Where can I find Mac OS X Tiger for Intel?

Nick Bolton

1 post in this topic

I am developing some open source software, and by popular demand our users wish that we support Mac OS X Tiger (10.4). Unfortunately, I upgraded my Mac Mini from Tiger some time ago, and as I bought it second hand I don't have the original install media (assuming there were any).

I would like to buy Mac OS X Tiger for Intel, but it seems like only the PPC version is being sold on eBay, and I need the Intel version -- I have been told that the PPC version is so popular because it's the last version supported for PPC architecture. Unfortunately this leaves me in a bad place, since there are virtually no Intel versions for sale.

I tried using my friend's 10.4 CDs that came with his MacBook Pro, but unfortunately they won't boot on my Mac Mini for some reason (they only work on his MacBook Pro). Is this because OS X install discs can be tied to a specific model?

The "Model identifier" for my Mac is "Macmini1,1"