Install OSX on Averatec 2370 help..

rawdog805

62 posts in this topic

OK... Finally got my Ralink WIFI to recognize and see my WIFI network, by using the program in This thread...

But my only problem with this is that it only sees my card when I boot up using the -f command, which is not really much of a problem, but when I use the -f command I sometimes don't have keyboard functionality.. any help with that would be appreciated..

OK... Finally got my Ralink WIFI to recognize and see my WIFI network, by using the program in This thread...

But my only problem with this is that it only sees my card when I boot up using the -f command, which is not really much of a problem, but when I use the -f command I sometimes don't have keyboard functionality.. any help with that would be appreciated..

What has happened with your nForce 430 LAN Ethernet......in eno's nForceLAN thread you said forcedeth is not working but here you said it does?

Re your Wifi, the new kext(s) hare probably not cached (or cached properly) in Extensions.mkext, so in Terminal type:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo  kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext  /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot with -v -f and then use Disk Utility to repair OS X permissions............

For your PNY 9800 GT DDR, have you tried the three methods summarised in my nForce RETAIL INSTALL GUIDE for Snow Leopard here........

Well the problem with the Colonel's forcedeth-nockd.kext is that it gives me Kernel panics whenver trying to download files.. So I did a complete reinstall and then downloaded eno's newest pkg file, and this time instead of double clicking the file and installing it as if it were a regular program I simply extracted the kext file from inside the pkg file and installed it and it now works for my Nforce LAN 430 with no kernel panics..

I will try your methods for the NVIDIA 9800GT when I get home in a few hours, as well as the method you posted for my Laptops wireless..

EDIT - Desktop is now fully functional with QE showing as supported, using NVKush, but for some reason it doesnt show the name of the card it just says "I Can Has Model?"

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo  kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext  /System/Library/Extensions/

Reboot with -v -f and then use Disk Utility to repair OS X permissions............

I put the first three lines in with no problem and then tried to put in the last line and got the following error..

kectcache: resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures

can't create /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext.BP9y - No Such file or directory

I put the first three lines in with no problem and then tried to put in the last line and got the following error..

kectcache: resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures

can't create /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext.BP9y - No Such file or directory

Manually remove files in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ and then re-run

Manually remove files in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ and then re-run

THere is no Startup folder inside of the com.apple.kext.caches folder.. There is only one file inside there and its called kernelcache..

The extensions.mkext is located in the /System/Library/ folder on my setup..

THere is no Startup folder inside of the com.apple.kext.caches folder.. There is only one file inside there and its called kernelcache..

The extensions.mkext is located in the /System/Library/ folder on my setup..

Do....oh!

Very sorry my mistake........I forgot that you are running Leopard and not Snow Leopard!

For Leopard, just doing

should be sufficient to re-create the Extensions.mkext file.......

Do....oh!

Very sorry my mistake........I forgot that you are running Leopard and not Snow Leopard!

For Leopard, just doing

should be sufficient to re-create the Extensions.mkext file.......

I ran only the above command, and then did a reboot... But sadly the wireless still doesnt work unless I boot using -F..

I ran only the above command, and then did a reboot... But sadly the wireless still doesnt work unless I boot using -F..

Do you mean -F or -f ......please confirm as '-f ' forces all kexts in /S/L/E/ to be loaded and to bypass Extensions.mkext, and then re-create Extensions.mkext, whereas '-F ' forces apple.com.Boot.plist to be ignored at bootup......

Do you mean -F or -f ......please confirm as '-f ' forces all kexts in /S/L/E/ to be loaded and to bypass Extensions.mkext, and then re-create Extensions.mkext, whereas '-F ' forces apple.com.Boot.plist to be ignored at bootup......

oh sorry its -f that I put in..

Also I am trying to figure out a way to dual boot Windows 7 and OSX on my desktop using 2 different internal hard drives.. I have been searching but cant really find any information on this.. I tried EasyBCD but for some reason it doesnt see my MAC Drive..

oh sorry its -f that I put in..

Also I am trying to figure out a way to dual boot Windows 7 and OSX on my desktop using 2 different internal hard drives.. I have been searching but cant really find any information on this..

Chameleon on OS HDD and EasyBCD 2.02 on Windows 7 HDD.........since Windows likes it that way, put its HDD as the first HDD to boot from and add an entry for OS X in the EasyBCD boot manager........

Chameleon on OS HDD and EasyBCD 2.02 on Windows 7 HDD.........since Windows likes it that way, put its HDD as the first HDD to boot from and add an entry for OS X in the EasyBCD boot manager........

OK, now that -f thing is the only thing that's got me frustrated now as everything seems to be working good on both the laptop and the desktop.. Wish I could enable the QE function on my Geforce Go 6100, but beggers cant be choosers..