Will OSX Leopard run on Only the Mac Pro?

Jimi4

17 posts in this topic

It'll be interesting to see how well it works on a G3, though. Tiger can be pretty sluggish.

I beg to differ.

the iBook here (dual USB/FireWire, 500MHz G3) with 640 RAM runs Tiger quite smooth. In fact I see a noticeable difference between Panther and Tiger on this machine with Tiger winning.

Apple has to make a cutoff somewhere, but I would like to see that cutoff be... G3's with at least 512 RAM and FireWire.

It doesn't make sense with the Intel transition to cutoff support for these machines just yet.

Unless they have a very good reason that isn't just because they would like to push those people to shinier new MacBooks.

I'm a little biased though I will admit being that I have two G3 machines here still in production use.

I cannot find the answer anywhere. Will Mac OS Leopard run on only the Mac Pro or will it run on all the Mac Books as well as the Mac Mini? Thanks alot!

Obviously, it will only run on the Mac Pro, and to have it run decently, you need at least 4GB of RAM, and the 3.0GHz processor. Oh, and pigs fly. ;)

Obviously, it will only run on the Mac Pro, and to have it run decently, you need at least 4GB of RAM, and the 3.0GHz processor. Oh, and pigs fly. :hysterical:

Pu7o, you have Leopard confused with Vista. And don't forget a quad sli graphics card if you want Aero.

Pu7o, you have Leopard confused with Vista. And don't forget a quad sli graphics card if you want Aero.

Why do people keep saying that Aero is to demanding. f*** I have a macbook with goddam Onboard graphics and I Still get Aero.

Why do people keep saying that Aero is to demanding. f*** I have a macbook with goddam Onboard graphics and I Still get Aero.

i have a freaking desktop with a geforce 5600 or something with 256 mb vram and a 2.8ghz pentium 4 with 512 mb of ram and aero lags around the screen. its horrible.

Why would Apple release an OS that works on one piece of new, expensive pro hardware. I look forward to running it on 2 G5's and a macbook, maybe even a TiBook (If I upgrade that). I'm glad to hear that it will date back to a G3. :)