G73jw install

chrisono

33 posts in this topic

I've installed yesterday with this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239207

The only problems i see (for now) are:

Shutdown leave the blu lights on and i have to shutdown with power press for 5 sec 

LAN don't working (WIFI yes and very goooooood)

Battery status everytime 0% (i think there is a problem with the DSDT and BIOS)

Any help? Urgent is the battery status if any have a solution 

Thanks

dear ak-87

i found the solution to get the sound working.

you should remove the voodooprefpan and voodoohda and applehda kext.

After you will use this voodoo hda .kexts as attached.

i fixed it so it should work for everyone.

Nice! Thanks lololololololol! I will try it when I get home, I appreciate this greatly!

Adrenix, I have the same issue with the battery status and the shutdown, didn't really pay much attention to that, was more concerned with the sound, as per the Lan you have to download the kexts for it to work, I got the working ones at home, ones I get there I'll post them up, though that might be today, tomorrow or Monday, basically next time that Ill remember about it, Ill do it.

Best of luck with!

AK87

OMG guys, one more thing, I realized that my SL doesnt recognize 8 gigs of ram cause I can't place the 2 sticks back, they don't lock in, anyone has any similar problems, this is pretty serious, I think since I opened it up my warranty might be voided, and if those 2 slots are defective than Im screwed. Is there any special way to insert them so that they lock back in? it's really wiered, when I take out the third one, I can put it right back and it locks easily but the other 2 just dont wanna lock or anything...Hope since you guys have same laptops you can gimme some advice,

All help much appreciated!

AK87

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the 8Gb of ram is solved after i installed the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the lastest charmeleon boot. See if help.

Audio work with the voodooHDA kext but not the microfone.

The battery status (not in panel but with other monitoring soft) work with voodoobattery.

Only problem this time is that random times the system crash with Graphics error... i wait for new nvidia drivers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a problem with this laptop. Shutdown does not work (I have to press Power button to turn the laptop off) and it doesn't wake from sleep. Does anyone experience the same?

Yea actually I didn't mention this earlier, but I do experience these, also I still can't get sound, even with the posted kexts in this discussion :/