10.6.5 randomly black screens "Please Reboot..."

StealthMode

1 post in this topic

I have iAtkos S3v2 installed and updated to 10.6.5 (smooth upgrade) on my Intel box, Intel C2D E7200, Asus P5k-Pro, nVidia 8800GT 512mb, Asus 23in 1080p HDMI monitor. My problem is that I randomly get a black screen with "Please Reboot...." crash, there doesn't seem to be a common denominator of what causes it either, it's completely random. Then, which is more common, when I try to reboot, right before I get to the chameleon bootloader, I get a blinking cursor, so I will have to reset, and I may have to do this a few times before it finally gets past that point and boots normally, or sometimes I will have to turn it off, and try again. Sometimes I can't get it to boot at all and I will have to settle with Windows 7 for a couple days, then reboot and SLeo boots right up. Any ideas? It happens whether I have the 10.6.5 32/64 SleepEnabler.kext installed or not. I installed it thinking maybe it would fix my monitor not waking from sleep issue. Just the monitor and hard disks are allowed to sleep, but it hasn't.