NVidia GTX460 (and similar) video drivers

21 posts in this topic

I hacked the installer slightly so that it will allow installation even on non-MacPro's.

Use Chameleon 2 GraphicsEnabler to get your card fully working.

This driver is for Snow Leopard (32+64bit).

Tested it myself on an Asus notebook and it works great in both 32 and 64 bit.

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/434511731/NVID...56.01.00f03.zip

Not working for NVIDIA 220 GT. I see only colorful cubes. I have not made a backup kexts. I'll kill myself! However, thank you Andy. My mistake!

:D:):wallbash:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The problem gone with Lion, Im using Lion DP4 and finally GTX 460 is working fine.

Did you use this on Lion? I have DP4 and the issue is I get random kernel panics (not freezes, actual KPs). Does this fix that?

I don't have KPs with Lion and GTX 460 are detected even on install, Im just using the GTX EFI String in boot.plist with the last Chameleon.

I had this random freezes (and hard restart) when I used Snow Leopard with GTX 460.

ps.: sorry about the bad english.

After some more use the KPs seem to have gone away. Last one I got was prior to updating today. I was playing TF2 and the computer just froze. Anyway, maybe this update will aid that.

On a side note, I installed this driver on Snow Leopard, and I still got a freeze. Not sure if I have something else that may be causing the problem (such as edited AGPM kext, may have to revert to original.)

EDIT: Started playing TF2 again on Lion. I had about an hour and a half of uptime prior to playing. I started playing and it froze in ten minutes.

I don't have KPs with Lion and GTX 460 are detected even on install, Im just using the GTX EFI String in boot.plist with the last Chameleon.

what .... dont u got pci configration begins while booting????? can u please specify installion process and your hardware specs

what .... dont u got pci configration begins while booting????? can u please specify installion process and your hardware specs

Yes, I have PCI Configuration msg and after around 20 seconds the desktop shows up.

• I have the last Chameleon installed in EFI partition;
  • The SMBIOS is configured with MacPro3,1 and the right serial;
  • I restored Lion DMG to one external HD, I just boot and choose the MacOS Lion Install partition, from Chameleon menu, at this moment the GTX 460 is already detect and install screen shows up in 2560x1600 that is the higher resolution from my monitor;
  • I dont delete any file from Lion and FakeSMC is just in Chameleon EFI partition inside /EXTRA folder;
  • I have DSDT with the correct patches suggested from here and some other forums.

My config is:

ASUS P6T

Core i7 930

12 GB DDR 3

2 HDs 1.5 TB SATA 2

GTX 460 - 768 MB

If you need some file from my config, let me know, I could upload to somewhere.

chamaleon version? kext dp4 works? files??

Chameleon from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=255866

The only kext that I use is FakeSMC from Netkas, inside EXTRA folder.

DSDT is for my motherboard, somethings maybe work to another ASUS motherboard.

At nigt I will post here my SMBIOS.plist and Boot.plist