• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Signe Landet

Signe Landet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Chicony webcam ProdID 0xb300 (45824) VedorID 0x04f2 (1266)
in an Acer Aspire S3-391 (i5-3317U)

It does not show up as an iSight camera, just as a "HD Webcam".

Any suggestions?

jackoloki

jackoloki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I found this thread because I'm trying to fix the FaceTime issue that others have complained about; looking *very* pixelated… like 10x the normal size as if the camera were only 30 x 70 pixels… that, and after a half minute, the whole image starts flickering madly.

According to ideasonboard.org the Sunplus 1bcf:2809 webcam that comes with the Dell 3550 *is* supported by the Linux UVC driver, but it didn't say anything about whether the Sunplus 1bcf:2888 that came with my HP 4530s is UVC.

At any rate, I followed the instructions to the letter, editing the AnyiSightCam.kext (all 3 instances of both ID's in hexadecimal) and then installing it in S/L/E. In 'About my Mac' the webcam did show up as a 'Built-in iSight", which it didn't do before the kext... Unfortunately, the webcam simply doesn't function with kext installed... I get no image at all. Same with PhotoBooth.

Anyway, I removed the kext and I'm pretty much back where I started... highly pixelated FaceTime.

Can anyone confirm that the webcam that comes with the HP 4530s is UVC? I mean it is 28XX like that on the Dell's... so, it probably is, wouldn't you think? AND is there anything else I can do aside from the instructions to get my this webcam to function as it is supposed to?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

---

hp 4530s i7 2670QM/2.20 GHz (LJ521UT#ABA)

Mac OSX MountainLion 10.8.1

NoSmokingBandit

NoSmokingBandit

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
This got my webcam working, but it refuses to connect in tinychat. It works with http://www.testwebcam.com/ but nothing else online. Any suggestions?

bonzybuddy

bonzybuddy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Thanks for this. I have working webcam now!!!!
Vaio VPCEB24FX using 10.8.2 Hazard. :)

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Anybody here running Mavericks using this approach to have your webcam work in OS X 10.9?

Ramalama

Ramalama

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Anybody here running Mavericks using this approach to have your webcam work in OS X 10.9?

Yes :-)

This Kext is working on every version of OSX, because it's just a info.plist merge kext...

@Andy

Thank you very much for this kext, its working awesome on 10.9.2 :-)

And it fixed my Camera :-)

Before my Cam's Light didn't turned off, now it turns off:-)

Cheers :-)

wh1sker

wh1sker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

So my Microsoft VX800 webcam doesn't work anymore. It worked perfectly, but now, the hackintosh "sees" the webcam, but no video, black screen. Also, after a few seconds, the hackintosh FREEZES. It's fricking annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy