• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ash85

Ash85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Does anyone know the best bluetooth adapter to wake up from bluetooth mouse or keyboard, I've currently got the Trust BT-2400p, it works after wake from sleep but cann;t wake the computer from sleep with keyboard/mouse.

antipop2323

antipop2323

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
good question, have read the dbt-120 works with revisions b2-b4... i currently have a b4 on its way to me that i won off ebay for $5.. will let you know how it works out...

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I was having trouble too, until I found this topic on the board...

Broadcom 2045/2046 bluetooth legacy Kext

If you can find or have one with a Broadcom 2045 or 2046 chipset in it, the legacy kext above should work. I tried it on both an AUS BT-21 and a Targus ACB10US (old long silver one), and both the Magic mouse and the short keyboard work flawlessly with the Targus ACB10US. The ASUS BT-21 works (wake from sleep too) but there seems to be a slight bit of mouse lag, but not all the time. Though it might be due to where my computer is (under my desk way in the back).

I feel that the Targus ACB10US works the best (that I have tried), it's long (about 1 inch long and silver in color), but, they don't make it anymore, I found mine on ebay for 3 or 4 USD.

I did a search on Google for broadcom 2045 usb bluetooth dongle and got quite a few hits.

You can also read this topic to find suggestions on dongles too.

Apple Magic Mouse and bluetooth dongles

antipop2323

antipop2323

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
so yah, i can jiggle my mouse to wake up my pc now with a trendnet tbw-105ub
got it for $17.99 at Fry's... just use the legacy text the poster above linked.. edit the device/product ids and voila...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy