T5300 {censored} 2 Duo 1.73Ghz

3GB DDR2 RAM

SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

1280x800 screen (1280x768 in VESA mode)

Sony Optiarc CRX880a IDE Combo Drive

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 120GB SATA drive

Realtek RTL8187L a/b/g

Realtek HD Audio

I tried a fresh install of iATKOS S3. DVD drive won't let it boot, so I reinstalled iATKOS v7 and mounted the ISO image onto the internal hard drive on a separate partition. Then I booted into that partition, and voila faster-than-DVD install!

...Or so I thought. At first, I used the default bootloader and settings. Then this error came up:

"boot0: GPT

boot0: testing

boot0: error"

I snooped around the forums, looking for answers. Then someone said, this was caused by a boot1h file missing. So I downloaded it and found out I don't know any way to use this file. Then right below that, Chameleon v2 RC4 should have fixed this.

So I reinstalled Snow Leopard iATKOS S3, this time using Chameleon v2 RC4 as the bootloader. Still the same error comes up.

Is there any way I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Ran into a new error.

I tried booting into 32-bit mode, same error, except with one more "boot0: testing".

I tried booting with Chameleon V2 RC2 from iATKOS v7, tells me to restart.

I tried a solution suggested by many, which is to set the partition active. Makes no sense for me since it can't even boot into the darn partition, but I tried it anyway. WHAT DO YOU KNOW, FAILURE!

HELP!!!!

This must be the 4th or 5th time I edited/commented on this thread with NO responses...

Did I mention this is NOT A DUALBOOT SYSTEM? It only has:

1. Legacy bootloader partition, needed for booting into iATKOS S3 V2 Install.

2. Main Snow Leopard partition

3. iATKOS S3 V2 Install partition

No USB dongles. My total HDD capacity is 120GB, so that HDD>1TB thing is out of the question...

PLEASE WILL SOMEONE HELP ME??????????????

• 3 months later...
Clevo M720S 12" laptop

T5300 {censored} 2 Duo 1.73Ghz

3GB DDR2 RAM

SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

1280x800 screen (1280x768 in VESA mode)

Sony Optiarc CRX880a IDE Combo Drive

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 120GB SATA drive

Realtek RTL8187L a/b/g

Realtek HD Audio

I tried a fresh install of iATKOS S3. DVD drive won't let it boot, so I reinstalled iATKOS v7 and mounted the ISO image onto the internal hard drive on a separate partition. Then I booted into that partition, and voila faster-than-DVD install!

...Or so I thought. At first, I used the default bootloader and settings. Then this error came up:

"boot0: GPT

boot0: error"

I snooped around the forums, looking for answers. Then someone said, this was caused by a boot1h file missing. So I downloaded it and found out I don't know any way to use this file. Then right below that, Chameleon v2 RC4 should have fixed this.

So I reinstalled Snow Leopard iATKOS S3, this time using Chameleon v2 RC4 as the bootloader. Still the same error comes up.

Is there any way I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Ran into a new error.

I tried booting into 32-bit mode, same error, except with one more "boot0: testing".

I tried booting with Chameleon V2 RC2 from iATKOS v7, tells me to restart.

I tried a solution suggested by many, which is to set the partition active. Makes no sense for me since it can't even boot into the darn partition, but I tried it anyway. WHAT DO YOU KNOW, FAILURE!

HELP!!!!

This must be the 4th or 5th time I edited/commented on this thread with NO responses...

Did I mention this is NOT A DUALBOOT SYSTEM? It only has:

1. Legacy bootloader partition, needed for booting into iATKOS S3 V2 Install.

2. Main Snow Leopard partition

3. iATKOS S3 V2 Install partition

No USB dongles. My total HDD capacity is 120GB, so that HDD>1TB thing is out of the question...

PLEASE WILL SOMEONE HELP ME??????????????

First some general information about how Chameleon works, I'm not getting into whether or not you installed SL correctly because I haven't used it, but I have some understanding of Chameleon.

This link Part 3 - Install Chameleon Bootloader is from a tutorial and gives a decent explanation of how Chameleon works. But after reading it, for an actual manual install of Chameleon, this next link is clearer.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809 One can make a partition active from the command line.

You can't follow those commands word for word, literally: from the terminal one types "diskutil list" without the quotes to find out where the files should go. Write boot0 to the MBR. boot1h goes to the bootsector of the partition that Chameleon will be installed to. And "boot" will be installed under the root, which is /

Are you able to boot into OS X from an install cd or similar?

hxxp://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/39/Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-bin.tar.gz contains all the Chameleon files in the i386 directory.

It is one problem not to boot to SL from the hard drive and another if you can't boot to SL from your boot cd. So to boot from the hard drive boot0 is written to the MBR as per the instructions. boot1h and "boot" are written to the partition you are going to boot from and it should be marked active. It's no good to have those written to a partition that you are not booting from. So if you can boot SL, use Finder to see the Chameleon boot files on the hard drive; what partition are they in? You might have to enable ShowAllFiles which shows hidden files. I didn't use iatkos, so I have a 100 mb EFI partition which is marked active.

So the instructions contained in the insanelymac link above tell you what do do with boot1h.

My first link, a pdf file, gives you some background on what you are doing, but I think the instructions in the second line are clearer to use. That is all I have to offer.