Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Q6600, 8gig

bin23

1 post in this topic

Hello all, I've read through the most of the post in this area and I am still unable to get this install off the ground. I've flashed the board with the modded rom and made the suggested setting alterations, but whether the SATA controller is in IDE or ACHI, I can't get my machine to boot up for an install. I've tried 132, a 132 mod for P5Q machines, the Universal Snow3.6, iATKOS_s3, Pirate, etc. all without luck.I've tried a retail, manual restore on an 8gig memory stick with the latest Chameleon and system kext; the machine just doesn't recognize it as a bootable disk and goes directly to loading the old Xp install that I will be blowing away with SL if I can get there.

I am sure it some small part that I am missing, but at the point I don't have a clue what that would be.

Thanks before hand.

Bin

P.S : the Universal gets as far as an apple screen with a small square and crossed out circle in the middle.