can get it to work I'm going to do the same thing to the other twin and I dare say it might result in the fastest hackintosh yet...

• 3 years later...

Grave digging!

The images don't show up for me, I'm assuming it's the ACPI core ID issue. I've got a pair of X8DTT-HF+ showing up soon so hopefully I'll have more info to report, along with possibly DSDT edit to fix issue. Hopefully I'll be able to get same install to boot on either X8SIT-F and X8DTT-HF+, so can keep install same and be able to swap node board in and out of chassis for recovery/upgrade with near zero downtime.