ITunes

Guest User Name

33 posts in this topic

I haven't tried the DD install.  Does it use the SSE3 CoreGraphics file?  I have deadmoo here with only CoreGraphics replaced with original and the TPM file deleted...  12-18% CPU on average w/2.8GHz SSE3 P4.

4.9 is also ppc only. the source code is needed to compile an intel build in order to avoid using rosetta. tell me how to get the source code please.

4.9  is also ppc only. the source code is needed to compile an intel build in order to avoid using rosetta.  tell me how to get the source code please.

The version that comes w/x86 macs is PPC too...

I don't see what relevance your post had to mine anyway.

Your post is a bit nonsensical. Obviously he is configured poorly somehow, no way a Celeron will beat an SSE3 P4 at the same clockspeed.

so what ?

a lot of people says that celeron run rosetta very slow.

of course celeron is slower than a brand new prescott.

but on mine celeron itunes takes ²0 pourcent

and it's not that bad.

Well, if you read the post you replied to you were implying a Celeron is faster than a P4 w/SSE. That will never be the case unless the Celeron is overclocked or something. (He had a 3+ GHz P4 vs. your 2.53 Celeron D, and was obviously misconfigured too).

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled discussion. -_-

On one machine, I am using the deadmoo image with Maxxuss .5 patches and it installed and runs iTunes 5 fine with no problems. I can turn on the sound enhancer and minimize it and work on other stuff while it keeps playing fine in the background. On the other machine I used the release1 patched DVD to do a clean native install on a Celeron D with SSE3 and iTunes 5 worked without any patches just the same as the other machine.